Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2008 GT3 Market value

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Clarification

I expect to get profiled by salesmen, especially if I show up on the weekend (ie, not wearing a suit). I look like a kid who borrowed his daddy's car if I show up in jeans on Saturday.

However, I do expect to be treated with some level of respect if I have serviced a car at a dealer for a few years (the other Atlanta dealer). Never received it there. I once saw two techs horsing around with a Cayenne tire that rolled across their lot and right into the front bumper of someone's 997.2 GT3. They just shrugged, looked around, and giggled.

On the contrary, I picked up my GT3 yesterday from Goldcrest just outside Atlanta. Professional, courteous, articulate, and very reasonably priced. Only downside is they are very busy during race season, and it's a $100 Uber fare round trip to drop off and pick up given our respectie locations.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
On the contrary, I picked up my GT3 yesterday from Goldcrest just outside Atlanta. Professional, courteous, articulate, and very reasonably priced. Only downside is they are very busy during race season, and it's a $100 Uber fare round trip to drop off and pick up given our respective locations.
+1000 on Goldcrest. The wait time is worth it. No "attitude" at all, everyone I have encountered there are true professionals and Bob, Steve and the techs are very friendly, knowledgeable car guys.

When my GT3 was at Goldcrest a few months ago, I got one of those dreaded "uh-oh" calls regarding a part that needed replacing. I drove my '69 Camaro to the shop, one of the techs saw it in the parking lot and within a couple minutes, Bob and Steve (the owners) and all the tech were surrounding it, asking questions about the resto and wanting to see the engine. Here's a top-notch shop full of street and race GT3's (and a nice 911 SC Targa) and the techs are drooling over an old Camaro...priceless.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jackb911
+1000 on Goldcrest. The wait time is worth it. No "attitude" at all, everyone I have encountered there are true professionals and Bob, Steve and the techs are very friendly, knowledgeable car guys.

When my GT3 was at Goldcrest a few months ago, I got one of those dreaded "uh-oh" calls regarding a part that needed replacing. I drove my '69 Camaro to the shop, one of the techs saw it in the parking lot and within a couple minutes, Bob and Steve (the owners) and all the tech were surrounding it, asking questions about the resto and wanting to see the engine. Here's a top-notch shop full of street and race GT3's (and a nice 911 SC Targa) and the techs are drooling over an old Camaro...priceless.
Fully agree.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:49 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Well, I have owned Porsche's for longer than you've been alive, dealt with dealers from NC to Florida to Ca and Hennessy is BY FAR the best I've ever dealt with...and I know others (ie RL'er allans for example) who feel the same. That is why they are they are not only a Porsche Premier dealer but the #1 rated Porsche dealer in the US. I think you are in the minority here....would be interested in the specific issues you've had.

Dealing with dealers is a two way street...and I certainly approach them differently than when I was 25.

BTW, I know 2 of the 3 991 GT3's at Hennessy are "returns", where the owners got tired of waiting.

Bill
Agree. Purchased 4 cars from Hennessy and nothing but first rate experience.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT3 Market value