Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,387 Likes on 1,304 Posts

White .1 GT3 with 36k miles and full leather with red deviated stitching. Looks pretty much completely stock and seems to be a very nice example. No price listed but if it’s not too high this one probably won’t last very long.

https://www.gasmotorcars.com/vehicle...ga-id-57491458

VIN: WP0AC29997S792169
The following 2 users liked this post by RapidGT:
Robocop305 (Yesterday), sirringo (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
drola
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Cho
@drola can bring it back to proper form!
I'm game to give it a shot !!
Couple of things to note, the water line, if correct as shown by the white tape, is super high. That could (and probably did) introduce water into the engine and transmission. The other is that it has been issued a certificate of destruction so it can never be registered again for road use in the US. So it's either a part out, track car or for export. That's a shame.
The following 2 users liked this post by drola:
RallyBird (Yesterday), rotaz (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by drola
I'm game to give it a shot !!
Couple of things to note, the water line, if correct as shown by the white tape, is super high. That could (and probably did) introduce water into the engine and transmission. The other is that it has been issued a certificate of destruction so it can never be registered again for road use in the US. So it's either a part out, track car or for export. That's a shame.
does the current bid amount of 175K represent an actual bid, or is that where they are hoping to start bidding? That seems quite high for a salvage.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

I believe that is $175.00
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FastAlpine
I believe that is $175.00
hahaha. You’re absolutely right. My brain is not programmed to look at GT3 prices in sub 1k increments.
The following 2 users liked this post by 8Lug:
FastAlpine (Yesterday), Porsche cowboy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,071 Likes on 2,106 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
does the current bid amount of 175K represent an actual bid, or is that where they are hoping to start bidding? That seems quite high for a salvage.
The estimated retail amount is also $220k. I believe that is what State Farm paid out for that car, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that is what they paid, that is pretty impressive for a "normal" insurance company. When I saw that, it made me second guess paying double to run Hagerty with agreed value.
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM
skibrian213
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
White .1 GT3 with 36k miles and full leather with red deviated stitching. Looks pretty much completely stock and seems to be a very nice example. No price listed but if it’s not too high this one probably won’t last very long.

https://www.gasmotorcars.com/vehicle...ga-id-57491458

VIN: WP0AC29997S792169
Good looking out! just called, they listed $145k, already have a deposit on it. Crazy fast
The following 2 users liked this post by skibrian213:
Robocop305 (Yesterday), rotaz (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

Because it was very well priced. These cars usually sell before advertising, specially with a good price.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
The estimated retail amount is also $220k. I believe that is what State Farm paid out for that car, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that is what they paid, that is pretty impressive for a "normal" insurance company. When I saw that, it made me second guess paying double to run Hagerty with agreed value.
I thought the same. I think there are enough $200k+ public sales now that it would be relatively easy to get correct market value from regular insurance. A few years ago there were no good comps, as these cars were climbing in value. Now there are plenty of comps.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,071 Likes on 2,106 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I thought the same. I think there are enough $200k+ public sales now that it would be relatively easy to get correct market value from regular insurance. A few years ago there were no good comps, as these cars were climbing in value. Now there are plenty of comps.
Yes, my real motivation at this point is the OEM parts replacement. Lots of companies don't offer that, so you're stuck with a speciality insurer, or paying the difference to get OEM parts if they want to install aftermarket. Completely agree with you though, lots of good public comps.

Last edited by Bxstr; Yesterday at 05:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,473 Likes on 786 Posts

How difficult do you guys think it will be to find some stock 997.1 3RS seats with the orange stitching? Asking because the pumpkin I'm buying has buckets but would be nice to have stock matching seats. Seems like the dealer didn't get those in the trade in.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
How difficult do you guys think it will be to find some stock 997.1 3RS seats with the orange stitching? Asking because the pumpkin I'm buying has buckets but would be nice to have stock matching seats. Seems like the dealer didn't get those in the trade in.
It's possible you may get lucky but with RS values being what they are and the rarity of orange stitching (not sure I've seen it on a non RS) I can imagine it would be difficult to pry a set from another RS owner. You could always source a standard set and reach out to Exclusive Option or a similar outfit and have them reupholstered with new leather and orange stitching.
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
shrp
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by skibrian213
Good looking out! just called, they listed $145k, already have a deposit on it. Crazy fast
145k is a great price for that, especially if it all original paint. Even with some paintwork that’s similar to the one in NJ that went for around that on BAT recently
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
pcar1
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 22 Posts

If looking for LWCF buckets, these have been in the marketplace for awhile. Not perfect condition and the inserts are unattractive IMO, but easily replaced. Seller has confirmed ORANGE factory stitching. https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1410589

EDIT: sorry, see you already have these and looking for orange-stitched comfort seats...

Last edited by pcar1; Yesterday at 08:19 PM.
Old Today, 12:28 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,903 Likes on 1,720 Posts

I have a set. Wasn't planning on selling but what do you have for trade?

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...