Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 12:18 AM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Just in case anybody is interested in this 997.2 GT3. Carfax shows an accident and a good thing there is this forum.

https://www.xsellmotors.com/vehicle-...tx-id-21871816

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...maplewood.html

Looked at the car today. Car appears to be repaired well. Couple of things to note. There are some parts that are not on build sheet. Sport seats with painted backs, PCM, multifunction steering wheel and some other items. Also has several carbon fiber parts including illuminated door sills. My guess is probably added during repair. Has aftermarket stereo with sub.

Clutch pedal is very stiff.

Car is in excellent condition. It is on consignment and in my opinion is overpriced. For a 65K previous repair I'd expect a lower price than what it is currently offered for.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:43 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
How many Mexico blue 997's are out there? Not many I would think
I believe there would be very very few. I was a PTS option, not like the current Miami Blue on the 991.2's.

Originally Posted by Saru385
RLer Larry Cable had a Mexico Blue 997.2 GT3 and I think he sold it not too long ago due to getting a 991.2 GT3.
There must be some others out there.
Yes - I seem to recall that car. Beautiful.

I believe the right car will show up in due time.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:01 AM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars

Jared-

Clear title. Say hi to Trey for me.

-Doug

Doug- thanks for the info!

As for Trey, I'll definitely let him know the next time he swings by to drop off coffee. He's actually doing that full time now with his wife, specialized coffee roasting. Needless to say most everyone is addicted to it back at COBB so he swings by every so often to drop off our orders. If you're a coffee drinker and haven't checked them out- it's worth it (even from a very occasional coffee drinker like myself):

https://greatergoodsroasting.com/

~Jared

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 01-02-2018, 11:54 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 469 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Hey guys - just starting what may be a bit of a long search for an unmolested and well prepped GT3 in Mexico Blue. PCCBs would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any leads on this.

CheeRS for 2018!
There were only 5 Mexico Blue 997 GT3s produced for North America. 3 in 2010, 2 in 2011. All three of the 2010s have PCCBs, neither of the 2011s do. Three are in CA, two in AZ. One of the 2011s has been wrecked.
There are also four Riviera Blue GT3s if you want to open up your search to that color.

Contact me if you'd like to retain my services to scare up a car.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:59 PM
chub2000
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2007 GT3 for sale

Lack of use has caused me to put my 2007 GT3 with 12k miles on the market. I have owned it for four years and I have done eleven track days with it, in the intermediate run groups (can be verified from my Motorsport Reg account). It is a highly optioned car.
Factory options:
PCCB
Full leather
Yellow belts
Black wheels
Sport chrono
Sound plus
Tech Equipmant roll bar

Aftermarket items:
Clear bra on front half of car
Sharkwerks center exhaust
TPC sways and links
TPC DSC

It appears that I'm the third owner and I dont believe it was tracked prior to my ownership. The second owner was PGA golfer Jimmy Walker. The front bumper cover was replaced prior to my ownership due to a valet parking too close to a curb (I have documentation). The car is in flawless condition and always maintained to the highest standard.

Price $100k

please feel free to call or email with any questions
Cell: 410 533 8902
Email: brianscores@gmail.com

Thank you for looking,
Brian
Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Hey guys,.. This looks to be the right place to ask about a GT3 I could possibly go see. Would be great to hear if any east coasters know the car. I searched this thread for the VIN with no hits.
I know I am interested in a 997, and "think" I want a 7.2, but do not know enough of the differences between 7.1 & 7.2 to convince myself. Care to give me a short list of why I might go 7.1 -vs- 7.2? I love a visceral drive, and my 964 Turbo is a handful at speeds in the corners,.. so that's my goal in a watercooled NA.
I ask this, knowing Chubb is probably right up the street from me with his 2007 FS ^^^

Anyway, here's the car.... Anyone know this seller, or have any history on the car? (grabbed some of the info off their website...)Automobili Limited. Philmont Ave, Huntingdon Valley, PA https://www.eurocarscertified.com/2011-porsche-911-gt3-c-2390.htmAsking $114k. 20,247 miles. msrp $129.9k. VIN # WP0AC2A93BS783570. Meteor Grey Metallic, w/ black int.

