Thunderhill, NorCal DE crew question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
mikymu - brakes and cool suit are the two _BEST_ upgrades I've done to my car!

awesome vid! Thanks for posting.
Sure thing. Next time don't point me by so quick and make me earn it.
I have cool shirt and its still freaking hot. Helmet blower next

Originally Posted by medpilot105
There's a 20 second delta in red group between drivers?
I was doing 1:55 to 1:58 and there are cars that are barely doing 2:15
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu

I was doing 1:55 to 1:58 and there are cars that are barely doing 2:15
So is this bad? 2:15? I'm doing 2:12 and I feel really GOOD about it. So what are you saying? I should be ashamed and stay away from T-Hill? Just because you're fast (and run down people like my M3 friend) doesn't mean you need to belittle slower folks. Maybe it's time you rent your own race track so we normal "mortals" can be saved from you...
PS: One reason I don't run NCRC in open anymore is because folks like mikymyu think they own the track...
Old 07-21-2013, 12:00 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Horstair
So is this bad? 2:15? I'm doing 2:12 and I feel really GOOD about it. So what are you saying? I should be ashamed and stay away from T-Hill? Just because you're fast (and run down people like my M3 friend) doesn't mean you need to belittle slower folks. Maybe it's time you rent your own race track so we normal "mortals" can be saved from you...
PS: One reason I don't run NCRC in open anymore is because folks like mikymyu think they own the track...
Horsthair or horseass whatever your name maybe. Its time for you to check with your proctologist and get that constipated mass out of your rear end. I tried to be nice with you in the past when you mouth off about me and my friends and looks like being nice with you don't work. So here Is the scoop, I am not talking about you as much as you like to imagine I am. This is a free country and you can run with any track group you chose and I don't care what you think about me or anyone else for that matter when your psychosis act up

I have no problem running with folks on the track with 20 seconds delta or more and at times I am the slower car when I drive my civic. Take my advice, stop pretending you know what we are talking about between myself and my friends
Old 07-21-2013, 12:05 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,737 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I've been thinking about passing rules in Red Group - it's hard to tell if people "want" a point by or they are settling in and would like a lead follow…I know sometimes I'm fine being behind someone and just following them and other times I want a point

I've been thinking of suggesting "lights-on/lights-flash" mean's you want a point - and if your lights are "off" then you're happy to settle in behind them and they should "do their best" and see if you can keep up…

I love lead/follow and sometimes I want to lead and other times follow - so I'm interested in a specific gesture while on track that's easy to see so that people's intentions are clear, simple and I don't "hold people" up…
Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mikymu = hammer picture - bad week... i ran over something on the freeway and later i found out that it was hammer that split into my side skirt of my dd... i just laughed when i saw it. SO whats the chance .. wth.. dirty LA freeway.

I like the video mikymu... mooty was just tailing you the whole time.. great driving both of you guys... much to learn from your videos. Any overlay to show gas/brake % input?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

The middle finger in the windshield also works if you think the car in front of you has any doubts.
I never see Eddie's or Erik's middle finger.

After that it's simple, you get the blue flag, let them pass and follow them if you can, they get blue flag. Than you Give all the corner workers thumbs up and start practicing the brake check technique by tapping brake pedal right after you go full throttle towards the apex. Do this till black *** so you can sort it out in the pit.

That, or do like some (I would not know how to do it, but some do) make the car go so sideways during or right after the point by that the passing cars are too scared to put the car next to you. You must of course be sideways and respect using only half the track. This is not racing

Kormaster great avatar, I also want a hammer in my skirt or a lawn chair in my grill.. Almost hit a lawn chair today with my rental car..
Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I've been thinking about passing rules in Red Group - it's hard to tell if people "want" a point by or they are settling in and would like a lead follow…I know sometimes I'm fine being behind someone and just following them and other times I want a point

I've been thinking of suggesting "lights-on/lights-flash" mean's you want a point - and if your lights are "off" then you're happy to settle in behind them and they should "do their best" and see if you can keep up…

