Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020 | 09:12 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fijibubba
I inquired about this car and was sent a few rough pics. Low price for the mileage FAL and PCCB’s. California tags. Anyone know anything about this car? I see just from the pics the rear lid is pinned on. Looking forward to seeing the dealer pics when posted. 19,600 miles 129,900
Looks like it was sold or attempted to be sold on pcarmarket earlier this year.
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2011-porsche-gt3-rs/
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020 | 10:00 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

WP0AC2A93BS783357

Looks like it went through Manheim and sold at $107K a couple of weeks ago. The condition reported as 3.4 is not a great sign, nor is the fact that it had to be run through auction to be sold.

At a minimum, someone looking to purchase would have a good idea what the dealer has into it...

Last edited by pfbz; 08-22-2020 at 10:06 PM.
fijibubba (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020 | 11:14 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

^^^^^^^^
This is what I love about this forum. So many people have fantastic information and access to most anything. It makes accomplishing due diligence so easy and complete. Thanks for all the input.
Old 08-22-2020 | 11:37 PM
PTSGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by my first 911
Pulled the trigger today with Doug, Daniel, and Thomas at Switchcars on the white 08 GT3 Doug put on this thread earlier this week.

They could not have been nicer to work with. Crazy set of circumstances but they actually delivered it to me in Columbus today (that is not part of their normal service). I put about 50 miles on it today before the rains started moving in.

First impression, It feels very raw compared to my c2s. The Club seats are a pain to get in and out of but I love them (so I don't plan to sell them, before you ask). The PCCB brakes are noticeably better than my c2s. The clutch feels a little heavier and the shifter feels more pronounced (almost like it is gated). It is an amazing car!

Thanks again, Doug, Daniel, and Thomas as well as Bxstr for leading me to Switchcars. All first rate Guys!
Congrats on a stunning car! With the value of the seats, oe wing, etc, that car was a great buy. There was an oe .1 GT3 trunk lid/wing for sale in classified weeks back for super cheap that had me thinking about this car too.
Old 08-22-2020 | 11:47 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTSGT3
Congrats on a stunning car! With the value of the seats, oe wing, etc, that car was a great buy. There was an oe .1 GT3 trunk lid/wing for sale in classified weeks back for super cheap that had me thinking about this car too.

There were less expensive cars that I was interested in and looking at but this one had the lines pinned and compete service to date (as well as the updated clutch). By the time I brought the others up to date I would have had the same amount of money into them. So the way I look at it, the seats and wing were free!! A win for me!!
The following 2 users liked this post by my first 911:
fijibubba (08-23-2020), Rambler_13 (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020 | 12:59 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by my first 911
There were less expensive cars that I was interested in and looking at but this one had the lines pinned and compete service to date (as well as the updated clutch). By the time I brought the others up to date I would have had the same amount of money into them. So the way I look at it, the seats and wing were free!! A win for me!!
congrats!
Old 08-23-2020 | 01:04 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Congrats! From your profile pic it looks great.

Are you looking for part numbers for the stock exhaust? If so, I can grab those for you. I think Sharkwerks has side delete pipes, but I know for a fact that Soul does, Fabspeed may as well.

You may also want to consider doing stock side mufflers and a Sharkwerks center. It is just loud enough, without being too much. That is the setup most go with.
Thanks! Not looking for part numbers but thanks. Looking for a stock exhaust system if anyone has one lying around. And will also be looking to sell my M&M complete system if anyone has interest.
Old 08-23-2020 | 04:20 AM
time_4_porsche
Advanced

Anyone know anything about

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...77542/overview

priced a bit high, but love the interior.
Old 08-23-2020 | 07:22 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I inquired about this car and was sent a few rough pics. Low price for the mileage FAL and PCCB’s. California tags. Anyone know anything about this car? I see just from the pics the rear lid is pinned on. Looking forward to seeing the dealer pics when posted. 19,600 miles 129,900https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...a8aa6e27f2.htm

Very informative dealer notes. Lol...

Here it is! Hurry and take advantage now! Discerning drivers will appreciate the 2011 Porsche 911!

This car embraces a bold stylistic philosophy while retaining craftsmanship and elegance! Porsche infused the interior with top shelf amenities, such as: power door mirrors and heated door mirrors, rain sensing wipers, and remote keyless entry. Porsche made sure to keep road-handling and sportiness at the top of it's priority list. Under the hood you'll find a 6 cylinder engine with more than 300 horsepower, and for added security, dynamic Stability Control supplements the drivetrain.

