Sponsored by:

I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 03:39 PM
jazzwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
No heat soak, as we'd been chillin on hwy a bit before.
8spd. auto on both ZO6's
From around 50-130 (before leaving Mexico of course)
Sport Plus, Manually shifting, AC off.
nice. Good kill either way.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzwu
nice. Good kill either way.

Just got off the phone with the 1st owner (Didn't sound like a "car guy" either).
He confirmed the EP exhaust is the only thing he ever did to it. No tune.

I'm impressed with this car for sure. If a tune and bolt-ons do that much more for it, I'm excited.
Not sure when I'll go for a tune, but if / when, I can't wait.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Short little 3 min vid by GF filmed of us going with the Yellow ZO6. I had her and her daughter in the car so this pace was all I felt comfortable doing (dang quick pace even though vids never do it justice).

Down in Mexico before going to NC of course.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:22 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

your car just looks so much better than the new c7. theres just no comparison (and btw porsche hp is always better than gm hp!! )
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 05-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
your car just looks so much better than the new c7. theres just no comparison (and btw porsche hp is always better than gm hp!! )
Agreed on both accounts!! lol
Old 05-11-2018, 01:14 AM
jazzwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with the 1st owner (Didn't sound like a "car guy" either).
He confirmed the EP exhaust is the only thing he ever did to it. No tune.

I'm impressed with this car for sure. If a tune and bolt-ons do that much more for it, I'm excited.
Not sure when I'll go for a tune, but if / when, I can't wait.
proper custom tune and bolt ons and the 997.2 wakes up into a totally different beast/monster. More than night and day difference. You will love it.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:38 AM
Dr_Strangelove
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 566 Posts

Big Swole, I can not keep up with you, brother.

I just saw your avatar on the 996 forum and hunted your "Purchased" thread down to see if I could get the story straight. Congrats, man! I think you won the game for the moment.

P.S. You're a cop running with Z06's huh!? No further comment, officer!
Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 05-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
Big Swole, I can not keep up with you, brother.

I just saw your avatar on the 996 forum and hunted your "Purchased" thread down to see if I could get the story straight. Congrats, man! I think you won the game for the moment.

P.S. You're a cop running with Z06's huh!? No further comment, officer!
LOL yeah I tend to do this when I get into something. 3 different P cars from Nov. 2017 to April 2018. Found my "Bucket List" Car now though. It's a keeper for sure (Long as I can afford it, anyway).

Now wait!! lol I never said I went over the posted speed limit in the mountains.

And the roll on was in Mexico on a "closed course".

Safety first...Always
Old 05-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

No revving, but this is cold start with my Europipe (prob. 70* out this day)

Old 05-19-2018, 12:00 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Yep, thats not how my car sounds. Can you post a sound clip of the exhaust outside while driving?
Old 05-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Yep, thats not how my car sounds. Can you post a sound clip of the exhaust outside while driving?

Lots of rain here lately. I'll try to get some video of some drive by and take offs soon.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:14 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 441 Posts

Not sure how I missed this thread. I had to check my garage to make sure you didn't steal my car. It's still there... whew. I'd hate to lose that thing. I LOVE MY CAR SO MUCH too. The only thing I don't love about my car is cleaning the insides of the wheels since a woolly is required. I don't like using special brushes since I'm lazy so I just use a microfiber cloth that's wetted and my fingers (mostly). It's so hard to get into the front wheels with something other than a wheel woolly though. Too tight a space. Other than that, this car is so perfect in so many ways and most noticeable when you show the pics of your 996 TT compared to the 997 TT. It makes the 996 TT look... well, honestly - dated and not near as nice.

Hope you get to enjoy your car for 4-6 months till you trade up to a 991 Turbo S .
Big Swole (03-01-2020)
Old 05-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Not sure how I missed this thread. I had to check my garage to make sure you didn't steal my car. It's still there... whew. I'd hate to lose that thing. I LOVE MY CAR SO MUCH too. The only thing I don't love about my car is cleaning the insides of the wheels since a woolly is required. I don't like using special brushes since I'm lazy so I just use a microfiber cloth that's wetted and my fingers (mostly). It's so hard to get into the front wheels with something other than a wheel woolly though. Too tight a space. Other than that, this car is so perfect in so many ways and most noticeable when you show the pics of your 996 TT compared to the 997 TT. It makes the 996 TT look... well, honestly - dated and not near as nice.

Hope you get to enjoy your car for 4-6 months till you trade up to a 991 Turbo S .
Thank you Steve!!

I truly LOVE this car too!! Certainly a bucket list car for me. Truly, I'm not sure I'll trade up to a 991 TTS. Mainly due to the money difference but also due to the 997 styling. I do love the 991's but it's nice knowing I have the last of the "true" 911 styling.

As for the wheels. I've washed it a few times already and yes the wheels are slightly more difficult to clean. I'm more than likely going to have the whole car (including wheels and calipers) Ceramic coated sometime soon. If you've not had it done, I'm surprised. Ceramic coating the wheels and calipers will help with your hate of cleaning the wheels.

I did a dinner date last evening at the Porsche experience center (Restaurant 356) last night. I'll post a few pics of it there shortly!
Old 05-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 441 Posts

Thank you Steve!!

I truly LOVE this car too!! Certainly a bucket list car for me. Truly, I'm not sure I'll trade up to a 991 TTS. Mainly due to the money difference but also due to the 997 styling. I do love the 991's but it's nice knowing I have the last of the "true" 911 styling.

As for the wheels. I've washed it a few times already and yes the wheels are slightly more difficult to clean. I'm more than likely going to have the whole car (including wheels and calipers) Ceramic coated sometime soon. If you've not had it done, I'm surprised. Ceramic coating the wheels and calipers will help with your hate of cleaning the wheels.

I did a dinner date last evening at the Porsche experience center (Restaurant 356) last night. I'll post a few pics of it there shortly!
Great idea... a friend of mine has me set up to drop off my car in the next month to do this. They charge $600 instead of the $1000 another guy wanted to charge me for this. (ceramic coating).

It makes that much of a difference? They do a pretty great paint correction as well I'm sure so it'll be smart to have it done though I hate spending money on stuff like this that seems fairly temporary.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:49 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Parking outside the Porsche headquarters / Porsche Experience last night. Got a few shots and one good one with the plane landing in the back ground. Should have taken more pics inside and of the track but we wanted to get sat down to eat. We were hungry! lol

Quick Reply: I stepped up - 2012 997TTS - GT Silver/Black