I'm fine with a stripper, and w/ my wide ice-hockey butt & hips LWBS are not in the cards. prefer steelies as well, so this car hits the basics for me. Any color except black.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
=Steve
Old 01-04-2018, 12:57 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Hey guys,.. This looks to be the right place to ask about a GT3 I could possibly go see. Would be great to hear if any east coasters know the car. I searched this thread for the VIN with no hits.
I know I am interested in a 997, and "think" I want a 7.2, but do not know enough of the differences between 7.1 & 7.2 to convince myself. Care to give me a short list of why I might go 7.1 -vs- 7.2? I love a visceral drive, and my 964 Turbo is a handful at speeds in the corners,.. so that's my goal in a watercooled NA.
I ask this, knowing Chubb is probably right up the street from me with his 2007 FS ^^^

Anyway, here's the car.... Anyone know this seller, or have any history on the car? (grabbed some of the info off their website...)Automobili Limited. Philmont Ave, Huntingdon Valley, PA https://www.eurocarscertified.com/2011-porsche-911-gt3-c-2390.htmAsking $114k. 20,247 miles. msrp $129.9k. VIN # WP0AC2A93BS783570. Meteor Grey Metallic, w/ black int.

I'm fine with a stripper, and w/ my wide ice-hockey butt & hips LWBS are not in the cards. prefer steelies as well, so this car hits the basics for me. Any color except black.

=Steve
here are the differences between the .1 and .2 so you at least have the facts when making your decision. I’ll leave the opinions to the owners here.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:17 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

=Steve
Both the .1 and .2 GT3's are epic Porsches and likely will be good long-term investments due to their analog nature with fewer nannies than the 991+ ones.

But which of the two is preferable? Most .1 guys will sing the praises of the .1,, likewise regarding the .2 owners. Each version has it's stronger and weaker points so IMO it boils down to the details and what your intentions are....street only, some track, lots of track, investment potential and budget.

I have a .1 because the one I've had the past 5 years was purchased from a good friend who is a long-time Porsche enthusiast, was a known quantity and was priced fairly. It is dead stock and was likely never tracked which was important to me since I had no intentions of tracking it. But that is generally not an issue with a track-oriented buyer.

What do like about the .1 GT3? It is PLENTY quick and fast on the street - almost too much so since it's capabilities really are best explored on a track. But it is also docile around town, has been reliable as an anvil and is relatively easy to maintain. I like the simple no-frills styling although I'm not a huge fan of the rear spoiler. The wings on the .1 RS and the .2 standard GT3 are more attractive, IMO. I do much prefer the less fussy 5-bolt wheels on the .1, though. I was an aircraft mechanic in my Army days in the '70's and I do my own routine maintenance and mechanical work and Goldcrest Motorsports is a short drive up the road if something needs attention that I can't or don't want to do.

The .2 has the upgrades mentioned in the above post and while the price of these is understandably higher, the .2 will also likely be the better long-term investment because they were the final Mezger-engined GT3's.

Would I trade my .1 for a .2? Nope, because my .1 possesses plenty of GT3-ness for my needs. If I didn't own one and was in the market, which one would I buy? The best, well-kept .1 or .2 that was available at the time that was within my budget.

With that said, my dream, price-not-an-object GT3 - including the 997 GT3RS 4.0 and the newest 997.2 version - would be a 997.1 GT3RS, preferably in silver or orange. But that's just me, I'm a little weird.

Last edited by jackb911; 01-04-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

=Steve
Porsche GT3 997.1 complete description (and stats) https://**********/description-997-1-gt3-3-6/
Porsche GT3 997.2 complete description (and stats) https://**********/description-997-2-gt3-3-8/
WP0AC2A93BS783570 vehicle Porsche data https://**********/lctr/733149
Old 01-04-2018, 03:40 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Thanks Jack, Flachbau & nwGTS for the excellent information.
I also gathered a few things from the many youtube video's I could watch on 997 launch reviews, and heard several say slightly less understeer in the 7.2, slightly better front end grip, and plenty of just seat-of-pants excitement during gen 2 release hype.
Several features do catch the eye, such as dynamic engine mounts, front axle lift (for my driveway this is a must-have), and the addition of PSM.
But I would also prefer to have 5 lug wheels, as I do wrench myself as well,... and I am not concerned about investment protection, nor adding miles. It will be driven,... plenty.
In the end, as you say, it boils down to budget, and examples available for sale at the time of pulling the trigger.
Thanks again,
=Steve
Old 01-04-2018, 08:19 PM
5teve
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Doug, do you have the DME report for the car (2010 GT3, black)? Do you know the extent of the repairs that were made? I have a few other questions, but do not have enough posts to PM you yet.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 304 Posts

