Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
Nope, I stand corrected. I thought you were referring to the Aqua Blue GT3 that was a couple posts prior, not the Aqua Blue RS on PCA classifieds.

To clarify - out of the 16 Aqua Blue GT3s in NA, only one has been exported.
One lives in Minneapolis
Old 08-18-2018, 09:38 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
I have an idea of what to look for but not specifically when looking at report. Can you analyze a sample report? That would be helpful if you have time. I tried searching but could not find if one exists.
DME readout is like a Carfax - it is a good tool but not a be-all end-all.

I'm happy to help with the buying process including analyzing DME readouts or PPIs but my consulting isn't free.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:36 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Nope, I stand corrected. I thought you were referring to the Aqua Blue GT3 that was a couple posts prior, not the Aqua Blue RS on PCA classifieds.

To clarify - out of the 16 Aqua Blue GT3s in NA, only one has been exported.
Can you please clarify? Are you saying only 16 2010 and 2011 gt3 were aqua blue in NA?

Does that include RS? if not - how many of those were there?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2018, 05:08 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Can you please clarify? Are you saying only 16 2010 and 2011 gt3 were aqua blue in NA?

Does that include RS? if not - how many of those were there?

Thanks
You can use our search app to answer all these questions. Just pick the model and step through to get the counts for North America. PORS9 SEARCH APP
Old 08-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Pardon my ignorance...

I am a member of PORS9 and have been playing around with the search app. Am I supposed to be able to find my car using this? Is it already in your database? I have used the app and the feature driven menu and can't come up with my car. Advise..
Old 08-19-2018, 09:05 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Pardon my ignorance...

I am a member of PORS9 and have been playing around with the search app. Am I supposed to be able to find my car using this? Is it already in your database? I have used the app and the feature driven menu and can't come up with my car. Advise..
Thanks for asking. Yes and no. The purpose of the app is to identify actual production vehicles that match a certain spec. If you want to dig deeper you can receive a list of the matching vehicle's details for further review via email. If you are a member you will see more cars and more details, images and Experian data - all of which we don't share with non-members.

Theoretically the app could be used to identify one individual vehicle, but that is not its intended purpose at this time. That said, it can be used to see how many vehicles match a certain spec.

We plan on building an integrated registration app that would automate the forwarding of a link to a specific vehicle from our database upon submitting a VIN. However, in the meantime if you'd like a link to your car in our database send a PM with your VIN and we'd be happy to forward that to you.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:31 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by pors9
Thanks for asking. Yes and no. The purpose of the app is to identify actual production vehicles that match a certain spec. If you want to dig deeper you can receive a list of the matching vehicle's details for further review via email. If you are a member you will see more cars and more details, images and Experian data - all of which we don't share with non-members.

Theoretically the app could be used to identify one individual vehicle, but that is not its intended purpose at this time. That said, it can be used to see how many vehicles match a certain spec.

We plan on building an integrated registration app that would automate the forwarding of a link to a specific vehicle from our database upon submitting a VIN. However, in the meantime if you'd like a link to your car in our database send a PM with your VIN and we'd be happy to forward that to you.
Interesting. I think the ultimate use of this tool would be to actually go find who owns the car with the spec you are seeking. A list of cars with the closest spec to what you are looking for and it's owners would be superb. I also think the ability to ultimately find out how many cars were made that match an owners car would be fantastic. We all want to know if we have 1 of X? I have heard several production numbers on my car from one of 7 or one of 17. I will forward you my info..
Old 08-20-2018, 02:22 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
... to actually go find who owns the car with the spec you are seeking.
That is what we do.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:41 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Can I also ask a question about the PORS9 data ... Does this screen show the quantities of exterior color for those sold worldwide? (verses U.S. only) ???

Thanks,
=Steve
Old 08-20-2018, 05:10 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Can I also ask a question about the PORS9 data ... Does this screen show the quantities of exterior color for those sold worldwide? (verses U.S. only) ???

Thanks,
=Steve
Thanks for your question. These tables are for North America only.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:45 PM
pors9
Banned

DME readout is like a Carfax - it is a good tool but not a be-all end-all.

I'm happy to help with the buying process including analyzing DME readouts or PPIs but my consulting isn't free.
We have had this page internally for sometime but decided to spruce it up a bit and publish it. It's an overspeed event calculator in tabular form. Saves a lot of trouble for those looking to quickly interpolate a DME overspeed event readout.

https://**********/porsche-overspeed-event-calculator/
Old 08-21-2018, 08:28 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

Anyone out there in the market that has looked at this one? https://www.porschesouthbay.com/inve...ac2a93bs783262

I'm going to make an offer on it I think. Is $160k a fair offer or offensive? Don't have a clue what these should really trade hands for. Love everything about this one except I wish it had Ceramics. I figured if I could get 90% of what I wanted, that is as good as it is going to get. I'm OK with the higher miles (compared to other offerings) because it's going to be driven and I'm not a collector.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:53 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Anyone out there in the market that has looked at this one? https://www.porschesouthbay.com/inve...ac2a93bs783262
I would ask why it's not CPO. They did certify their last 2011 GT3.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:07 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

I’ll ask. They are selling it for a customer that buys a lot of cars from them. Consignment. So that could be why on the CPO. Here is the over rev report. Any concerns with the range 1 over revs? Am I right to say those aren’t a big deal as long as it isn’t 4-6.

[img]blob:https://rennlist.com/2102e2b6-9ba3-4dbb-92a6-d360425d7575[/img]
Old 08-22-2018, 03:58 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consignment does explain lack of CPO. I would ask what they would charge to certify, assuming you reach an agreement on price.

Range 1 overrevs mean 600 to 800 RPM above the rev limit as switchcars pointed out, but the consensus here seems to be that they aren't of concern.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...