Sponsored by:

Europipe Exhaust Review by Fabspeed- Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Khooger
Evan, Where is the answer for the exhaust tips I talk to you 2 weeks ago ? You took my phone number and email. You did not even bother to give me a call back. Is this is how Fabspeed operates and treat their customers?
Now....that is very sad.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
First of all I did NOT bash Europipe in my Video. If that is all you can ascertain from the Video then you are not impartial and just Europipe owners or related Speed 21.

Yes my tone was acerbic for Speed 21 Rennlists self styled Roger Moore. Speed 21 has said negative things about my company Fabspeed Motorsport USA, called me a liar and has said negative things every other aftermarket company. Speed 21 is essentially selling and soliciting for Europipe. I would have never responded but several weeks ago there were Europipe customers clearly mentioning resonance droaning issues with EP1 and EP2 and somehow SpeedTV said atleast its NOT as bad as Fabspeed's crap and or maybe Fabspeed QUAD tips elicited the droan.

I perhaps should have adopted a neutral tone. SPEED21 where are you from? what do you do? You are logged on to these forums like my 15 and 17 year old are logged on and handcuffed onto social media.

Speed21 posted a Video of Simon Motorsport with a Fabspeed Motorsport 991 Twin Turbo system installed on a customers cars and the car is Shooting flames and backfiring. SpeedTV says what a terrible joke...........PEOPLE that car has a Modular Fabspeed 991TT system and the customer specifically ordered CATBYPASS pipes along with our 70MM 2.75" X pipe and tips. OF COURSE it POPs and crackles as it should with virtually no backpressure!

AS far as Joe Fabiani and Fabspeed beeing angry and hurting for business that could not be farther from reality. I CORDIALLY INVITE any and all of you to my facility in Fort Washington PA. I am busy with 35 employees, 7 acres 26,000sqft and Fabspeed Motorsport is manufacturing performance exhaust systems for Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, and Bentley cars. My employees have posted detailed Videos and pictures of my facility, equipment and development builds.

Europipe explanation Video:
I made a concise detailed Video explaining a Europipe 997 TT system and I provided X rays of a slightly used Europipe exhaust system along with detailed explanations of the many components and parts that are part of a typical Porsche Twin Turbo exhaust system. I also highlighted the Fabspeed Motorsport USA modular Porsche Twin Turbo exhaust systems.

Facts from the pictures and Videos. I have been away in New England for the last 7+ days exploring colleges with my 17 year old daughter so I have not had a chance to respond:

The Europipe is a single piece monolithic sturdy heavy system that required a significant tooling investment and displayed thoughtful design and construction. It was interesting to thoroughly examine inside and outside of the Europipe and my Videos and pictures show everything for Porsche Twin Turbo enthusiasts. I was not able to cut the Europipe apart. I Xrayed several mufflers that week but did not X ray the Europipe catalytic converters. X rays are $400 each and I had 6 taken that week for various cars like the Macan Twin Turbo.

I honestly do not know what brand of catalytic converters Europipe uses on its exhaust system as there are NO markings visible on its Twin Turbo system since Europipe welded an additional catalytic converter cover. There is really no reason to weld an additional cover around a brazed catalytic converter. I have only seen this extra redundant cover on Europipe systems and I have installed over 10 systems

I called HJS Germany and Europipe is NOT a customer of HJS Germany. HJS Germany has an exclusive on EMITEC aftermarket catalytic converters and HJS develops proprietary OBD2 precious metal coatings for Emitec catalytic converters and sells exclusively worldwide. Email Europipe get the information.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA is HJS Germany's #2 worldwide volume buyer of their super high performance catalytic converters. HJS is assisting Fabspeed with ECE compliance and TUV approval.

Miltek Sport UK is the #1 volume buyer of HJS Catalytic converters. These are facts. Miltek and Fabspeed are actually buying and delivering the worlds very best high-performance catalytic converters for Exotic cars.

AS I showed on another Video TUBI Italy is NOT using HJS catalytic converters but a 200 cell cross pinned catalytic converter from Italy labelled BRAIN.

HJS Germany also informed me that JOHNNY at Automotive Speed Technologies Spedtechexhausts is NOT a customer. Klaus said he never heard of him! a single photo of a HJS catalytic converter on a website and or a bulletpoint stating HJS catalytic converters does NOT mean you will receive HJS cats.

Often companies with cheap Asian, Italian, Korean and domestic catalytic converters will REQUIRE a mandatory SOFTWARE FLASH TUNE to eliminate check engine lights or MIL CEL lights. These websites often in BOLD WRITING explain in vague terms that CEL lights can happen and that a Software flash is advised. Its a band-aid for losuy cheap catalytic converter.

