Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

my GT3 is being align after corner balance. New alignment settings and the car does drive much better and softer with DSC. By the end of this month local PCA will have another DE, now my GT3 is ready for action & fun...
Old 09-08-2016, 10:02 PM
changster123
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts

How is the Tractive+DSC setup for the R35? Is it as well tested as for the P car and Viper? Any comments on its performance and feel? Does it also feel more compliant than stock but can be stiffer when the DSC detects higher G forces? Much better traction and lap times with it?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Sweet, same as before.
Okay - i haven't had time due to the baby however today, after dropping baby off at daycare i went back home to get the gt3.
From my ~50 miles of driving a 997.2 GT3rs 4.0 and being passenger for ~200 miles of fast pace canyon driving- i would say my update made the .1 gt3 feel extremely similar to the 4.0 from my recollection. I have been driving in "normal" mode. The rebound "feels" to my butt much better. Will report after i go rip it through some canyons.
Thanks for your feedback. The rebound improvement that you felt is a result of the Reverse G Table feature of the new 2-mode firmware. It is very noticeable. Glad you like it!
Old 09-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rick 930
my GT3 is being align after corner balance. New alignment settings and the car does drive much better and softer with DSC. By the end of this month local PCA will have another DE, now my GT3 is ready for action & fun...
Cool. Wait til you try the DSC Sport mode at higher lateral g's. Its smooths out bump and track curbings and speeds like you won't believe!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by changster123
How is the Tractive+DSC setup for the R35? Is it as well tested as for the P car and Viper?
In terms of number of hours of development, no, we have significantly more hours. hundreds more, developing the Porsche line of DSC/Tractive products. Porsche cars were the first for DSC, and we race Porsches too so the vehicle geometry improvement is a direct result of our race-winning effort, making a perfect pairing for the supremely good dynamic damping technology of DSC/Tractive products. On the dynamic damping side of things, we were able to streamline the development process for other brands of cars(Gen5 Viper, C7 Z06 Corvette, R35 GTR, and Mustang GT350R) from knowledge accumulated over the years for dynamic damping strategy in general. Specifically for the R35 GTR, I would say today the DSC/Tractive products perform at 90% of the level of refinement as for the Porsche's. In probably a year it will be on par via software tuning and maybe a spring rate change to satisfy the R35 market from occasional track use to hardcore track rats.

Originally Posted by changster123
Does it also feel more compliant than stock but can be stiffer when the DSC detects higher G forces? Much better traction and lap times with it?
Yes. Yes. And Yes it can.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:19 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Update:

Had a chance to go mtn driving this morning.
I'll give cliff notes.
Stock was good over standard 997, 911s and prior models.
Tpc rev 1 was much better then standard. Difference of going from a 993 to 997 gap of difference .
Tpc rev 2 is.... Cheating. ?
Front has more confidence. Where I use to find my self tapping brakes to load front- no longer doing that. Turns I also use to hold extra .25 second to get front to load well- no longer needed. Bump or surface angulations going into a turn under hard braking- I use to find my self backing off brakes because if I help the brakes - car would get upset-- yeah no longer need to lift off brakes.
Off camber turns - what are those ? Car feels very compliment to the road.
Talking about compliment - suspension roll is very - very nice. Much improved over rev -1.
Coming into a turn- uneven surface a problem ? Not a big deal- damping get is much improved that I feel the car load is more spread out- think of the middle vs sidewall of tire.
Lift oversteer is much more predictable. So is throttle steer.
Punching it out of slow turns hard- much reduced understeer. Actually got sideways once
Power slides coming out of turns at 80 mph ? Car feels magical- absorbing uneven payment and angulations on the road. My prior laps at Thill improved by 1 second going from stock to tpc rev 1. I would be in shock if I don't find another second. 156 w bypass should be doable- like a Monday commute drive to work w coffee on my hand. I dusky don't rave and rant about products because I design and make my own - but this one - hands down- best mod for your .1 gt3.
If I had to use one word. Compliance. Compliance. And compliance. Setting up for the turn - compliance which gives confidence.

Those who know me know I hate the standard mode on suspension. Friend and I named it the "defect button" many years ago- we said it should always be in sport. Only downfall of this car was that button. I did all that driving today - and when all was said and done. I was in "normal mode" fml
Old 09-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

^^^ pretty much matches my experience with both V1 and V2 on the GT3 *and* my 991 GTS also.

transforms the car's handling, and in the case of the GT3 actually makes 'sport' mode useful.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:15 AM
steve porter
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did a brisk mountain run in the wet this morning and was amazed at how consistent and confidence inspiring the DSC has made the car.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Update:

Had a chance to go mtn driving this morning.
I'll give cliff notes.
Stock was good over standard 997, 911s and prior models.
Tpc rev 1 was much better then standard. Difference of going from a 993 to 997 gap of difference .
Tpc rev 2 is.... Cheating. ?
Front has more confidence. Where I use to find my self tapping brakes to load front- no longer doing that. Turns I also use to hold extra .25 second to get front to load well- no longer needed. Bump or surface angulations going into a turn under hard braking- I use to find my self backing off brakes because if I help the brakes - car would get upset-- yeah no longer need to lift off brakes.
Off camber turns - what are those ? Car feels very compliment to the road.
Talking about compliment - suspension roll is very - very nice. Much improved over rev -1.
Coming into a turn- uneven surface a problem ? Not a big deal- damping get is much improved that I feel the car load is more spread out- think of the middle vs sidewall of tire.
Lift oversteer is much more predictable. So is throttle steer.
Punching it out of slow turns hard- much reduced understeer. Actually got sideways once
Power slides coming out of turns at 80 mph ? Car feels magical- absorbing uneven payment and angulations on the road. My prior laps at Thill improved by 1 second going from stock to tpc rev 1. I would be in shock if I don't find another second. 156 w bypass should be doable- like a Monday commute drive to work w coffee on my hand. I dusky don't rave and rant about products because I design and make my own - but this one - hands down- best mod for your .1 gt3.
If I had to use one word. Compliance. Compliance. And compliance. Setting up for the turn - compliance which gives confidence.

Those who know me know I hate the standard mode on suspension. Friend and I named it the "defect button" many years ago- we said it should always be in sport. Only downfall of this car was that button. I did all that driving today - and when all was said and done. I was in "normal mode" fml
Originally Posted by Larry Cable
^^^ pretty much matches my experience with both V1 and V2 on the GT3 *and* my 991 GTS also.

transforms the car's handling, and in the case of the GT3 actually makes 'sport' mode useful.

Originally Posted by steve porter
Did a brisk mountain run in the wet this morning and was amazed at how consistent and confidence inspiring the DSC has made the car.
Gents,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I feel exactly the same about the DSC system. I am very fortunate to be in a position to sell and support a product that I truly believe in. At this time we have ~90% of the old 3-mode 997 DSC modules updated to the new 2-mode. Looking forward to hearing more feedback from new DSC users and existing DSC users with updated 2-mode version! Cheers.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:20 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
. At this time we have ~90% of the old 3-mode 997 DSC modules updated to the new 2-mode. Looking forward to hearing more feedback from new DSC users and existing DSC users with updated 2-mode version! Cheers.
I'm one of the 3 mode stragglers. It'll be coming to you guys eventually. Car is down at BRS/LN for some changes (upgrading to gen-2 Cayman) and I know Charles has already spoken to Michael there about updating my box.

Cant wait to get to chance to feel the difference. Feedback here so far sounds incredible!
Old 10-01-2016, 03:30 PM
jglaze
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally getting the chance to install the 2 mode DSC on my 997.1, but I've run into a road block with the 3-axis accelerometer. I have two sets of instructions, one that tells me to splice into the wires running into motronic box behind the rear seats and one that tells me to splice into the wire loom behind the passenger kick panel.

While I assume they are both right, is either of the instructions "more right"?

Apart from wires facing forward and screw down are there any other tips/tricks that I should be aware of when installing?
Old 10-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jglaze
Finally getting the chance to install the 2 mode DSC on my 997.1, but I've run into a road block with the 3-axis accelerometer. I have two sets of instructions, one that tells me to splice into the wires running into motronic box behind the rear seats and one that tells me to splice into the wire loom behind the passenger kick panel. While I assume they are both right, is either of the instructions "more right"? Apart from wires facing forward and screw down are there any other tips/tricks that I should be aware of when installing?
They're both correct. I have used both on my personal car with exact same results. The front mount is easier for cars that have roll bar or cage that restricts rear area access. On cars without roll bar or cage the rear mount gives the installer more elbow room and the wires are easier to identify. Either way, as long as the wires are facing forward and screw side facing down and the accelerometer is positioned near the center of the car then it will work fine. GT3 street cars have factory accelerometer in front while GT3 Cup cars have it rear.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:04 PM
jglaze
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
They're both correct. I have used both on my personal car with exact same results. The front mount is easier for cars that have roll bar or cage that restricts rear area access. On cars without roll bar or cage the rear mount gives the installer more elbow room and the wires are easier to identify. Either way, as long as the wires are facing forward and screw side facing down and the accelerometer is positioned near the center of the car then it will work fine. GT3 street cars have factory accelerometer in front while GT3 Cup cars have it rear.
Awesome, thank you! Since I've already torn into the back of my car, I'll keep headed that direction.

Are the wire colors in the rear loom that I'm splicing into the same colors in the kick panel? My instructions only have (kinda dark) images, no description.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jglaze
Awesome, thank you! Since I've already torn into the back of my car, I'll keep headed that direction.

Are the wire colors in the rear loom that I'm splicing into the same colors in the kick panel? My instructions only have (kinda dark) images, no description.
See post #39 in this thread (in page 3).
Old 10-04-2016, 07:19 PM
jglaze
Racer

Thanks!

Good thing the kid stayed home sick today; finally got around to installing everything. And, wow! I'd have installed this if only to smooth out the bumps on the roads around Boston. I can't wait to get out on the track next season.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM