Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 03:26 PM
MR Turco
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the info! I did tap the brown wire and I'm sure it's working but would love to validate.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:49 AM
Ninesomething
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't going to get into tuning the stock calibration files but what's the worst thing that can happen right? I still found the ride a little sharp at low speed so I looked at g-comfort on the g-force page of the tuner. Stock it's at 10% - this is the baseline for the car moving steadily in a straight line. Doesn't sound much but I knocked that down to 5%. On a quick test ride the low speed ride improved considerably but because I didn't change anything else the body control in the corners felt just as good. Embolded I lowered it again to 2.5% and the result was a minor miracle. Not only was ride bettter again but the car just feels so playful - it dances around roundabouts just steering with throttle. It feels like I've got a new car. I almost can't see the need for sport mode on the road. Talking of sport mode g-comfort is 15% stock. Seriously thinking of knocking that down to 10% to see what happens. If the roads around here would warm up a bit and lose that slick greasy feel I'd do some high-g testing....

Last edited by Ninesomething; 01-18-2023 at 01:36 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ninesomething:
balucipher (01-18-2023), Frank Abe (02-13-2023), The Mick (01-18-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 03:39 AM
tatarin
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 41 Posts

not sure if this has been discussed here but has anyone noticed oil seeping out from the pressure relief valve - shown in picture -on the Tractive damper. My car has been sitting in the garage for about 2 months now and I noticed few drops of oil on the inside of the wheel. I’m wondering if the temperature differences is making it do that or is there a failing seal or something? I haven’t fully checked the other corners yet.

Last edited by tatarin; 02-03-2023 at 03:43 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 952 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by tatarin

not sure if this has been discussed here but has anyone noticed oil seeping out from the pressure relief valve - shown in picture -on the Tractive damper. My car has been sitting in the garage for about 2 months now and I noticed few drops of oil on the inside of the wheel. I’m wondering if the temperature differences is making it do that or is there a failing seal or something? I haven’t fully checked the other corners yet.
Its an inverted front strut. There's no hydraulic oil between the black outer tube and the inner cartridge(the cartridge is the damper that does the work).
Grease was used to assemble the two parts together. So it could just be excess assembly grease coming out of the bottom vents. Below are pics of what the two parts look like when disassembled.
The inner cartridge is basically an up-side-down shock absorber(damper) hence the name inverted "strut". The inner cartridge is hi-pressure sealed.
I wouldn't worry about it if stays dry after you clean it up. If continues to leak fluid while sitting then contact the the company they were purchased from directly.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 02-03-2023, 09:45 PM
tatarin
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
Its an inverted front strut. There's no hydraulic oil between the black outer tube and the inner cartridge(the cartridge is the damper that does the work).
Grease was used to assemble the two parts together. So it could just be excess assembly grease coming out of the bottom vents. Below are pics of what the two parts look like when disassembled.
The inner cartridge is basically an up-side-down shock absorber(damper) hence the name inverted "strut". The inner cartridge is hi-pressure sealed.
I wouldn't worry about it if stays dry after you clean it up. If continues to leak fluid while sitting then contact the the company they were purchased from directly.

Thanks Tom, mine have been installed for few years now and have about 5000 miles on them, maybe they need to be rebuilt soon?! There is a shop near me G- Design that is a Tractive dealer and they also do tuning and rebuilding… I may have to pay them a visit in spring.

Last edited by tatarin; 02-03-2023 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:23 AM
Ninesomething
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

@Tom@TPC Racing At what value on the shock calibration table are the shocks fully soft and can they be harmed by putting in too high a value? I'm talking 987.1. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:59 PM
00 Scrub
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got an autocross test/tune session coming up this Sunday and wanted to see if I could make some chassis adjustments with the DSC to address a few issues. Does anyone have recs on what to change to impact the following:
  1. I sometimes get into ABS/ice mode under hard braking at low speeds. I'm thinking the front tires are getting a little overwhelmed since the chassis isn't settled when I get on the brakes.
  2. Improving the time it takes for the car to get settled on transients/slaloms. Sometimes feels like I'm waiting on the car a half beat.
  3. A decent amount of throttle on oversteer if I'm not patient enough. Not really sure much can be done here other than being less aggressive.
  4. The trail braking is already excellent with the stock map, but if there is anything to give it a bit more margin to allow for messed up braking points/lines would be great.
I've got the stock PASM dampers with the default DSC map on the car for now. I've watched the tuning videos and they make sense, but wanted to see what folks have tried here first to pre make a few maps so I'm not messing around at the track too much.
Thanks.
Old 11-19-2023, 10:55 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 378 Posts

