Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2008 GT3 Market value

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89;11368498 [B
I shouldn't have to "build a relationship" with a car dealership. Every time I've "needed" something from a dealer I've been ready to stroke a 4 figure service check.

[/B]Our clients don't "build a relationship" with my firm. They ask (or, more frequently, demand) and we provide. As soon as possible, 24/7/365, no excuses (vacation, childbirth, marriage, etc. - people on my team have sacrificed all of them over the past year).

There are other high-end (non-Porsche) dealers around town with a refreshingly different attitude, however.

I have a relationship with Brumos, and any new ones I'll order through them, no question. Unfortunately they are not close enough to use for anything else. At the rate things are going, however, there will probably not be many (any?) new ones in the future.
Hmmm...I think figured out your problem. You just don't get it and probably never will. In all honesty I felt the same way when I was 25 and I got ****ty service from the dealer. Oh well, cant say I didn't try....
Old 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Although I agree with the point about building some sort of " relationship " with a dealer,I do not agree with the " father to son " approach,being in my 30s myself. That's why I think it's best not to post your age,unless you want to be labeled as " inherited money " or " can't tie your own shoelaces " type of puppy.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 PM
TJ Elliott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
The simple fact is that you will have to work harder to gain their trust and respect.
Wow, this sounds so backwards to me! We'd be out of business so fast if we required our customers "to work hard to gain our trust and respect" before we allowed them the privilege of spending their hard earned money to purchase our product. Who's the customer here and what happened to the principle of a company earning the customers business? I'm a strong believer in building relationships and agree that there are benefits in doing so but this sounds so arrogant.

No offense intended, just my opinion.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ Elliott
Wow, this sounds so backwards to me! We'd be out of business so fast if we required our customers "to work hard to gain our trust and respect" before we allowed them the privilege of spending their hard earned money to purchase our product. Who's the customer here and what happened to the principle of a company earning the customers business? I'm a strong believer in building relationships and agree that there are benefits in doing so but this sounds so arrogant.

No offense intended, just my opinion.
no problem but you need to re-read my post; I said he would need to work harder simply because of his age...and that is a fact. As I noted, it happened to me when I was that age.

Not taking the side of the dealers, but Hennessy has an impeccable reputation, while "Guest" has an issue with BOTH dealers in Atlanta and has pissed off every member on another board with his "pedigree" arrogance. In other words, my posts were not about dealers but offering a little "guidance" to someone acting as foolishly as I did at that age. But, like me, he will figure it out the hard way.

Bill
Old 05-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSH
no problem but you need to re-read my post; I said he would need to work harder simply because of his age...and that is a fact. As I noted, it happened to me when I was that age.

Not taking the side of the dealers, but Hennessy has an impeccable reputation, while "Guest" has an issue with BOTH dealers in Atlanta and has pissed off every member on another board with his "pedigree" arrogance. In other words, my posts were not about dealers but offering a little "guidance" to someone acting as foolishly as I did at that age. But, like me, he will figure it out the hard way.

Bill
I think another way to look at it is that if you treat people the way you want to be treated, then they are more likely to be there for you when you need them. I like a lot of the guys at my local dealer (and still see some of the former associates as well). Great guys, and always look forward to seeing them. I did not comparison shop before I bought my Macan - wanted to keep dealing with the people I know.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Hmmm...I think figured out your problem. You just don't get it and probably never will. In all honesty I felt the same way when I was 25 and I got ****ty service from the dealer. Oh well, cant say I didn't try....
As long as cash leaves my pocket and goes into theirs, I'm not into fellating the dealer to beg for their services.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:05 AM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that this thread has gotten off topic ill add my opinion on the Atl dealers. Hennessey has been great to me over the past 10 years. I feel that Jim Ellis' sales and service lacks in comparison. Btw, where did Matt Bailey go? He was the best service advisor at any car dealership I've ever encountered.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:32 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH

^^This.

I agree with most of your points. Mainly building a relationship, etc.

Based on your posts you understand how to have business with professionals. Treat people how you want to be treated. It doesn't matter your age it's how you act, and mainly how you react to situations.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

I absolutely HATE getting Size-Up each time I go into a Porsche Showroom. Happens every time too. That's why I won't give business to Porsche of Bakersfield - seems like 70% of the sales people from their showroom, they are attached to a VW and Audi lot too, don't know their product from their ******* and a hole in the ground.

I always dress down Like I have just came from the beach and drive up in my mom's Prius just to see what reactions I will get out of them.

Funny enough I have been treated best by Porsche of Downtown LA and Porsche of Beverly Hills believe it or not. But the Beverly Hills Salesmen knew his stuff as so did I. They are extremely High Volume and get a lot of A la Carte order and just being able to talk the in and outs of the just sold, at that time, GT3RS4.0 in the Showroom helped me to get on equal footing. I'm 40 years old but I look 30 - everyone tells me I look thirty. I mean crap what do I have to do dress-up like Magnus Walker.

But I agree there are a lot of dumb asses who just want to go out and test drive a 911 or whatever which turns a good amount of salespeople off because there is always that prejudice there. So they often have to make snap decisions on whether "This Person" is serious or not. As for me I Never ask to test drive a car unless asked to do so. But this whole building a Relationship is fine and dandy if you want to work the ins and outs. Show up in pleaded pants and long sleeve button up shirt with a Lexus or some other BMW or Mercedes.

For me a good portion of it is sizing up the dealership so I don't get screwed like Mooty has so many times. Lessons are learned and we pass along to our friends what we have gathered.

The one thing that pisses me off the most about Bakersfield is I asked them if they had anymore invites to the new car test drive at the Quail last year. They told me No, but come to find out it's just a website anyone in the world can go to, register, and tests drive the car they want. Good lying there guys. I sent them a nice stern email after that as to why they would never receive my business. Some Sales Managers and Salespeople can take it in the ear, and no I'm not talking about talking either.

Besides, I think they must have monkeys ticking off the boxes when they order the cars for the lots. "Now please tell me again why I want Sport Chrono for my GT3 Track Car"? "Don't you know we call those clocks those extra clock 'Dash Warts' because the whole function does very little for someone who is going to track their car?"

Just wish more salespeople were IN-TUNE to forums such as this and they would learn a lot more than the Brochures they have laying around and training they never pay attention too!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree, my dash wart is useless. But I have never disliked it.

Some people are adaptable and can accept their environment. Some cannot.

I have grown to like my little dash wart. It seems I like it more each time someone speaks badly about it.

Thank You
Old 05-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

What gets me is every single GT3 comes with the wart. Wart is fine, if not a requirement on a Turbo, but the 3 just tells me the dealership was trying to jack up the price.

And when are we going to get Sport Seats? Are the 997 seats backwards compatible with the 991?

That and a Roll Cage is an option from the factory in many countries. I mean what is going on? I'm going to email Sascha and ask him. But a lot of times he plays stupid though I know he knows the answer.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH

Not taking the side of the dealers, but Hennessy has an impeccable reputation,

Bill
From my perspective Hennessey is the absolute worst dealership I have ever dealt with. One new car from them was enough for me.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

wart? none of my GT3 had warts except one, which i bought and sold in less than 24 hours. i didn't realize how bad the wart looked.....

dress up for dealer. no need. b/c even at BHills, most of the sales guys only recongize middlemkt labels. when you show them a tie that's more than their monthly commission, they think you are joking.... and they think blahnik shoes are $$$.. no need to dress up. they can't tell the real good stuff anyways. but i do treat them with respect, until they fail to return that respect. then i whip out ammunitions.

relationship bldg is important. but once must also be careful. bc you may be building a fake relationship that really brings you no good.

i digress....
just get the damn car and drive it.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
wart? none of my GT3 had warts except one, which i bought and sold in less than 24 hours. i didn't realize how bad the wart looked.....

dress up for dealer. no need. b/c even at BHills, most of the sales guys only recongize middlemkt labels. when you show them a tie that's more than their monthly commission, they think you are joking.... and they think blahnik shoes are $$$.. no need to dress up. they can't tell the real good stuff anyways. but i do treat them with respect, until they fail to return that respect. then i whip out ammunitions.

relationship bldg is important. but once must also be careful. bc you may be building a fake relationship that really brings you no good.

i digress....
just get the damn car and drive it.
Or skip the stealership and buy from a private party.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

The only thing I can suggest is to take the time to build relationships.
Agree with this. Am lucky that my dealership have car guys in both sales and in the shop. I do have my car serviced there in part because they have one of the best mechanics for GT3s. When I started looking for a GT3 (used) I was the first person they called when they had a GT3 coming in - days before it would be listed on their site. Got a fair deal on the price - they made money and I got the pick of the litter in terms of GT3s. Its a 2 way street.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT3 Market value