.2RS is far from a .1GT3.
Curious; do you know what colour PTS?

Vivian.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanCarpantier
PEAS & RICE! That is like over $300K in the USA - Bubble for sure. But remember cars like that even at MSRP cost way more in the UK, and OZ, compared to the States.

After everything has simmered down from the two itty-bitty fires that happened the Bubble will Burst. And the bottom will fall out...
Old 05-14-2014, 02:37 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 56 Posts

991 GT3: no manual, no Mezger, bad rep...I believe the bubble will last awhile longer. Time will tell, it's kinda like playing the stock market.

Thankfully, I don't have a dog in that fight since I'm neither selling nor buying.

BTW, Hennessy Porsche in ATL is showing 3 new 991 GT3's in inventory, two white, one Guards Red if anyone is interested.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jackb911
BTW, Hennessy Porsche in ATL is showing 3 new 991 GT3's in inventory, two white, one Guards Red if anyone is interested.
Woud you like to pay a "market adjustment" on the order of $20K for a car that you cannot drive?

There is no market for the 991 GT3 - there is absolutely zero supply whatsoever at the moment. No transactions, no market.

BTW, both dealers in Atlanta are absolute snakes and neither will see my business ever again.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guest89
Woud you like to pay a "market adjustment" on the order of $20K for a car that you cannot drive?

There is no market for the 991 GT3 - there is absolutely zero supply whatsoever at the moment. No transactions, no market.

BTW, both dealers in Atlanta are absolute snakes and neither will see my business ever again.
Just looked at the three GT3s at Hennessy and they are standard Sales Manager Configs that don't make too much sense beyond the Fire putter-outter and 90 Liter gas tanks! Dash Warts Abound.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Just looked at the three GT3s at Hennessy and they are standard Sales Manager Configs that don't make too much sense beyond the Fire putter-outter and 90 Liter gas tanks! Dash Warts Abound.
There are two dealers in Atlanta.

Hennessy is out in the new money suburbs (I am 25 and remember vividly when their parcel of land - and everything surrounding it, which now includes a nice mall and every big box store or chain restaurant you can imagine - was essentially rural farmland). They cater to the affluent suburbanite crowd moreso than the enthusiast, or at least that's the general impression most Atlanta-area Porsche enthusiasts have.

Meanwhile, Jim Ellis is closer in town and a smaller (physical) operation. They likely sell more sports cars as a percentage of overall volume.

Both, however, are exceptionally disreputable and have tried to screw me at every opportunity.

My impressions are echoed by a friend who is the former Manager of Dealer Allocation with PCNA.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
$80k low, $90k high.
thanks this is good to know as mine is now at 8200miles now with no track and nicely optioned.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:25 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

There are two dealers in Atlanta.

Hennessy is out in the new money suburbs (I am 25 and remember vividly when their parcel of land - and everything surrounding it, which now includes a nice mall and every big box store or chain restaurant you can imagine - was essentially rural farmland). They cater to the affluent suburbanite crowd moreso than the enthusiast, or at least that's the general impression most Atlanta-area Porsche enthusiasts have.

Meanwhile, Jim Ellis is closer in town and a smaller (physical) operation. They likely sell more sports cars as a percentage of overall volume.

Both, however, are exceptionally disreputable and have tried to screw me at every opportunity.

My impressions are echoed by a friend who is the former Manager of Dealer Allocation with PCNA.
Well, I have owned Porsche's for longer than you've been alive, dealt with dealers from NC to Florida to Ca and Hennessy is BY FAR the best I've ever dealt with...and I know others (ie RL'er allans for example) who feel the same. That is why they are they are not only a Porsche Premier dealer but the #1 rated Porsche dealer in the US. I think you are in the minority here....would be interested in the specific issues you've had.

Dealing with dealers is a two way street...and I certainly approach them differently than when I was 25.

BTW, I know 2 of the 3 991 GT3's at Hennessy are "returns", where the owners got tired of waiting.

Bill
Old 05-14-2014, 04:40 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
That is why they are they are not only a Porsche Premier dealer but the #1 rated Porsche dealer in the US.
I bought my Porsches from park place and they are the number one dealership too. That's so cool!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:42 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

They were offering leases on Boxsters and Caymans, regulars and S versions starting at $297 a month going up to $497 a month.