What car?
what alignment settings?
What swap bar setup?
what tires/sizes?
Any other mods to car?
Old 11-20-2023, 01:03 PM
00 Scrub
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Chris, I should've probably included more info in the post:

What car? - 997.2 GT3
what alignment settings? - Front: -2* camber, 0* toe, Rear: -1.8* camber, 0.2* toe in
What swap bar setup? - Stock, I need to go double check the which hole settings they are at right now. The static balance is fine as is though.
what tires/sizes? - 245/35/19 front, 305/30/19 rear. Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar 3
Any other mods to car? - solid caster bushings, GMG solid rear toe link and upper links, GMG front tie rod/bumpsteer kit

Also I found two things I was hoping to tune out after yesterdays session:
I kept loosing significant traction under power over some bumps/joints in the asphalt. This did not occur in the Cayman GTS 4.0 I also drove. It was manageable but it felt like I should be able to improve it by adjusting the high speed bump/rebound.
I could get some really bad power on understeer coming out of a tight left hand hairpin if I didn't hold the trail braking longer than usual. I drove around this, but again I feel like this is something I should be able to tune out.

Old 11-23-2023, 02:45 PM
sinzuman8
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chassis is much more composed and settled over bumps, even in the stiffest mode. I'm wondering if it can be made even better in any way.
Old 11-23-2023, 03:51 PM
GermanCarFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Question...? I have Damptronic B16's and had the B16 file loaded and recently uploaded the GT3 RS tune on my 991 C2S onto the DSC. On the last couple spirited drives, my PSM / traction control light now comes on or flashes ONLY on hard sweeping left hand turns. What could be causing this scenario? Other than that it's been an awesome addition to the car.

I've zero'd out the ride height sensors and reloaded the file just to make sure it was good to go. I also reset the board before and after.

Side note: on my 3rd file (Comfort) It will not do this in regular , sport or sport+

Thank you
Old 11-23-2023, 07:21 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by 00 Scrub
I've got an autocross test/tune session coming up this Sunday and wanted to see if I could make some chassis adjustments with the DSC to address a few issues. Does anyone have recs on what to change to impact the following:
  1. I sometimes get into ABS/ice mode under hard braking at low speeds. I'm thinking the front tires are getting a little overwhelmed since the chassis isn't settled when I get on the brakes.
  2. Improving the time it takes for the car to get settled on transients/slaloms. Sometimes feels like I'm waiting on the car a half beat.
  3. A decent amount of throttle on oversteer if I'm not patient enough. Not really sure much can be done here other than being less aggressive.
  4. The trail braking is already excellent with the stock map, but if there is anything to give it a bit more margin to allow for messed up braking points/lines would be great.
I've got the stock PASM dampers with the default DSC map on the car for now. I've watched the tuning videos and they make sense, but wanted to see what folks have tried here first to pre make a few maps so I'm not messing around at the track too much.
Thanks.
I'll take a stab with a few but would defer to @Tom@TPC Racing as the expert.

1. have you tried swapping in the stock controller to confirm whether the ice mode is inherent to the tune on this course or impacted by the DSC? I'd start there. I believe you're one size up on front tires over stock which could cause the ice mode. Has it happened before you used the DSC?

2. IIRC, the stock DSC tune in sport mode turns starts already dialed up over normal mode as far as stiffness and response. Did you try that? How was the car before? If you're trying to baseline handling characteristics, I'd start with the stock PASM box.

3. Softer rear bar by one hole assuming not on full soft?

4. Not sure I understand what car behavior you're trying to change here. How did the car behave stock and what is it doing now? On trail braking is the car still not getting enough turn in on the nose? Is the car rotating unpredictably as you turn in? What is the behavior exactly and what do you want it to do?
Old 07-11-2024, 08:21 PM
2root4u
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If I bought a DSC V1 in 2016 for my 997.2 GT3 RS, do I need to do any software or setting updates since then? I use the sport settings at the track which work well, but is it work loading other settings to further tweak/improve the effect?

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM