Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 TTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:36 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

the new 991TTS is super pricey, but it is a car that can do alot.

It is super fast without looking like a batmobile.
All wheel drive allows decent all weather ability.

It may look like a trumped up Carrera, but man with the awd and turbos it is a whole different animal!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Today I drove on lake of Como my 997: still loving it....
991 has to wait some time more
Old 10-29-2013, 05:15 PM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Principissimo
Today I drove on lake of Como my 997: still loving it.... 991 has to wait some time more
You mean around like Como? :-). It's beautiful up there. I loved it.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shawsan
I agree with Domer; buying a well cared for, well optioned Porsche turbo makes a lot of sense; buying a brand new 991 will result in a truckload of lost cents. I mean, really, as good as the 991 TTS will be in an evolutionary, not a revolutionary sense, its just not that much different from a 997 TTS and the price tag and future depreciation are a smack in the head. Besides, I just can't see the 911 living on forever; it's a weak platform held aglo by a bunch of formidable technological gizmos. The Porsche of the future for a track oriented person like myself is not the 991 TTS, not even the 991 GT3, but the mid-engine Cayman Club Sport which is supposed to have around 380 HP when it arrives (if ever).

PhillipJ asked about my impressions of my 458 Italia. Well, it's mid-engine, loves to turn w/o suprises, has ferocious acceleration and is very much confidence building. Sure, it's a stallion that stays too much in the barn, but when it comes out, we're all on pins and needles. Not so the 997TTS, but it's a great car too. I can actually sit in front of a starbucks in my TTS and enjoy sipping my coffee w/o 40 eyeballs watching every move. Not so in the 458. When yr. in that car, it's like wearing a tuxedo; you're primed to be in the spotlight and no one lets you forget it. Believe me, that gets tiresome.
Interesting that you say that. I had a friend that bought a 430 Scud.. He got so tired of the haters that he sold it.. It got to the point where his wife would not ride in the car anymore because of all the "bad" attention. I find that very sad....

You are right though about the TT.. You're pretty invisible. Which can be a blessing..

I sure would love to see pics of both your cars!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Principissimo
Today I drove on lake of Como my 997: still loving it....
991 has to wait some time more
I was there (Lake Como) this past June. We stayed slightly North in Lugano Switzerland. What a beautiful area. It had to be a breathtaking drive with that majestic landscape painting the background. With that view you could truly get lost in time.

Jay
Old 10-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Principissimo
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

It is a wonderful place where to drive!
If somebody of you will come to italy with his porsche I suggest to make a tour of dolomites: breathtaking views and nice streets where to drive!

Quick Reply: New 991 TTS