Sponsored by:

Europipe Exhaust Review by Fabspeed- Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:02 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisAW
speed21, I don't know you personally, all I have to go on is how you present yourself on forums. You have to understand how your long-winded, argumentative posts that fill up half of many threads you participate in can rub people the wrong way and in most cases seem to detract from the discussion. Just my opinion. I only voiced it because I am tired of clicking on a post to see pages and pages of your multiple paragraph rantings.
Cliff notes Paul, cliff notes!

(Are cliff notes an American phenomenon or global?)
Old 07-18-2014, 03:45 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisAW
speed21, I don't know you personally, all I have to go on is how you present yourself on forums. You have to understand how your long-winded, argumentative posts that fill up half of many threads you participate in can rub people the wrong way and in most cases seem to detract from the discussion. Just my opinion. I only voiced it because I am tired of clicking on a post to see pages and pages of your multiple paragraph rantings.
Pretty much told him the same thing in another thread. He has no life....all he did was post long winded, draining, boring responses...not sure what he is trying to prove? But I think we are falling into his trap...he loves this crap...feeds off of it.

Speed21 to respond long, boring, useless response to this...in...3......2.....1....
Old 07-18-2014, 07:50 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Wow can't beleive all the fighting guys? We are Porsche people, supposed to be the nicest of the sports car guys. Fighting Joe is laughing at us now.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:04 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Originally Posted by speed21
And to 911ttv...or whatever you call yourself. Do you ever have anything to offer other than stalking/trolling? Let me guess you are the proud owner of a droning FS, CG or Tubi or some crap like that lol. Good luck with it pal, you deserve it!
Most would say you have far less to offer on here. No one here likes you and everyone is tired of seeing you spew nothing but garbage.

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Wow can't beleive all the fighting guys? We are Porsche people, supposed to be the nicest of the sports car guys. Fighting Joe is laughing at us now.
Only when speed_douche is involved do people argue.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
Most would say you have far less to offer on here. No one here likes you and everyone is tired of seeing you spew nothing but garbage.

Only when speed_douche is involved do people argue.
Go away troll and take your hate with you.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:09 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Agree the recent infighting is counter productive and dissapointing but lets face it there will always be a select few that essentially have no real interest in the topic at hand and simply post just to push their own personal agendas (as evidenced above with 9911vt as a text book example). The poor guy is still smarting over that last time I bitch slapped him for trolling. Typical.

In so far as Joe laughing. You are right he will be laughing as he knows full well that regardless of what has gone on here there is still an abundant supply of suckers out there that love BS and will lap it like like dogs eating from a dog bowl. That will never change and that's exactly what keeps dishonest operators in business.
Funny because as I read through this thread, you are the one being bitch slapped...idiot.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:13 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
Funny because as I read through this thread, you are the one being bitch slapped...idiot.
By who? You? LOL you really do need to try and prize you hand off it. Now say Bye bye now like a nice little troll.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

First of all I did NOT bash Europipe in my Video. If that is all you can ascertain from the Video then you are not impartial and just Europipe owners or related Speed 21.

Yes my tone was acerbic for Speed 21 Rennlists self styled Roger Moore. Speed 21 has said negative things about my company Fabspeed Motorsport USA, called me a liar and has said negative things every other aftermarket company. Speed 21 is essentially selling and soliciting for Europipe. I would have never responded but several weeks ago there were Europipe customers clearly mentioning resonance droaning issues with EP1 and EP2 and somehow SpeedTV said atleast its NOT as bad as Fabspeed's crap and or maybe Fabspeed QUAD tips elicited the droan.

I perhaps should have adopted a neutral tone. SPEED21 where are you from? what do you do? You are logged on to these forums like my 15 and 17 year old are logged on and handcuffed onto social media.

Speed21 posted a Video of Simon Motorsport with a Fabspeed Motorsport 991 Twin Turbo system installed on a customers cars and the car is Shooting flames and backfiring. SpeedTV says what a terrible joke...........PEOPLE that car has a Modular Fabspeed 991TT system and the customer specifically ordered CATBYPASS pipes along with our 70MM 2.75" X pipe and tips. OF COURSE it POPs and crackles as it should with virtually no backpressure!

AS far as Joe Fabiani and Fabspeed beeing angry and hurting for business that could not be farther from reality. I CORDIALLY INVITE any and all of you to my facility in Fort Washington PA. I am busy with 35 employees, 7 acres 26,000sqft and Fabspeed Motorsport is manufacturing performance exhaust systems for Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, and Bentley cars. My employees have posted detailed Videos and pictures of my facility, equipment and development builds.

Europipe explanation Video:
I made a concise detailed Video explaining a Europipe 997 TT system and I provided X rays of a slightly used Europipe exhaust system along with detailed explanations of the many components and parts that are part of a typical Porsche Twin Turbo exhaust system. I also highlighted the Fabspeed Motorsport USA modular Porsche Twin Turbo exhaust systems.

Facts from the pictures and Videos. I have been away in New England for the last 7+ days exploring colleges with my 17 year old daughter so I have not had a chance to respond:

The Europipe is a single piece monolithic sturdy heavy system that required a significant tooling investment and displayed thoughtful design and construction. It was interesting to thoroughly examine inside and outside of the Europipe and my Videos and pictures show everything for Porsche Twin Turbo enthusiasts. I was not able to cut the Europipe apart. I Xrayed several mufflers that week but did not X ray the Europipe catalytic converters. X rays are $400 each and I had 6 taken that week for various cars like the Macan Twin Turbo.

I honestly do not know what brand of catalytic converters Europipe uses on its exhaust system as there are NO markings visible on its Twin Turbo system since Europipe welded an additional catalytic converter cover. There is really no reason to weld an additional cover around a brazed catalytic converter. I have only seen this extra redundant cover on Europipe systems and I have installed over 10 systems

I called HJS Germany and Europipe is NOT a customer of HJS Germany. HJS Germany has an exclusive on EMITEC aftermarket catalytic converters and HJS develops proprietary OBD2 precious metal coatings for Emitec catalytic converters and sells exclusively worldwide. Email Europipe get the information.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA is HJS Germany's #2 worldwide volume buyer of their super high performance catalytic converters. HJS is assisting Fabspeed with ECE compliance and TUV approval.

Miltek Sport UK is the #1 volume buyer of HJS Catalytic converters. These are facts. Miltek and Fabspeed are actually buying and delivering the worlds very best high-performance catalytic converters for Exotic cars.

AS I showed on another Video TUBI Italy is NOT using HJS catalytic converters but a 200 cell cross pinned catalytic converter from Italy labelled BRAIN.

HJS Germany also informed me that JOHNNY at Automotive Speed Technologies Spedtechexhausts is NOT a customer. Klaus said he never heard of him! a single photo of a HJS catalytic converter on a website and or a bulletpoint stating HJS catalytic converters does NOT mean you will receive HJS cats.

Often companies with cheap Asian, Italian, Korean and domestic catalytic converters will REQUIRE a mandatory SOFTWARE FLASH TUNE to eliminate check engine lights or MIL CEL lights. These websites often in BOLD WRITING explain in vague terms that CEL lights can happen and that a Software flash is advised. Its a band-aid for losuy cheap catalytic converter.

FYI- each and every time you get an exhaust system with HJS german catalytic converters the actual catalytic converter Matrix has a stainless steel brazed shell or case that is deeply engraved with the HJS logo and E for Emitec. Make sure you see these logos and symbols as HJS catalytic converters should be mandatory for a performance exhaust system

As I mentioned I did not X ray the Europipe catalytic converter but asked HJS Germany what brand of catalytic converter Europipe likely used and they said it was likely a ECOCAT OY.

In Finland and Denmark there has been many consolidations and mergers in the exhaust and catalytic converter industries. I used to work in Venture Capital and IB and KEMIRA was acquired by ECOCAT and recently ECOCAT OY was acquired by DINEX and Danish holding and manufacturing company.

http://www.dinex.dk/en/~/media/BB773...37E589C4C.ashx

If any of you want to know the brand of catalytic converters that Europipe is utilizing in their exhaust systems then CALL Europipe and let us all know. The catalytic converter is the key component of any emissions compliant exhaust system. There is NO proprietary information as HJS Emitec is the very best.

Kemira and ECOCAT 100 cell catalytic converters typically have multiple 90 degree stiffening rods or structural cross pins welded to strengthen the 100 cell catalytic core matrix and stop it from collapsing. A flow reduction due to obstruction and turbulence of 25% is attributed from 90 degree cross pins. Kemira and ECOCAT OY are owned by DINEX.dk

Speed21 says 100 cell catalytic converters are used by Porsche Supercup cars and other German racing cars. You are 100% correct. Catalytic converters are MANDATORY for German homologated race cars and racing series in Germany. This data is on HJS germanys website and the 100 racing catalytic converters are mandatory for signifying GREEN Racing and are not OBD2 compliant.

Fabspeed Motorsport was the very 1st company to engineer and Dyno develop a modular high performance sports exhaust for the Porsche 993TT, 996TT, 997TT, 997.2TT, 991TT cars. I created everything and used F1 style V bands so customers could have multiple levels of sports car sound from Quiet Mild sound (tiptronic 996TT cabriolet) to NO catalytic converters and mufflers bypass pipes for World Challenge cars and Jeff Zwarts Pikes Peaks Porsche Twin Turbos.

I have also supplied exhaust components and systems to Eddie Bello 9 second 964TT race cars years ago to ANDIAL for customers and race cars and to Todd Zuccone on TEXAS MILE World Record speed attempts. If everything we made was no good, trash and smoke & mirrors we would NOT be so backlogged and have magazines from the USA and Europe showing up here to interview my staff and tour our facility.

