Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed MADE IN CHINA

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fabspeed Motorsport "USA" doesn't build everything in house. They fabricate about 30% of their products in house...if that. The rest is overseas...Pacific rim if you all know what I mean. Joe use a company called Jim, but he also uses another company named "Lucky Chain" and another one called "Leing Fei" and yet another named "Everest". Fabspeed profit margins are shrinking, there are less pieces of the pie now a days compounded by the Asian markets wanting more money for goods so they can live the better "western" way of life and this is why Joe (the owner of the company) is desperate making videos trashing other companies.

You don't believe me?? Ok please check out this links.

http://www.importgenius.com/fr/impor...otorsports-usa

http://www.greatexportimport.com/b-f...osport/4712437

http://northamerica.tradeinfo365.com...84b22872ec3e63

http://www.importersinusa.com/compan...usa/232974.php

"You don't know what you are getting Ladies & gentlemen, the pictures don't lie" right Joe? ;-)

Anybody who can weld and fabricate can do what they are doing, the only thing that has really helped them get to where they are is marketing, Joe pumps large sums of cash into marketing so he can reel in the unsuspecting. For now they can afford the profit margins shrinking because they are so high, but as more of the pie gets taken the margins will thus come down and the people like Joe will go away.

They will always have their minions though, the customers they kiss butt to and offer video time to on their company marketing videos. Everybody have a price right???

Joe fired his only engineer who actually gave a damn about the products he was trying to make better for them...The guy was named (Chris), he was trying to standardize or create a protocol on how dyno testing was to take place at you know where (Asia). Joe was always after him because he said Chris was "wasting time", on the contrary Chris was testing already existing products but was finding out that instead of gaining horsepower that some of the products are actually costing horsepower...I guess Joe got tired of being shown that either his products were not making as much as he say or were actually LOSING HP...then it came to a head and he fired Chris because Chris would not back down and basically told Joe he is lying to the public.

Last edited by Leo997TT; 07-30-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:00 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 440 Likes on 283 Posts

All, I know is, been waiting for Fabspeed to send me replacement cats for several months now. Not a peep out of them. Getting pissed. Should say, have GOTTEN pissed.

I never heard the parts were made in China... is that true? Maybe that explains why they can't get a set of cats?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Cuda911
All, I know is, been waiting for Fabspeed to send me replacement cats for several months now. Not a peep out of them. Getting pissed. Should say, have GOTTEN pissed. I never heard the parts were made in China... is that true? Maybe that explains why they can't get a set of cats?

Just 2 weeks ago Fabspeed has imported 584 kg/ 1287 Lbs of exhaust parts from Lucky Chain Exhausts Co. Ltd from Taiwan. So yes they buy a lot from Taiwan/China and here are the facts for those who think they always know better.

http://www.importgenius.com/fr/impor...otorsports-usa

Here are some others:

http://www.greatexportimport.com/b-f...osport/4712437

http://northamerica.tradeinfo365.com...84b22872ec3e63

http://www.importersinusa.com/compan...usa/232974.php
Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 440 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
What on earth happened to the cats they sold you to begin with? Man so sorry to hear your tale of woe but I've got a bad feeling here…..
Last year, I installed the Fabspeed Performance Packages (headers, X-pipe, cats, mufflers, etc.).

Within a few months, I got a CEL, bad cat bank one. Cleared it, but a month later, CEL shows both banks bad. Cleared it, but it came on again.

Fabspeed claimed they would replace the bad cats, but then stopped communicating.

Their customer service reeks, and although I was a former fan of their products, I now renounce that, too.

