Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought another 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 04:28 AM
texasnoiz
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Great thread! Love all the yellow interior bits. Where can I get yellow gauges from? How do you compare these carbon seats to the original seats? Keep it coming!
Old 01-25-2021, 10:15 AM
NSXavier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,318 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by texasnoiz
Great thread! Love all the yellow interior bits. Where can I get yellow gauges from? How do you compare these carbon seats to the original seats? Keep it coming!
Thanks! I believe suncoast has the gauge overlays for sale...however, I have yet to find any DIY threads on installing them. It looks to be a straight forward install, and the most difficult part would be removing the needles.. if that can even be done without breaking anything. The 18 way adaptive seats that I had were hands down more comfortable than the carbon seats. However, the carbon seats are by no means uncomfortable. Once you're in, you're in and seat positioning is pretty good.

I made another quick video testing out my camera suction mount.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:25 AM
ky13
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by texasnoiz
Suncoast sell aftermarket overlays. I believe you can buy the full cluster (in the color of your choosing) from Porsche and just sell your current cluster.
The following users liked this post:
NSXavier (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 10:57 AM
Ryans Rebel
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXavier
Thanks! I believe suncoast has the gauge overlays for sale...however, I have yet to find any DIY threads on installing them. It looks to be a straight forward install, and the most difficult part would be removing the needles.. if that can even be done without breaking anything. The 18 way adaptive seats that I had were hands down more comfortable than the carbon seats. However, the carbon seats are by no means uncomfortable. Once you're in, you're in and seat positioning is pretty good.

I made another quick video testing out my camera suction mount.

https://youtu.be/9qRLDtnZO9w

Nice. I love to hear that engine spool up every time!

That swinging sneaker would drive me bonkers!!!
Old 01-25-2021, 11:04 AM
texasnoiz
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

finally had a chance to watch some of your videos- now I finally know what the hell pinning the camshaft means and why it’s done!

And there are 7 coolant rubber pipes to deal with?!?!

I’m all about preventive maintenance because I like to mod for big HP and torques.

I’m trying to get over the swinging shoe 👟 - lol!
The following 2 users liked this post by texasnoiz:
9SIX4-C4 (02-03-2021), NSXavier (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:41 AM
NSXavier
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ryans Rebel
Nice. I love to hear that engine spool up every time!

That swinging sneaker would drive me bonkers!!!
Thats my G-Force indicator LOL. But yea... I think it might be time to retire the VANS Sneaker Christmas tree ornament.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:56 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXavier
Thats my G-Force indicator LOL. But yea... I think it might be time to retire the VANS Sneaker Christmas tree ornament.
Haha, reminds me of one time I went to traffic court.

Got a BS ticket - speeding literally on a deserted highway at about 12:30 AM. So I show up in court. The prosecutor comes in and says "anyone who would like to speak to me and your charging officer before the court is in session to work out a plea deal, please step into the hallway and form a line". Naturally, most of us step outside.

There's a dude about 2-3 places in front of me in line who steps up to the Prosecutor and the State Trooper. I'm not paying attention until I hear his voice start to get animated. I can't recall the exact conversation as this was like 15 years ago, but he didn't really like the deal being offered and said he was going to go to trial.

So we all get our business done and go back into the courtroom. Judge starts court. Right away I can tell he's a sarcastic *****. Anyone who didn't take a deal is getting raked over the coals. There were a whole bunch of people who got pulled over in a construction zone, and he sentenced each of them from 4-12 hours of community service with a group which consists of survivors of construction workers killed on the job by motorists. Yikes! He is offering no mercy on anyone who is in front of him today. In any event, eventually the guy who was arguing on line in front of me gets up for his trial.

Judge looks at his case, and says, "I see here that you were offered a plea of a non-moving violation for obstructed vision, but you refused, is that correct?"
"Yes your honor".
"Sir, I'm not sure what you were pulled over for, but I'm sure it wasn't obstructed vision. Are you sure you do not wish to take this plea deal?"
"Yes your honor".
"Sir, are you really sure? You do realize that if you go to trial, you will be bound by the results of the trial. You will be required to act as your own attorney as it does not appear you have brought one with you today. You will be asked to present your own evidence. Are you comfortable with that and wish to move forward without accepting the plea?"
"Yes your honor".
"Ok let's begin".

We start the trial and the guy presents his "evidence". He is attempting to show the judge that in fact, his vision on his car is not obscured because look! Your honor, here is a picture of my windshield. It's clear! Look, no obstructions.

At this point the judge is totally exasperated. He informs the guy that:

1. The picture is inadmissible as it is not clear it was taken at the time of the infraction and
2. The picture shows A LARGE NUMBER OF OBJECTS HANGING FROM THE REAR VIEW MIRROR, WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW AND THEREFORE OBSTRUCTING HIS VISION.

The judge feels bad for this idiot and says "I'm going to stop this trial before you further incriminate yourself and have mercy on you and offer you, once again, the plea deal the prosecutor offered you. Do you want to accept it now?"

LOL.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:20 PM
Bucket70
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What system did you use to update your PCM ... it looks great.
NSXavier (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 03:19 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 260 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Haha, reminds me of one time I went to traffic court.
Great story. I assume you took the plea deal?
Old 01-31-2021, 12:32 PM
NSXavier
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bucket70
What system did you use to update your PCM ... it looks great.
Thanks! Sony XAVAX1000. It blends nicely.
Bucket70 (01-31-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 08:53 PM
NSXavier
Rennlist Member

Hey guys. Been a while since I last updated. Figured I’d show current progress. Not much has changed since the last post.

-Installed custom titanium exhaust (KLINE sold)
-Installed steering wheel
-Performed oil change and 4WA (MOTUL 0W40)
-Purchased DAS roll bar (currently being stripped and refinished)

Enjoy some pics.

Needsdecaf (03-25-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 10:36 PM
C's Turbo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Your video channel is great!!
Old 03-24-2021, 11:02 PM
ky13
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Looks great Xavier!
Old 03-25-2021, 02:28 AM
snolvr
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 73 Posts

Very nice, love the new steering wheel! And some looong anti-drone tubes. Well done!
Old 03-25-2021, 05:48 AM
Turismo997
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow man, I have viewed some of your youtube video's numerous times. Really learning a lot from them!

Quick Reply: I bought another 997 Turbo