I love lead/follow and sometimes I want to lead and other times follow - so I'm interested in a specific gesture while on track that's easy to see so that people's intentions are clear, simple and I don't "hold people" up…
i dont like point by. i like to follow. i am much faster behind you. i slow down when i have no rabbits. just let me by right before checker flag in a race ;-)
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I don't mind pointby's .... as long as its pregrid : ). Mike
Old 07-21-2013, 01:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I don't mind pointby's .... as long as its pregrid : ). Mike
i will always point you by with my longest finger.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:58 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Trakcar= lawn chair will be interesting... It will affect the aero for sure... Hammer messed up corner balance of my Prius.. Car wouldn't drive straight and used up all my battery charge.

Mooty = the video was epic when u rolled out ur finger... I liked the emotional rupture of fury as you stuck that finger out.. I was rolling on the floor
Old 07-21-2013, 02:01 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Mikymu's last vid looks great!!! Pretty awesome for only 5 trackdays under belt in 6 cup. I want more : ). 1:54 is not to far away- I'm pretty sure. I know where u can shave 1.5 seconds- just don't do what I do in the backside : ). Mike
Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by medpilot105
There's a 20 second delta in red group between drivers?
Originally Posted by mooty
i will always point you by with my longest finger.
I've learned not to pass u. Second place is not bad.
Passing u and spinning off thereafter not good. Mike
Old 07-21-2013, 03:21 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

996flt6 -you should post more.. your avatar keeps getting better!!!!!!!

mikymu and mooty chasing each other... freaking fun to watch playing tag
Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Horstair
Man, talk about a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

There's nothing wrong with being a slow driver. We are all learning, and we are all moving at a different pace. However, there IS something wrong with poor track etiquette. I seem to recall a particular individual (you) in a white GT3 that thought he owned Sonoma Raceway and refused to let by a faster white GT3 after he had been in his rear for quite some time. The poor GT3 that was forced to follow you got sick of it and decided to pass you under braking into an 'illegal' passing corner. In YOUR own words, this is NOT a race. Yet one of your statements in your tirade on my friend afterwards would suggest otherwise. While you were going ape **** on my friend, you said "Passing me there was the only way you could GET me." Obviously you knew he was on your ***. Obviously you were trying to keep ahead of him, but couldn't. You should have checked your ego at the door, swallowed your pride, and pointed him by. We all have different ways of dealing with people like you. I make humorous (to some) videos, and my friend decided he had enough and passed you 'illegally' (debatable if it truly was illegal).

You can feel good about your 2:12 at Thill, but the fact of the matter is, your GT3 is much more capable than that in stock form. If there's one thing that is for certain, there will always be people faster than you. Check your ego at the door and point people by when they are faster than you. If they're on your bumper, they're faster than you. Trying to fight it only leads to incidents like spinouts, tirades, car damage, and videos being posted. Look at bensf's video and that camaro. I don't know what that guy was thinking, but he ended up in the grass. He almost caused a train wreck at turn 14. I'm glad mooty and ben came out ok.

BTW, you don't own rennlist either. I'm not sure why you had to go on a tirade on Mike in CA for posting about a new car that he is enthusiastic about. Just because you don't like it, doesn't give you the right to tell him what he can/can't post about.

You've got to talk to someone about that temper of yours. I thought mine was bad...

Last edited by orthojoe; 07-21-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Video was bensf's, not mikymu
Old 07-21-2013, 12:51 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Joe said above and you must like point by group because you feel empowered by holding up faster people. Drivers in open group certainly won't put up with your shenanigans. Btw we have a mutual friend that says you're a good guy and I believe him. Something must come out when you feel slighted or you think there is injustice in a track environment. I witnessed your tirade at Sears Point and I am the one that pointed out to Doug Gale that your comment suggests that you knew the other driver was on you for a long time but neglected to point him by. Doesn't your action imply that your are acting like you own the track? Isn't this what your are accusing mikymu of acting like? Being on track should be a fun escape shared with good friends, who needs all this drama.

Quick Reply: Thunderhill, NorCal DE crew question