Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
The estimated retail amount is also $220k. I believe that is what State Farm paid out for that car, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that is what they paid, that is pretty impressive for a "normal" insurance company. When I saw that, it made me second guess paying double to run Hagerty with agreed value.

i didnt have agreed value on my gt4. granted it wasnt a 220k car. but when the adjuster gave me the pay out price and was way low, i have who has a friend ( lol ) who is an independent adjuster and other things, ect. i invoked my right to dispute and he went to arbitration with allstate. it forces them to use an outside adjuster as well and what they agree on, allstate is required to pay. he got me another 12k for the gt4, based on recent sales comps. not the low ball comps the allstate guy used.
The following 2 users liked this post by JGEMDOC:
pcar1 (Yesterday), TheBucketOfTruth (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 472 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by J_Napp
I thought I had this won today, narrow miss! That was exhilarating haha. Bummed I missed out, but proud I didn’t chase….

That was my first bid ever on BaT, and would have been my first GT3. It seemed strange in that the bidding was slow, and no talk about it here. I’m curious if it was because the extent of the mods ruled out a lot of buyers. Or is there something else I’m missing.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-72/
Yes, to your question, the car was posted in this thread, it is a dedicated track car, hopefully sold to another dedicated track hobbyist, that has a very limited appeal.

No mods or select mods (sharkwerks bypass for example) and it could be 80-100k higher.
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
vudores
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JGEMDOC
i didnt have agreed value on my gt4. granted it wasnt a 220k car. but when the adjuster gave me the pay out price and was way low, i have who has a friend ( lol ) who is an independent adjuster and other things, ect. i invoked my right to dispute and he went to arbitration with allstate. it forces them to use an outside adjuster as well and what they agree on, allstate is required to pay. he got me another 12k for the gt4, based on recent sales comps. not the low ball comps the allstate guy used.

this is exactly what happened w me and Allstate when my gt3 was totaled. No declared value. Their first offer was an out of touch lowball. I hired an expert and invoked the arbitration clause. I ended up getting 30K+ over the original offer and was able to recover the market value for my car.
The following 2 users liked this post by vudores:
pcar1 (Yesterday), TheBucketOfTruth (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Medusa
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vudores
this is exactly what happened w me and Allstate when my gt3 was totaled. No declared value. Their first offer was an out of touch lowball. I hired an expert and invoked the arbitration clause. I ended up getting 30K+ over the original offer and was able to recover the market value for my car.
how much did it cost to hire someone?
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Medusa
how much did it cost to hire someone?
I did this once when I had a loss on my built Toyota. Guy cost $320. I paid extra in premiums every month for my declared list of mods hoping that meant I wouldn't get screwed if something happened. But then we had the total loss and they told me "no sorry the extra premiums are only for theft or vandalism not factored into a total loss." They offered me $6,700 I think it was on a rig I paid 15k for less than a year prior. I sent them a bunch of comps and they didn't budge. Hired the guy for $320, $200 of that was actually paid for by my policy. Got a stated pre-loss value of $15,300. They said yes to it right away. Best $120 I've ever spent. I ended up paying the insurance the buyout value and sold the truck for a lot more after that. So yeah if you aren't on an agreed value policy these services are well worth it in the worst case scenario.
The following users liked this post:
pcar1 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed
Yes, to your question, the car was posted in this thread, it is a dedicated track car, hopefully sold to another dedicated track hobbyist, that has a very limited appeal.

No mods or select mods (sharkwerks bypass for example) and it could be 80-100k higher.
Stunningly low price.

Put the interior back in, remove the slicks and the front half of the cage (maybe the wrap) and this would be most the way to your 80k.

Or better yet, enjoy this as way our cars were meant to be enjoyed! A shame that is such “limited appeal.”

Last edited by sirringo; Yesterday at 09:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
flsupraguy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by sirringo
Stunningly low price.

Put the interior back in, remove the slicks and the front half of the cage (maybe the wrap) and this would be most the way to your 80-100k.
I agree. Some carpet, oem sport seats or recaros, and a new wheel and it's stock-ish.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
997GT
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Easier said then done with a welded in cage.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 472 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by jreifler
Honestly, if someone took that back to a half cage and added back some interior bits, I don't think it would be that bad. Suspension isn't bonkers.

I think @flsupraguy won it, and already has a 3.9, so maybe this is just a dedicated track car for him. Pretty damn good deal for a 3.9 build . . .
Originally Posted by sirringo
Stunningly low price.

Put the interior back in, remove the slicks and the front half of the cage (maybe the wrap) and this would be most the way to your 80k.

Or better yet, enjoy this as way our cars were meant to be enjoyed! A shame that is such “limited appeal.”
Originally Posted by Joe Cho
I agree. Some carpet, oem sport seats or recaros, and a new wheel and it's stock-ish.
Someone asked why it did not have as much interest...asking if modifications was a factor.

Title of the listing:

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 3.9L Track Car

This 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 has been modified for track use with a six-point roll cage, racing buckets, adjustable Motion Control Suspension components, PFC rotors, and a Shark Werks 3.9L conversion built by EvoSpec for its flat-six. A Guard limited-slip differential, BBS WC-GT wheels, M&M headers, and an FVD Brombacher muffler bypass and dive planes were also installed, and the exterior was wrapped in blue vinyl.

Forged monoblock 18″ BBS WC-GT wheels wear Pirelli P Zero competition slicks and are mounted with a five-lug hub conversion. PFC two-piece rotors and Pagid RS pads have been installed along with a power steering cooler, and the suspension has been modified with Motion Control Suspension three-way adjustable dampers, uprated springs, and RSR-style monoballs.

The carpeting and seats were removed, and a 4130 chromoly cage was TIG welded in. OMP seats and Schroth harnesses have been installed for both occupants along with a Numeric Racing shifter with Motorsport cables and a MOMO GT3 Cup steering wheel.

ETC....

Pics in the listing are of the previous owner using it as a dedicated track car.

Yes, modifications and track use was a factor, as far as a great deal, maybe so, IDK.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by 997GT
Easier said then done with a welded in cage.
I mssed that part.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 174 Posts

Yeah not rocket science why it wasn't more and still a strong sale if you think about what pricing looked like not even that long ago. Sharkwerks conversion not being done by Sharkwerks probably didn't help either. Wrapped cars seem to be penalized too since you can't get a good look at the underlying condition. Looked like a fun car but easy to see that the potential pool of buyers for such a thing is going to be quite a bit narrower than a stock or lightly modified example, and seems sad and a pain to try to undo everything and put it closer to stock.
Old Today, 01:34 AM
RAudi Driver
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,909 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Cho
You'll also need the dash, door panels, all the pillars and roof, the rear deck insulation and carpeting. Once that's all done, you have to remove that blue vinyl and hopefully don't get surprised with razor blade marks in the paint or poor paint quality, but it is cheap.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...