You will have a pleasant shopping experience that is fun, informative, and never high pressured. Please don't hesitate to give us a call.”

Old 08-23-2020 | 07:51 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GBX
Thanks! Not looking for part numbers but thanks. Looking for a stock exhaust system if anyone has one lying around. And will also be looking to sell my M&M complete system if anyone has interest.
Back in April, Doug at Switchcars had both. Reach out to him to see if he still has them. You could probably even drive in and get them. Would take a full day of driving round trip but would save shipping if you had the time.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist....php?t=1189717
Old 08-23-2020 | 09:26 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Back in April, Doug at Switchcars had both. Reach out to him to see if he still has them. You could probably even drive in and get them. Would take a full day of driving round trip but would save shipping if you had the time.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist....php?t=1189717
yes, Doug told me he had some stuff. Thanks!!
Old 08-23-2020 | 02:35 PM
iStig
Track Day

I inquired about this car and was sent a few rough pics. Low price for the mileage FAL and PCCB’s. California tags. Anyone know anything about this car? I see just from the pics the rear lid is pinned on. Looking forward to seeing the dealer pics when posted. 19,600 miles 129,900https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...a8aa6e27f2.htm

This car has been documented fairly well on here and has allot of sketchy gaps in its history. I spoke to the dealer a couple times and it seemed like they had less info on it than whats lurking around here. Not a 130k car... I know they are trying to fix it up right now, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Hope this helps.
fijibubba (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020 | 02:52 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

As a starter, I'd request a copy of the Manheim condition report (3.4/5.0) which manheim purges off their site after an auction, but I'm sure the purchasing dealer has a copy of. My guess is the report shows several panels with visible sub-standard repairs or other currently visible defects (tires, glass, major interior blemishes). The condition report doesn't look at anything sophisticated, no dme, no paint meter, no "it looks like a roll bar has been removed" or anything like that.... Just what an inspector can see in a few minutes. Most of the cars listed in this thread would certainly be 4.5 and above.

Sounds like it would be a great track car or good purchase for a buyer who owns a top-quality body shop?
fijibubba (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020 | 02:58 PM
iStig
Track Day

https://www.porscheowingsmills.com/c...25ec86a1bd.htm
On paper this vehicle looked pretty decent so I decided to take the drive and have a look.... I am perplexed with the vehicle and its condition and hope someone can help. There is some info lurking around about this VIN: WP0AC2A90BS783235 , but not enough to fill in allot of questionable things.

The condition of the vehicle in person is far far far worse than whats described in the listing, by the dealer when I called, as-well as whats shown in pictures. On first glance I was bummed about the substantial paint-marring and scratches, and just lack of care this vehicle has been given but things quickly spiraled into more alarming discoveries.
Underneath the vehicle it is a wreck, lots of bottoming out, rust and wear everywhere, the wheel wells are pretty messed up, center locks are oxidized? never seen something like it before. The car was leaking oil and had a fairly substantial puddle underneath and was also leaking another fluid to a lesser extent, maybe coolant? Despite being advertised as 'all factory'?? both the front and rear bumpers were clearly re-painted notable via a sub-par paint-matching job and pooling up of paint in a few barely-noticeable spots. The front lip is chewed up more than normal.
The rear wing had the most disastrous carbon ive seen (literal chunks missing) and is beyond repair. I am boggled to how it got this way considering online images from 100 miles ago show a more than acceptable condition.
The vehicle had markings (sharpie??) on the drivers side taillight that were used to realign either body panels or the taillight itself and were never removed by whomever did the bodywork.
In the rear, the deck-lid does not line up evenly, with mismatched body gaps clearly present. The same is said regarding the front, where there are substantial misaligned gaps around the bonnet and connecting to the front fenders. There is a notable presence of rock chips on the rocker panels and behind all 4 wheels. There is also markings (sharpie??) on the front windshield that make me believe this was replaced recently. The kicker for me however is the "Absolutely NO OVER-REVS (ignition spikes)!".... There are multiple instances of over-revs on the DME report, with the most recent being just 40 hours ago....

Doing a brief inspection to the best of my ability, I found problem after problem. I thought this 7.2 could be the one, but everything points to run far far away.
It's been driven ~400 miles in 4 years and has bounced around from dealer to dealer. There is a rear incident noted fairly early on in the carfax, aswell as a possible odometer rollback... Im hoping someone can chime in to help with this mystery.

