Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 06:46 PM
G80
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
If I were looking at the car, I'd be asking about:

1. Why are the bolts on the driver's side muffler brackets new?

The heat shields look brand new back there too. Maybe it got a really good dry ice cleaning but it almost looks too fresh in some areas
Old Yesterday | 06:46 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 8Lug
sold for 181k with fees. Decent outcome considering this is a low-spec Canadian car with likely repainted panels.
My only comment from the BAT thread is that the 997.2 non-PPF paint meter readings do not fluctuate 3-4mm even if it was cut more than once in its life... esp at 18k miles...here are the readings from my last a 15k mile 2 x stage 1 paint correction gt3… note the meter setting for the door. It was crazy how much 6mil PPF added to these readings...turns out exactly 6mils.

Doesnt matter though, I hope the new owner comes to the forum

Last edited by Wonderdan; Yesterday at 07:09 PM.
Old Yesterday | 08:16 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Canadian cars are almost always an outlier. Could be a good chance for someone to pick up a cheap car if they are a risk taker, or are more comfortable with the import process. My wife looked at a Canadian GT4 on bring a trailer before she found the one we ultimately bought. We weren't comfortable that we had enough details on the import process, or the idea of having $80k tied up in something that could get stopped in customs.
it’s a u.s. car and it’s hilarious how even Grand Prix and the proxies for merit and Ryan fryman have almost completely disappeared now that there’s 0 end user buyers buying anything at this point doesn’t matter 993 997 991 or 992. Glad to see the Covid flippers dying

anyone who buys these cars for monetary reasons has already lost the point of buying them in the first place
The following 5 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
heymikey (Today), HpIzKing (Today), knowran (Today), PecosBill (Today), SQ13 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 08:36 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
My only comment from the BAT thread is that the 997.2 non-PPF paint meter readings do not fluctuate 3-4mm even if it was cut more than once in its life... esp at 18k miles...here are the readings from my last a 15k mile 2 x stage 1 paint correction gt3… note the meter setting for the door. It was crazy how much 6mil PPF added to these readings...turns out exactly 6mils.

Only issue with PPF and paint meters now is that there's 6mil, 8mil and 10mil PPF available and you don't know what kind of PPF a car has unless the person has the invoice for it. But the most important part is just consistent readings between all the panels within 1-2mil's.
Old Yesterday | 08:42 PM
JpCrp
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wonderdan

Totally agree, a compound and polish doesn't remove much clear at all. Not to mention the readings are all the coatings (sealer, base, clear) combined. With typical clear coat thickness for factory finish only being 1.5-2 mils, If you're removing 3-4 mils worth of coating you'll be well into the basecoat.

That said i have seen vehicles with a variance of 2-3 mils without any other signs of a refinish, would be odd for just one single panel to have a high reading though.
Old Yesterday | 08:49 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G80
The heat shields look brand new back there too. Maybe it got a really good dry ice cleaning but it almost looks too fresh in some areas
It really does. I was torn up when I made a mention of the paint meter and new bolts on the driver's side, with som Nico cat stating that I want to tank the auction. Why would I do that when I'm vested in seeing the prices of these car's rise like every other owner. I state what I see. If it hurts people feelings, sorry, not sorry. It is what it is and if the seller isn't being transparent, then he's the one tanking his own auction.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
HpIzKing (Today)
Old Yesterday | 08:57 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JpCrp
Totally agree, a compound and polish doesn't remove much clear at all. Not to mention the readings are all the coatings (sealer, base, clear) combined. With typical clear coat thickness for factory finish only being 1.5-2 mils, If you're removing 3-4 mils worth of coating you'll be well into the basecoat.

That said i have seen vehicles with a variance of 2-3 mils without any other signs of a refinish, would be odd for just one single panel to have a high reading though.
A typical cut and polish job will remove about 1 to 3 microns at most. Can be heavier but not gonna happen on a car with only 18,000 miles. That being said, at the high end of 3 microns, it would only be equal to .003mm. It won't even move the needle. Both the seller and Nico are clueless.

Edited the .001 to a .003. Wasn't thinking.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; Today at 01:00 AM.
Old Yesterday | 09:10 PM
JpCrp
Instructor

A typical cut and polish job will remove about 1 to 3 microns at most. Can be heavier but not gonna happen on a car with only 18,000 miles. That being said, at the high end of 3 microns, it would only be equal to .001mm. It won't even move the needle. Both the seller and Nico are clueless.
Agreed, though a micron is 1/1000 of a mm, so 3 microns would be 0.003mm (0.12 mils). And it doesn't change their comment being wrong but I think seller simply mis spoke when they said mm instead of mils.
Old Yesterday | 09:34 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Saw on IG
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (Yesterday)
Old Today | 01:01 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Nice .2. If I was to get a set of BBS for a .2 it would be the E07's and not the E88's.
Old Today | 01:08 AM
bdonahue54
Rennlist Member

It really does. I was torn up when I made a mention of the paint meter and new bolts on the driver's side, with som Nico cat stating that I want to tank the auction. Why would I do that when I'm vested in seeing the prices of these car's rise like every other owner. I state what I see. If it hurts people feelings, sorry, not sorry. It is what it is and if the seller isn't being transparent, then he's the one tanking his own auction.
you were wrong.
pputkowski (Today)
Old Today | 01:31 AM
ryneodonnell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 8Lug
90 mile (yes, ninety) PTS RS Green 997.2 GT3 RS at Mild collection, f/k/a allthingsporsches.

https://www.mildcollection.com/2011-...3-rs-c-474.htm

WP0AC2A91BS783602

No price listed.
90 miles and still scuffed the sh*t out of the ignition key area
Old Today | 02:42 AM
G80
Rennlist Member

BAT deleted my comment. All I said to NicoAMG was it’s hard to pick up bondo on the meter readings, when there has been none taken on the doors.
Old Today | 07:53 AM
pputkowski
Rennlist Member

You made that comment during the final bidding (3 minutes left) on a 7-day auction. Total dick move.
RallyBird (Today)
Old Today | 08:33 AM
JS
Race Car

Nice .2. If I was to get a set of BBS for a .2 it would be the E07's and not the E88's.
Without a doubt.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...