Get this, $7,777 due at signing with get this... with 5000 miles allowed per year for two years! That one deserves another Peas & Rice!

If I were to get a Cayman I would put 5000 miles on it in the first three or four months because of where I live and I just want to drive the Mickey Fickey! That has to be one of the sillious leases I have seen in my entire Life. And I remember when a "Standard" Lease started out at 15,000 a year - back in the good ole Lexus SC 400 days. Man how 5h!7 changes while other 5h!7 stays the same...
Old 05-14-2014, 04:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Screw stealerships period. I will not give them the business because I only buy nicer cars from private sellers and I'll never go service a car there unless it's free (extended maintenance or under a free maintenance program like BMW has). I'll give my business to good reputable shops to maintain my cars.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by WSH
Well, I have owned Porsche's for longer than you've been alive, dealt with dealers from NC to Florida to Ca and Hennessy is BY FAR the best I've ever dealt with...and I know others (ie RL'er allans for example) who feel the same. That is why they are they are not only a Porsche Premier dealer but the #1 rated Porsche dealer in the US. I think you are in the minority here....would be interested in the specific issues you've had.

Dealing with dealers is a two way street...and I certainly approach them differently than when I was 25.

BTW, I know 2 of the 3 991 GT3's at Hennessy are "returns", where the owners got tired of waiting.

Bill
That's great that they want your business!

But they evidently don't want mine, based on less than satisfactory experiences I've had with the sales department and the service department.

I was shopping for a car during winter of 2012 and inquired (over the phone) about test driving a 993 that Hennessy had on the lot. Red C2 with tan interior. I made an appointment to drive the car on Saturday afternoon, a few days later. I arrived at the appointed time and asked for the salesperson with whom I'd spoken. He comes out and says "I'm sorry, son, there must have been a misunderstanding - we don't let kids joy ride in our cars." I bought my 993 in a private party transaction a week later.

About 9 months later I was driving the 993 back to Atlanta from my parents' house in North Georgia, again on a Saturday. I stopped at the Barnes & Noble by North Point. I returned to the car to discover a broken drive belt. No problem, it's 9:30 on a Saturday and I'm less than 2 miles from a "Premier" Porsche dealer. I call and ask them if they can take the car in if I get AAA to tow it over. Reply: "Sorry, we're slammed dude. Call back next week. *click*"
So there I was stranded within walking distance from the dealer, who wouldn't even allow me to drop the car off.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:07 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

That's great that they want your business!

But they evidently don't want mine, based on less than satisfactory experiences I've had with the sales department and the service department.

I was shopping for a car during winter of 2012 and inquired (over the phone) about test driving a 993 that Hennessy had on the lot. Red C2 with tan interior. I made an appointment to drive the car on Saturday afternoon, a few days later. I arrived at the appointed time and asked for the salesperson with whom I'd spoken. He comes out and says "I'm sorry, son, there must have been a misunderstanding - we don't let kids joy ride in our cars." I bought my 993 in a private party transaction a week later.

About 9 months later I was driving the 993 back to Atlanta from my parents' house in North Georgia, again on a Saturday. I stopped at the Barnes & Noble by North Point. I returned to the car to discover a broken drive belt. No problem, it's 9:30 on a Saturday and I'm less than 2 miles from a "Premier" Porsche dealer. I call and ask them if they can take the car in if I get AAA to tow it over. Reply: "Sorry, we're slammed dude. Call back next week. *click*"
So there I was stranded within walking distance from the dealer, who wouldn't even allow me to drop the car off.
The only thing I can suggest is to take the time to build relationships.
When I moved to Atlanta in 1996, Jim Ellis was the only game in town and they knew it. OK service, sales etc so when Hennessy opened I took the time to build relationships. Met Scott Hamilton in sales and ultimately bought 2 vehicles from him and have sent him many customers...how do you think Scott treats me ?

Worked with the outstanding Matt Bailey in service but always took the time to talk with Zac also...found out he was a real gearhead and VW guy. So everytime I was in SoCal at Cars & Coffee I always took photos of the Ghia's and emailed them to Zac. Now Matt is gone unfortunately and I deal with Zac...how do you think he treats me ?