Last edited by iStig; 08-25-2020 at 06:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by iStig:
fijibubba (08-23-2020), Rambler_13 (08-23-2020), RAudi Driver (08-24-2020)
Old 08-23-2020 | 03:18 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iStig
https://www.porscheowingsmills.com/c...25ec86a1bd.htm
On paper this vehicle looked pretty decent so I decided to take the drive and have a look.... I am perplexed with the vehicle and its condition and hope someone can help. There is some info lurking around about this VIN: WP0AC2A90BS783235 , but not enough to fill in allot of questionable things.

The condition of the vehicle in person is far far far worse than whats described in the listing, by the dealer when I called, as-well as whats shown in pictures. On first glance I was bummed about the substantial paint-marring and scratches, and just lack of care this vehicle has been given but things quickly spiraled into more alarming discoveries.
Underneath the vehicle it is a wreck, lots of bottoming out, rust and wear everywhere, the wheel wells are pretty messed up, center locks are oxidized? never seen something like it before. The car was leaking oil and had a fairly substantial puddle underneath and was also leaking another fluid to a lesser extent, maybe coolant? Despite being advertised as 'all factory'?? both the front and rear bumpers were clearly re-painted notable via a sub-par paint-matching job and pooling up of paint in a few barely-noticeable spots. The front lip is chewed up more than normal.
The rear wing had the most disastrous carbon ive seen (literal chunks missing) and is beyond repair. I am boggled to how it got this way considering online images from 100 miles ago show a more than acceptable condition.
The vehicle had markings (sharpie??) on the drivers side taillight that were used to realign either body panels or the taillight itself and were never removed by whomever did the bodywork.
In the rear, the deck-lid does not line up evenly, with mismatched body gaps clearly present. The same is said regarding the front, where there are substantial misaligned gaps around the bonnet and connecting to the front fenders. There is a notable presence of rock chips on the rocker panels and behind all 4 wheels. There is also markings (sharpie??) on the front windshield that make me believe this was replaced recently. The kicker for me however is the "Absolutely NO OVER-REVS (ignition spikes)!".... There are multiple instances of over-revs on the DME report, with the most recent being just 40 hours ago....

Doing a brief inspection to the best of my ability, I found problem after problem. I thought this 7.2 could be the one, but everything points to run far far away.
It's been driven ~400 miles in 4 years and has bounced around from dealer to dealer. There is a rear incident noted fairly early on in the carfax, aswell as a possible odometer rollback... Im hoping someone can chime in to help with this mystery.
Well early on in it's life that was a press car from Porsche for journalists to use. Car was a press car from October of 2010 through June of 2012 when someone purchased it. So at least a year of press car use. It could have seen various conditions around the country contributing to rust. Bottoming out would be from people that are using the car for their day to day activities, which is what some journalists are doing to do. Or being loaded onto trailers going from city to city possibly, to be reviewed. Car was in Texas for a year, but then was brought to the North East. Someone probably used the car on some nice weather winter days which caused salt to get on the underbody. As far as the rest of it and the paint, that is just going to be lack of care. Unfortunately it takes one bad owner to sort of contaminate a car forever. That car may be beyond repair to future buyers that have the means to purchase a nice one, then it ends up with someone that is not going to take care of it properly and the cycle continues.

If there was a small rear main seal leak, that would be expected. But this car sounds like it has a potential coolant leak or coolant line that is starting to let go. Would be interesting to see if coolant level is low on this car.

Either way, some good info for future buyers on this car. I guess it would be a good purchase if someone simply wants a car to use on track, but probably not the best solution for someone looking for a clean example, as stated above.

The mileage is a strange one, odometer currently shows 22,793 both in pics and on the website. That is what the mileage was back in 4/2018 though, so maybe those are old pics? Those pics look like they were taken on a spring day. The mileage inconsistency could have been someone meaning to input 23,080 instead of 22,080. Which would make more sense, so that one thing alone wouldn't concern me and the dealer could probably get Carfax to correct that. The highlight of this car is that it is being offered with Porsche CPO, showing just how little someone should rely on that for actual condition of a car. It's a warranty, where depending on the tech, they may check over the car for consumables like tires and brake pads (not rotors). Beyond that, use it as a warranty, not condition of the car.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...