Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Turbo’s on BaT / Pcarmarket / Cars & Bids Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:34 AM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

The seller of the Atlas Gray car can't help himself. Even if you don't get the car detailed prior to sale, at least give it a good wash. Dust, water spots, dirty wheels, etc. I know BaT brings out the DME questions, but the seller could at least educate themselves about what it is, rather than replying "Not sure what a DME report is, so i know I don’t have one." Poor car was in an accident less than 3 mos from new.
The following users liked this post:
NSXavier (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 11:52 AM
NSXavier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
LOL. I have the same missing nut.. Lost years ago when I did my plugs.. I have been trying to find the correct part in the PET but can't seem to find it.. Got a part number handy?
Haha. I don't but I do have the thread pitch. M6x1.0. Head to any Fastenal or the Metric pick-n-nut section at your local home depot and you should be able to find the right size nickle plated fastener needed.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:15 PM
solts
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Metaphysician
The seller of the Atlas Gray car can't help himself. Even if you don't get the car detailed prior to sale, at least give it a good wash. Dust, water spots, dirty wheels, etc. I know BaT brings out the DME questions, but the seller could at least educate themselves about what it is, rather than replying "Not sure what a DME report is, so i know I don’t have one." Poor car was in an accident less than 3 mos from new.
Right? I wouldn't even show up to cars n coffee with my car in that condition, much less display it at auction in an attempt to maximize it's value. People buying a car without queen miles want to make sure it's been owned by someone who has been taking care of it properly. If that's what the seller considers "clean" it's probably a good indication they've treated this car just like they would any normal car.
The following 2 users liked this post by solts:
NSXavier (02-10-2021), PowderJunkie (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

I’ve got a few standard 997 Turbo opening questions:
muh coolant pipes dme carfax

Always have to chuckle at the Investigative Reporting from serial tire kickers who have a history of throwing zero-risk lowball bids at auctions to feel like they're contributing.

Depending on the reserve, given an okay PPI that one could be a decent deal if the BaT ninnies shy away due to the poor presentation. Looks like it could clean up decently.
The following 2 users liked this post by Skwerl:
DivingorDriving (02-10-2021), NSXavier (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 01:18 PM
phsingl
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Always have to chuckle at the Investigative Reporting from serial tire kickers who have a history of throwing zero-risk lowball bids at auctions to feel like they're contributing.

Depending on the reserve, given an okay PPI that one could be a decent deal if the BaT ninnies shy away due to the poor presentation. Looks like it could clean up decently.
Agree that there might be a deal lurking if the reserve is reasonable.
Some of the keyboard-warrriors on BaT wield more un-deserved power than they realize I think - I suspect they think they are doing worthwhile due diligence "for the benefit of buyers" when in some cases they are spreading unnecessary doubt (c.f. DME report with minor over-revs)
The following 2 users liked this post by phsingl:
DivingorDriving (02-10-2021), NSXavier (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 08:13 PM
gvibes
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Metaphysician
Owner posted it. 3 range 4 ignitions 700 hours ago. The car is clearly trash.

Last edited by gvibes; 02-10-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:53 PM
phsingl
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gvibes
Owner posted it. 3 range 4 ignitions 700 hours ago. The car is clearly trash.
Nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure.....
Old 02-11-2021, 03:00 PM
gvibes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NSXavier

BaT
08 Coupe/Manual

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-turbo-22/

Looks to be driven and enjoyed- a good thing. Seller claims coolant pipes were done- a good thing. Two bids to start out and first comment asking for DME report.

Photo 80 shows a missing 10mm nut.
This one was discussed on here while listed at carmax a couple years back - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...-advice-2.html
Old 02-12-2021, 03:46 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Man, you guys are an impressive lot with the background, history and fact-finding on the Atlas Gray car. It is odd that the car wasn't better researched, documented, and - for crying out loud - cleaned and detailed prior to BAT listing. For the two cars I've put on BAT, I was so paranoid about any griping I kinda 'overdid' it in those areas.

Anyway, mildly different topic: I've got an Atlas Gray '10 997tt that after digging through the options and production numbers, found that only 12 twin turbos were painted Atlas Gray in 2010. I realize .1 production numbers are higher, but that is still likely a highly unusual color, especially coupled to the 6-speed.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:19 PM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Adams
Man, you guys are an impressive lot with the background, history and fact-finding on the Atlas Gray car. It is odd that the car wasn't better researched, documented, and - for crying out loud - cleaned and detailed prior to BAT listing. For the two cars I've put on BAT, I was so paranoid about any griping I kinda 'overdid' it in those areas.

Anyway, mildly different topic: I've got an Atlas Gray '10 997tt that after digging through the options and production numbers, found that only 12 twin turbos were painted Atlas Gray in 2010. I realize .1 production numbers are higher, but that is still likely a highly unusual color, especially coupled to the 6-speed.
is this your car? (old listing)
2010 Porsche 997 Turbo - CPO warranty, Atlas Grey - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource
Old 02-12-2021, 04:55 PM
gvibes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Adams
Yeah, curious to see what this one goes for. The one with the same amount of miles from a few days ago went for 77, but that one seemed totally immaculate and well cared for. This one does not. And people don't seem to really like the natural leather colors. Not sure what that's worth. I'm going to guess 67k.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:12 PM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm going to enjoy watching this one w/106k on the clock....https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-cabriolet-34/.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow, another one! That is the same color and year, but not my car. I thankfully have neither PCCBs or centerlocks, plus mine has sport seats in 'natural' (dark grey).
Old 02-12-2021, 09:16 PM
bschurr
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts
Default 15k mile 2009 997 TT Cab manual in Malachite Green on Pcarmarket

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...iolet-6-speed/

wow - this is gorgeous!

Last edited by bschurr; 02-12-2021 at 09:20 PM.
Needsdecaf (02-17-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 05:40 PM
gvibes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gvibes
Yeah, curious to see what this one goes for. The one with the same amount of miles from a few days ago went for 77, but that one seemed totally immaculate and well cared for. This one does not. And people don't seem to really like the natural leather colors. Not sure what that's worth. I'm going to guess 67k.
Haha, nailed it. 67k on the button.
Kevin8tor (02-17-2021)

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo’s on BaT / Pcarmarket / Cars & Bids Thread