While waiting for service always take the time to talk not only with Zac & Scott but the GM (Mark) and the Finance Mg. Michael as well...now Michael Caldwell is the Sales Manager...do you think that helps my chances of getting in line for one of the limited production cars ?

When I go for service I have a very specific list....must be on a clear day with no rain/ wait for service, no overnights / only Ralph Sims works on my car / no test drive / no car wash. At EVERY one of the Hennessy special events I always take time to go back and spend time with Ralph..do you think I have any issues getting my car serviced per the routine above ? no

I bought my first Porsche when I was 20, and got the same treatment. The simple fact is that you will have to work harder to gain their trust and respect. Most 20-somethings ARE there for test drives or to take pictures. Think about your own line of work...who is more likely to be taken seriously, a 25 year old or a well dressed 50 year old ? We like to stereotype dealers as "stealers" or "thieves" but they are business people who have to make the right decisions for their business. Ironic that we stereotype them but get pissed when they do the same to us...

Take the time to build relationships when you DON'T need something from them and it will pay dividends later on. As noted at your age you will have to work harder at it. At the end if that doesn't work then certainly move on. But never say never, there are only 2 dealers here and you may want one of the new cars one day soon.

YMMV

Bill
Old 05-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by WSH

Bill
Originally Posted by ranger22
I bought my Porsches from park place and they are the number one dealership too. That's so cool!
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Screw stealerships period. I will not give them the business because I only buy nicer cars from private sellers and I'll never go service a car there unless it's free (extended maintenance or under a free maintenance program like BMW has). I'll give my business to good reputable shops to maintain my cars.
Originally Posted by WSH
The only thing I can suggest is to take the time to build relationships.
When I moved to Atlanta in 1996, Jim Ellis was the only game in town and they knew it. OK service, sales etc so when Hennessy opened I took the time to build relationships. Met Scott Hamilton in sales and ultimately bought 2 vehicles from him and have sent him many customers...how do you think Scott treats me ?

Worked with the outstanding Matt Bailey in service but always took the time to talk with Zac also...found out he was a real gearhead and VW guy. So everytime I was in SoCal at Cars & Coffee I always took photos of the Ghia's and emailed them to Zac. Now Matt is gone unfortunately and I deal with Zac...how do you think he treats me ?

While waiting for service always take the time to talk not only with Zac & Scott but the GM (Mark) and the Finance Mg. Michael as well...now Michael Caldwell is the Sales Manager...do you think that helps my chances of getting in line for one of the limited production cars ?

When I go for service I have a very specific list....must be on a clear day with no rain/ wait for service, no overnights / only Ralph Sims works on my car / no test drive / no car wash. At EVERY one of the Hennessy special events I always take time to go back and spend time with Ralph..do you think I have any issues getting my car serviced per the routine above ? no

I bought my first Porsche when I was 20, and got the same treatment. The simple fact is that you will have to work harder to gain their trust and respect. Most 20-somethings ARE there for test drives or to take pictures. Think about your own line of work...who is more likely to be taken seriously, a 25 year old or a well dressed 50 year old ? We like to stereotype dealers as "stealers" or "thieves" but they are business people who have to make the right decisions for their business. Ironic that we stereotype them but get pissed when they do the same to us...

Take the time to build relationships when you DON'T need something from them and it will pay dividends later on. As noted at your age you will have to work harder at it. At the end if that doesn't work then certainly move on. But never say never, there are only 2 dealers here and you may want one of the new cars one day soon.

YMMV

Bill
I shouldn't have to "build a relationship" with a car dealership. Every time I've "needed" something from a dealer I've been ready to stroke a 4 figure service check.

Our clients don't "build a relationship" with my firm. They ask (or, more frequently, demand) and we provide. As soon as possible, 24/7/365, no excuses (vacation, childbirth, marriage, etc. - people on my team have sacrificed all of them over the past year).

There are other high-end (non-Porsche) dealers around town with a refreshingly different attitude, however.

I have a relationship with Brumos, and any new ones I'll order through them, no question. Unfortunately they are not close enough to use for anything else. At the rate things are going, however, there will probably not be many (any?) new ones in the future.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT3 Market value