FYI- each and every time you get an exhaust system with HJS german catalytic converters the actual catalytic converter Matrix has a stainless steel brazed shell or case that is deeply engraved with the HJS logo and E for Emitec. Make sure you see these logos and symbols as HJS catalytic converters should be mandatory for a performance exhaust system

As I mentioned I did not X ray the Europipe catalytic converter but asked HJS Germany what brand of catalytic converter Europipe likely used and they said it was likely a ECOCAT OY.

In Finland and Denmark there has been many consolidations and mergers in the exhaust and catalytic converter industries. I used to work in Venture Capital and IB and KEMIRA was acquired by ECOCAT and recently ECOCAT OY was acquired by DINEX and Danish holding and manufacturing company.

http://www.dinex.dk/en/~/media/BB773...37E589C4C.ashx

If any of you want to know the brand of catalytic converters that Europipe is utilizing in their exhaust systems then CALL Europipe and let us all know. The catalytic converter is the key component of any emissions compliant exhaust system. There is NO proprietary information as HJS Emitec is the very best.

Kemira and ECOCAT 100 cell catalytic converters typically have multiple 90 degree stiffening rods or structural cross pins welded to strengthen the 100 cell catalytic core matrix and stop it from collapsing. A flow reduction due to obstruction and turbulence of 25% is attributed from 90 degree cross pins. Kemira and ECOCAT OY are owned by DINEX.dk

Speed21 says 100 cell catalytic converters are used by Porsche Supercup cars and other German racing cars. You are 100% correct. Catalytic converters are MANDATORY for German homologated race cars and racing series in Germany. This data is on HJS germanys website and the 100 racing catalytic converters are mandatory for signifying GREEN Racing and are not OBD2 compliant.

Fabspeed Motorsport was the very 1st company to engineer and Dyno develop a modular high performance sports exhaust for the Porsche 993TT, 996TT, 997TT, 997.2TT, 991TT cars. I created everything and used F1 style V bands so customers could have multiple levels of sports car sound from Quiet Mild sound (tiptronic 996TT cabriolet) to NO catalytic converters and mufflers bypass pipes for World Challenge cars and Jeff Zwarts Pikes Peaks Porsche Twin Turbos.

I have also supplied exhaust components and systems to Eddie Bello 9 second 964TT race cars years ago to ANDIAL for customers and race cars and to Todd Zuccone on TEXAS MILE World Record speed attempts. If everything we made was no good, trash and smoke & mirrors we would NOT be so backlogged and have magazines from the USA and Europe showing up here to interview my staff and tour our facility.

Inclosing, Europipe made a nice system. I often make detailed explanation Videos and expose strengths and weaknesses like 60 Minutes on OEM factory and aftermarket exhaust systems. MY inbox is filled with car enthusiasts that like my Videos and detailed NO BS analysis. I will continue to post and make Videos as I have been doing for close to 20 years.

Once again any and all of you are Cordially invited to cruise by and tour our facility. We often have 991TT, 997TT, 458 Italias, McLarens, Adventadors, and other cars getting our systems installed. Take me up on it at anytime!
Dear Joe:

Thanks for this post, it's insured that this thread will live on in infamy for pages and pages to come.

I feel guilty for chiming in in the beginning, and (unlike the children bashing one another in this thread who keep promising that they're through posting in this thread, but keep on posting in this thread) I won't have any more to say after this.

Here's what I understand from your video and your post (among other things): 1. EP uses pins that span the diameter of the cats that actually prevent the 100 cell cats from collapsing, and these pins restrict gas flow and hence overall performance. 2. Your business is awesome, kids are visiting colleges, got lots of employees and own lots of land. 3. You could not afford one more x-ray to substantiate your most egregious allegation as to the fitness of the EP systems.

So given the above points, which despite your best efforts are impossible to refute, I make this proposal...

I have been pretty lucky in life, and I can actually afford the cost of one or more x-ray(s). So all you have to do is post incontrovertible x-ray evidence substantiating your claim as to the presence of these pins inside the EP cats, and I will reimburse you in full for the cost of said x-ray(s).

I own an EP system on my TTS, and I am genuinely curious about your claims. I won't pull my EP off the car, because I'm really enjoying it. I don't have any drone whatsoever, never had a CEL, and love the way it whistles at me when I pet it with my foot.

