Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cf 4.0 plenum and cup airbox insert

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014 | 12:53 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Guys, I am the buyer of the plenum and want to make it known that there have been issues with the delivery and quality of the product. I'm giving the vendor a chance to explain his side of the story before coming out with a negative story. I would hold your purchases until we figure out what's really going on.

I will retract this post and apologize to the vendor if it proves that my concerns are unfounded. But I'm looking at fairly factual evidence that tells me I should be concerned about the product I received.

Last edited by CRex; 03-28-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:01 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any specifics on the "quality" issues?
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:19 PM
michaelmount123
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Guys, I am the buyer of the plenum and want to make it known that there have been issues with the delivery and quality of the product. I'm giving the vendor a chance to explain his side of the story before coming out with a negative story. I would hold your purchases until we figure out what's really going on.

I will retract this post and apologize to the vendor if it proves that my suspicions are unfounded. But I'm looking at fairly factual evidence that tells me I should be concerned about the product I received.
That's quite an alarming post based on a "suspicion" How about filling us in; or retract until you have something substantial. Give the guy a break - and the readers too!
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:19 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Will defer the specifics until the vendor's had a chance to respond. I got pictures detailing the multiple issues, and they're of a sufficient magnitude that two of my trusted indies here have both recommended against installing the plenum at this point.
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:24 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by michaelmount123
That's quite an alarming post based on a "suspicion" How about filling us in; or retract until you have something substantial. Give the guy a break - and the readers too!
"Suspicion" was figure of speech to give the vendor benefit of doubt. Would you be happier if I just leveled accusations at the vendor outright? That's not my way of conduct and hence I left room for retraction should I be proven entirely wrong. Also, I would not have come out with my post had the vendor not used my picture and identity without my permission to promote his product.

I wish to have no association with the promotion of any product whose quality I'm not able to ascertain. Two indies with no conflicts of interest whatsoever have advised me against installing the product so far. We're evidently beyond suspicions.

Last edited by CRex; 03-28-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:46 PM
michaelmount123
Rennlist Member

The appropriate 'way of conduct' would be to get the vendors response before posting ANYTHING. He's a phone call away. I can already see you won't admit error, though. I hope you're right….
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:55 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

You may wish to take it easy before lecturing me on behavior. I'd give you too benefit of doubt, since you probably don't know the genesis of the order and the purchase experience. That is a private matter and my post is specific to product quality.

I do not take your condescending tone lightly. There is power in public disclosure and I am a firm believer in that. Patronize all you will, I will only find your stance curious...

Originally Posted by michaelmount123
The appropriate 'way of conduct' would be to get the vendors response before posting ANYTHING. He's a phone call away. I can already see you won't admit error, though. I hope you're right….
Old 03-28-2014 | 01:57 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P.J.S.
Any specifics on the "quality" issues?
PJS, since we're in the same camp, I've sent you a detailed PM.
Old 03-28-2014 | 03:09 PM
michaelmount123
Rennlist Member

I've now read the 'complaints' and the OP making the unsubstantiated remarks is way out of line, plain silly, and clearly exposes he has no engineering background or knowledge. He's passing on second hand opinions from unnamed sources.

One of his three complaints is that he received his product "a whole month late". Wow….

I'm looking for a GIF showing someone getting bitch slapped.

I have one of these plenums, and have the appropriate engineering and engine development background to comment on it's quality and function. I'll post my findings with before and after dyno results in the next week or two. I assure you the report will be factual, first hand, and have a scientific basis.

I've no affiliation with the plenum supplier, but I know how ignorant criticisms and accusations can negatively affect a small business.
Old 03-28-2014 | 03:21 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you. Since you claim to be using the same product I'll send you a couple pics and you tell me what you think. Stay to the facts and stop trying to insult me, you can't. The more you try the more ignorant you sound.
Old 03-28-2014 | 03:30 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Message received
I do not have any of the same technical concerns nor did my engine builder etc

Part makes the pow
They are handmade so maybe there is a variance that would explain my satisfaction and your dissatisfaction

Good luck in resolving your issues amicably - is returning it an option?
Autosea is good people IMHO
Old 03-28-2014 | 03:34 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey we are all on the same side, looking for a quality part for our cars, let's work WITH each other instead of name calling. I was glad to get this info, I have had one engine destroyed by a faulty STOCK manifold (screw came off the shaft) and I don't want another issue.

Hopefully we will find out what's up, maybe some just need to be coated with more epoxy on the inside.
Old 03-29-2014 | 12:06 AM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I was originally commissioned to provide service and to build the plenum discussed in this Rennlist post. I have been contacted outside this forum requesting additional parts built. I agreed to build additional parts on a small scale to meet the interest. These parts are built by my best effort to reproduce the part in the original post. For every part sold I have clearly stated to the recieving customer that if there is any problem or concerns to let me know so I can provide solution. I am suprised to here this unproductive technical discussion when I have not had any contact from the buyer.
Old 03-29-2014 | 01:36 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

For the record the vendor and I have exchanged emails hours before his post immediately above. In his defence, he stated flat out that he'll take the product back and we will figure out how to proceed.

Any vendor should know that the internet is an open forum. Ship a product that doesn't do right by the customer and people WILL state their opinions. Some of these opinions are backed by facts, and that's what make them legitimate concerns.

I'm not out to torpedo a vendor, but I paid a sizable sum for a part that two indies with legit engine-building experience have expressed concerns about. If people continue to question the legitimacy of my concerns, and with the permission of the involved vendor, I'm just gonna post pics and state the facts for all to see. But it doesn't have to turn into one trainwreck of a show, does it?

The intent of the original post was merely to state a problem so potential buyers will be aware. That is legit. RL has never been about being hush-hush so that problems can get swept under the rug. For flame wars and one-sided promos there are always the other forums. I'd like to continue to have faith that this is a place for the more caring and technical crowd. One that sees vendors' work validated if they are up to stuff. And most of the time they are. Just not my experience this time.

Last edited by CRex; 03-29-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-29-2014 | 12:58 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

If the vendor has agreed to do good by you then end this $hit. No need to continue going over something that has been resolved and good on the vendor for standing by their product. Mistakes happen and as long as they're fixed then that's all we can ask.

Quick Reply: Cf 4.0 plenum and cup airbox insert