Inclosing, Europipe made a nice system. I often make detailed explanation Videos and expose strengths and weaknesses like 60 Minutes on OEM factory and aftermarket exhaust systems. MY inbox is filled with car enthusiasts that like my Videos and detailed NO BS analysis. I will continue to post and make Videos as I have been doing for close to 20 years.

Once again any and all of you are Cordially invited to cruise by and tour our facility. We often have 991TT, 997TT, 458 Italias, McLarens, Adventadors, and other cars getting our systems installed. Take me up on it at anytime!
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe, I tried reading your entire post, but got bored/lost/distracted mid way through. Can you make a video instead?

All joking aside, just friendly advice, you're not doing yourself any favors here with these long meandering posts. Not sure why you are concerned about your competitor's products, I would be more willing to buy your products if you produced quality videos discussing the engineering benefits of your exhausts, headers, mufflers etc instead of videos attempting to disparage the competition.

As I stated in an earlier post, I have your $600 (or was it $650? can't remember) black chrome dual tips on my car. The clear coat on those tips turned into an array of rainbow colors after just a couple of heat cycles, and that's a shame. From a customer perspective, my experience was poor and your customer service didn't offer any solution other than replacing the tips with the same flawed ones - they said "yeah we've seen this issue, don't think a replacement set would have better results". Have you solved this clear coat issue in past year? do you want to send me a new set that I can test for the forum? we can even x-ray mine and see if we can uncover the underlying flaws.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:43 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

By who? You? LOL you really do need to try and prize you hand off it. Now say Bye bye now like a nice little troll.
Atleast your keeping your responses short this time...still boring though...calling me a "troll" and waving me off....original e-thug material pal.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:48 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 07-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Khooger
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan@Fabspeed
I’d like to take a moment to address some of the various comments here. First and foremost, as an employee of Fabspeed, I take great pride in the products that we develop and manufacture. Fabspeed Motorsport is – and always has been – a company run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. Everyone is of course welcome to their opinions, but if you ask any of the 30+ employees that work here, they will all echo that sentiment.

This video was made by Joe (the founder and owner of Fabspeed) to illustrate some of the design differences between the Europipe system and our own system for the 997 Turbo. We as a company have no hard feelings against Europipe, or any other manufacturer. However, all manufacturers make their products differently, and Joe felt it would be beneficial to share with the community some of the possible shortcomings of the Europipe system. Joe is a very passionate and knowledgeable enthusiast, which certainly comes across in the video. That being said, our intention is not to bash any of our competitors. The intention was purely to educate the enthusiast community based on what we found after performing x-ray testing on this particular Europipe 997 GT2 1 piece system.

Unfortunately, this video was posted before we were able to post it up ourselves with a qualifying write-up explaining the intentions behind it and a breakdown of the points that Joe was trying to make with the x-rays and his logical explanations. As such, it was understandably taken out of context, and interpreted purely as a bash-fest. Unfortunately, Speed21 has made a lot of posts speaking negatively about Fabspeed and trashing our products in comparison to Europipe and others. Joe had an opportunity to look a bit closer at the Europipe system, and wanted to lay everything out on the table and bring some of the possible disadvantages to light by displaying how the Europipe was constructed via pictures and video.

At the end of the day, Fabspeed is a company comprised of passionate enthusiasts just like the rest of you. We go to great lengths to design and manufacture performance parts that we are proud of. We’re not some fly-by-night operation that’s just tacking together some steel and slapping a price tag on it. We are here to support the community and bring products to market that we would be proud to install on our own vehicles. Ultimately, it is the consumer’s decision as to which system they purchase or endorse, but we will always continue to do our best to educate the community regarding how we design our own products and how they compare to the other options on the market.

Evan
Evan, Where is the answer for the exhaust tips I talk to you 2 weeks ago ? You took my phone number and email. You did not even bother to give me a call back. Is this is how Fabspeed operates and treat their customers?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:58 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Sad

Last edited by atcbi5; 07-19-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Mikeisen
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this thread has gone from great to absolutely awesome.
Evan, thanks for trying to stick up for the company you work for, but it really looks like your problem is the owner. Who in their right mind would try to fool a group of Porsche enthusiasts with this BS video. And honestly Joe, your response here is worse than your video itself. At least I would have respected you if you admitted that you were trying to bash Europipe. What a joke.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:00 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Khooger
Evan, Where is the answer for the exhaust tips I talk to you 2 weeks ago ? You took my phone number and email. You did not even bother to give me a call back. Is this is how Fabspeed operates and treat their customers?
There you go Joe.... Good job!! you have time to make stupid videos but you can't even call your clients back?

Quick Reply: Europipe Exhaust Review by Fabspeed- Interesting