I'm a stand-up guy. Post the evidence and I will send cash.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

^good post....here we go!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:20 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 343 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
HJS Germany also informed me that JOHNNY at Automotive Speed Technologies Speedtechexhausts is NOT a customer. Klaus said he never heard of him! a single photo of a HJS catalytic converter on a website and or a bulletpoint stating HJS catalytic converters does NOT mean you will receive HJS cats.
I hate to take part in this, but I feel compelled to at least correct more mis-information from Joe. He should really just keep his mouth shut, if he does not know what he is talking about. We source from HJS "USA", not Germany. In short, anyone that purchases a SpeedTech 997.1TT or 997.2TT exhaust from SpeedTech will in fact receive HJS cats. Period. Joe does not control our manufacturing and as such should not comment or state what we will supply. This is simply bad form on his part, again.
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
Old 07-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
I have been pretty lucky in life, and I can actually afford the cost of one or more x-ray(s). So all you have to do is post incontrovertible x-ray evidence substantiating your claim as to the presence of these pins inside the EP cats, and I will reimburse you in full for the cost of said x-ray(s).

I own an EP system on my TTS, and I am genuinely curious about your claims. I won't pull my EP off the car, because I'm really enjoying it. I don't have any drone whatsoever, never had a CEL, and love the way it whistles at me when I pet it with my foot.
Perfect!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:59 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That this thread i still going on does not surprise me. Those of you that have been here for awhile should know better than to even reply to a Speed 21 EP post.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911

Here's what I understand from your video and your post (among other things): 1. EP uses pins that span the diameter of the cats that actually prevent the 100 cell cats from collapsing, and these pins restrict gas flow and hence overall performance........[snip]

So given the above points, which despite your best efforts are impossible to refute, I make this proposal...

This is actually the claim that interests me the most. I have a stock exhaust and I know I'll add an aftermarket unit in the future but a have not decided who to purchase from yet. The EP has been at the top of my list but info like this could change that.

I honestly don't fault Joe for making a product comparison video (although I think it was poorly done). The one thing that ruins credibility though is making claims you think are correct rather than what you know. It's fine (my opinion) to knock a competitors product. However, if you do so you better be damn sure what you are claiming is accurate. If not it not only ruins your argument it destroys credibility.

I hope Joe makes the decision to post the x-Ray of the cats even if it shows no pins. To me that would at least show a guy willing to stand up and admit he was wrong. If there are indeed pins in the cats, that also would serve to restore some credibility.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Folks,

Reasoning and research needs to be applied right now. XRAY testing does not need to be needed. The question that needs to be asked is.. What marketing print or media do we accept as truth and facts. If anyone goes to EP website and studies the pictures and details, the information is in sight. Stef builds his exhaust using Emitec cat cartridges.

http://www.emitec.com/fileadmin/user...e_englisch.pdf

The 150mm 100 cell Emitec PE cartridge is listed on page 3. One can read about the foil and foil thickness, the benefits and features. If you go back to Stef's website you will see the TRI wound Emitec 100 cell cat. This cat cartridge is NOT pinned. Emitec does not pin the PE series. HJS cell matrix is also manufactured by Emitec. HJS has marketing and trade licensing agreements in place with Emitec. This means that Emitec manufactures specialized cartridges for HJS for specific size and application. All one would have to do is spec out a larger or smaller cartridge with difference foil thickness or CELL's per inch.

I guess one would have to believe in the information that Stef has provided to his customers on his website. I would..
Old 07-21-2014, 11:35 AM
dubaudi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK....I didn't read through the entire thread, but I do know that most of what Joe says is lies. Here are some pictures of brand new Tubi exhauts cats, in the package....CLEARLY showing the HJS branding right on them. These were sent this morning. The top one is a 991 Turbo, and the bottom two are a 997.2 Turbo.

From what I'm told, Tubi made the switch to HJS cats from another brand a few years ago. Seems like the Tubi system he showed in the video was a pretty old system. So he didn't even do any research before making his claims.

I guess if you can't sell your imported products based on their own merit...just bash your competition. Just poor form all around.
Attached Images    

Last edited by dubaudi; 07-22-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Unbelievable! I have an FVD tune and love the Customer service. The only folks I have experience with.

Last edited by atcbi5; 07-21-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAAOOOOOO they took down the video. I think that puts a bow on this fabspacular train wreck of a thread LOL!!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

It was with a sigh of relief that I quitted the chamber, convinced that nothing more than a guilty conscience had prompted my belief that either of my enemies suspected my true identity.

Warlord of Mars by Burroughs, Edgar Rice
Old 07-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Mikeisen
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still laughing about this thread.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 7 Posts
Default EUROPIPE

Stopped reading this thread awhile ago but had to add my x-ray of a car of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
X RAY.pdf (252.7 KB, 476 views)
Old 07-28-2014, 09:49 PM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol at ^^^^^ and Leo comments!

Quick Reply: Europipe Exhaust Review by Fabspeed- Interesting