Even if they ever do send some new cats, I don't suppose I can rely on them to last more than a few months.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Last year, I installed the Fabspeed Performance Packages (headers, X-pipe, cats, mufflers, etc.). Within a few months, I got a CEL, bad cat bank one. Cleared it, but a month later, CEL shows both banks bad. Cleared it, but it came on again. Fabspeed claimed they would replace the bad cats, but then stopped communicating. Their customer service reeks, and although I was a former fan of their products, I now renounce that, too. Even if they ever do send some new cats, I don't suppose I can rely on them to last more than a few months.
I will go back stock asap....
Old 07-30-2014, 03:41 PM
acf
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Not surprised..
Old 07-30-2014, 03:53 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

brutal, just brutal! Leo you pulled his pants down in front of the whole class LMAOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
brutal, just brutal! Leo you pulled his pants down in front of the whole class LMAOOOOOOOO!!!
More like the whole world !!!
Cant see him staying in business for much longer, l think he's done.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Khooger
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pure SADNESS.....Evan....unreliable....excuses....rarely replys to PM's...(this is about the dual tips).....Evan please do not contact me back as I am not buying Fabspeed stuff anymore...loosers..
Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

wait a second, are posts disappearing from this thread? MODs what's up?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Yes they are because what we are doing is against the rules of the forum....

"you two are doing falls into the vendetta category which is not allowed here. Stop now please."

"There should be not people upset because facts, pictures and videos don't lie"

Joe Fabspeed....

Why they are upset now? :-/

Last edited by Leo997TT; 07-30-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:11 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Yes they are because what we are doing is against the rules of the forum....

"you two are doing falls into the vendetta category which is not allowed here. Stop now please."
well that's too bad Leo, I think you are doing a service by exposing this garbage.

btw the video is back up. my favorite line is at 2:57 when Joe says "I want to tell you for a fact, I can conjecture that these are not HJS Emitec catalytic convertors"... yes you heard that right, he can tell us for a "fact" that he can "conjecture" LMFFAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO!!! So Joe which is it? a fact or a conjecture? or are you telling us that in fact you can conjecture? I think Joe needs to buy a dictionary, and that's a fact LOL!!

that video is the gift that keeps on giving. this garbage needs to be exposed. $3900 for a chinese made exhaust with 90% margins that's sold here and marketed as Made in the USA is shameful. As Porsche owners we get ripped off on almost all these mods. Same "quality" chinese made exhaust is sold to Honda Civic owners for $600.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by aa909
wait a second, are posts disappearing from this thread? MODs what's up?
Try 43 of my posts here and on the other FS thread. As i said earlier regarding the dreadful lies and defamatory information spruked by Joe/FS …incidentally all which still remain I note including the personal attacks against myself.

Disgusting.

Once again BS will rule the day and the unknowing members suffer because of that.

After a lifetime in the motor I industry I can't recall ever seeing anything so skewed and biased toward upholding such an unscrupulous operator and at this point, I don't know if i can be part of this deceitful and despicable charade any longer here on RL.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by speed21
Try 43 of my posts here and on the other FS thread. As i said earlier regarding the dreadful lies and defamatory information spruked by Joe/FS 舰incidentally all which still remain I note including the personal attacks against myself. Disgusting. Once again BS will rule the day and the unknowing members suffer because of that. After a lifetime in the motor I industry I can't recall ever seeing anything so skewed and biased toward upholding such an unscrupulous operator and at this point, I don't know if i can be part of this deceitful and despicable charade any longer here on RL.
Bod was nice about it, he just doesn't want drama, he didn't take fabspeed side. now.... i can't say the same about 6speedonline....

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ade-china.html

Chuck (moderator) love Fabspeed and he is definitely impartial...

6speedonline is like a **** house....it's all about $$$$$$$$

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Over the years I have had some of their products and they were made in this country and were decent quality...I don't fault them for outsourcing as many companies have had to...but if they are selling an inferior product it will soon catch up with them...there is nothing wrong with you posting your experience with their product but you need to be factual and very specific when you do...not go into some tirade about China

Last edited by Leo997TT; 07-30-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for the all the FACTS Leo!

Quick Reply: Fabspeed MADE IN CHINA