It's the wing! It's the wing on the 997.2 RS! That exposed carbon, those red endplates and machine looking uprights. Thats reason enough right there over the .1
2010 Porsche GT3 RS in Aqua Blue Metallic with red graphics and wheels. The Aqua Blue was the rarest standard color for the GT3 RS, with only 57 total produced for North America between 2010 and 2011. Of those, only 27 were produced with the red graphics, and only 7 came to the US in 2010.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:33 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Jack, Flachbau & nwGTS for the excellent information.
I also gathered a few things from the many youtube video's I could watch on 997 launch reviews, and heard several say slightly less understeer in the 7.2, slightly better front end grip, and plenty of just seat-of-pants excitement during gen 2 release hype.
Several features do catch the eye, such as dynamic engine mounts, front axle lift (for my driveway this is a must-have), and the addition of PSM.
But I would also prefer to have 5 lug wheels, as I do wrench myself as well,... and I am not concerned about investment protection, nor adding miles. It will be driven,... plenty.
In the end, as you say, it boils down to budget, and examples available for sale at the time of pulling the trigger.
Thanks again,
=Steve
Steve, if you are going to drive it alot, which is great by the way that may also play a factor in which model you chose.

Not that any GT3 is a couch to drive on the street but the 997.1 is more comfy then the 997.2, especially if you consider the RS variants, the 997.2 RS is basically a race car for the street.

A safe purchase would be to get one from Doug at Switch Cars, he only sells well sorted one and one of the reasons is he very often buys them back and resells them so it is in his interest to only have the best of the best. I have sold Doug a 997.1 GT3 and I would buy it or another one from him if/when I am in the market.

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:17 PM
5teve
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cavlino
Steve, if you are going to drive it alot, which is great by the way that may also play a factor in which model you chose.

Not that any GT3 is a couch to drive on the street but the 997.1 is more comfy then the 997.2, especially if you consider the RS variants, the 997.2 RS is basically a race car for the street.

A safe purchase would be to get one from Doug at Switch Cars, he only sells well sorted one and one of the reasons is he very often buys them back and resells them so it is in his interest to only have the best of the best. I have sold Doug a 997.1 GT3 and I would buy it or another one from him if/when I am in the market.

Good luck!
All the information in this thread and forum has been super helpful to me. I just started seriously looking at GT3s a few weeks ago. My original plan was to get a Cayman or perhaps a new 718, but I started contemplating getting a 911. I started looking at the 991 variations and somehow ended up at the GT3. I really should not have picked up the Macan Turbo early last year, as it really started me on my Porsche journey. haha.

The GT3 would not be my daily driver and would be my weekend car, but I do hope to take it to track at least a few times a year.

I reached out to Doug with a few questions I had regarding the black GT3 he listed. Apparently there are a few single digit over revs showing up on the DME report in ranges 3-6. Are these usually an error on the DME report? If true, it would mean that the engine over reved for 1/100th or less of a second in those ranges, which seems quite odd.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5teve
All the information in this thread and forum has been super helpful to me. I just started seriously looking at GT3s a few weeks ago. My original plan was to get a Cayman or perhaps a new 718, but I started contemplating getting a 911. I started looking at the 991 variations and somehow ended up at the GT3. I really should not have picked up the Macan Turbo early last year, as it really started me on my Porsche journey. haha.

The GT3 would not be my daily driver and would be my weekend car, but I do hope to take it to track at least a few times a year.

I reached out to Doug with a few questions I had regarding the black GT3 he listed. Apparently there are a few single digit over revs showing up on the DME report in ranges 3-6. Are these usually an error on the DME report? If true, it would mean that the engine over reved for 1/100th or less of a second in those ranges, which seems quite odd.
Over rev of 2 or 1 can be considered an error in any range - anything 3 or over is entirely possible and should be considered correct. Just as important is at how many hours the last recorded event occurred v. how many current hours. Also if the engine has been rebuilt that is a consideration.

Here is a link to a 'secret' page that is an excerpt from our DME inspection report analysis package. It represents Porsche's take on this issue ... https://**********/overspeed/

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...