The Million Dollar RS Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
while I c ur point, it's not all true
I have a good friends who has multiple rs, even same color and option.i think he bought them bc he is diseased. sell? well yes in 15 yrs when he's bored maybe. appreciation in price? great but I think his income level would make any appreciation on those cars look like the allowances I give my 4yo ( that would b 1 Penny for wiping the kitchen floor or 1 Popsicle for drying 8 race car wheels).

I sometimes have multiple rs
I lose money on everyone
if u inc tax, Its about 40-50000 per car I lose
it's a disease
most ppl buying rs are all fking stupid and diseased. in particular those on RL. Trakcar is a friend of mine he on his 4th, secretcollector is no doubt in deep need of mental help, I'm already beyond hope, several others I know personally have either multiple rs same time or have bought and sold rs over and over? why? we r all diseased

btw, I'm a psychiatrist. I do remote therapy. pm me for info. my charge is low. I will end up save u money once u quit buying rs.

go ahead and challenge my thoughts
wow..psychiatrist....but..you cant cure me....and even if you would - I mean - if one would take away my babies (cars) now..I think then I would get depressive..really. These cars provide so much fun and joy..and nothing is better then driving these cars (I agree here fully with secretcarcollector - driving them on the streets etc is at least as attractive as on track) and I think you should rather prescribe people that are burned out from work, family etc..- a 997 GT variant!..

At least it works for me..the GT3 and GT2 are like a "drug"...but in a sense that they make you happy..and this without any medication or any artifical substances..so - think about my words next time a "fragile person" walks into your office..

These things can do miracles...and even if one looses 40K on them..medication is also expensive and mostly not good for our health either....
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Gt3 addicts need PSYCHOiatrists not psychiatrists!!!! Mike
Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Gt3 addicts need PSYCHOiatrists not psychiatrists!!!! Mike
sorry, did I misspell again
Old 03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I only buy things I like. If it goes up that's great if it doesn't that's fine with me. Mike
I c
those young babble ***** u sleep with certainly point UP
Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by StatmanDesigns
So you think the people buying multiple 4.0RS in the $300K region are going to drive them? Interesting...
No I said a 4.0. Most I know actually track them even, seems like there are always a couple of 4.0's on the track lately.
Never seen a CGT on track.

while I c ur point, it's not all true
I have a good friends who has multiple rs, even same color and option.i think he bought them bc he is diseased. sell? well yes in 15 yrs when he's bored maybe. appreciation in price? great but I think his income level would make any appreciation on those cars look like the allowances I give my 4yo ( that would b 1 Penny for wiping the kitchen floor or 1 Popsicle for drying 8 race car wheels).

I sometimes have multiple rs
I lose money on everyone
if u inc tax, Its about 40-50000 per car I lose
it's a disease
most ppl buying rs are all fking stupid and diseased. in particular those on RL. Trakcar is a friend of mine he on his 4th, secretcollector is no doubt in deep need of mental help, I'm already beyond hope, several others I know personally have either multiple rs same time or have bought and sold rs over and over? why? we r all diseased

btw, I'm a psychiatrist. I do remote therapy. pm me for info. my charge is low. I will end up save u money once u quit buying rs.

go ahead and challenge my thoughts
Crack dealer running a halfway house.

No doubt CGT are costly to maintain...4.0RS out of warranty will be cheap? Also, you are assuming that the people paying $300k for 4.0RS will be driving them. If you had the means to purchase a $400K car, and you did not own a 4.0RS or a CGT which would you buy first...4.0RS for $300k or CGT for $350k? People do not buy either of these cars with their last money.
4.0's out of warranty cost the same to run as any GT3.

there r not many stock virgin rs for sales bc most drive them
there r several rs for sale now
three 3.8 RS on RL inc mine, again I'm diseased. probably buy one same color fove seconds after I sell mine.

many ppl have multiple houses, sell one at great price move to the other house.
Not many virgins around for sure.

I am quite familiar with car disease and A.D.D. My brother has had every variation of every Porsche and recently sold his PTS 4.0RS to secretcollector, in addition he has had every Ferrari (scud, 16M, 458, California, FF, just saw his new 458 spider arrived), and an MP4-12C. I also agree with you that buying RS cars is not a money maker...
Not money makers, but I depreciated my last 4 Porsches in the last 5 years far less than any of the regular, see them 3 deep at the valet ***** extentions you mention.

Originally Posted by perfectlap
It's no different than stocks. People tend to hold onto a winner well past the point of maximum value. If there is almost nothing to buy then that's all the more reason to cash out when it's already well understood that the next 'investment' will have the highest cost of entry yet.
And from my viewpoint it seems that #1) GT3 guys only buy GT3s and #2) a lot of 991 GT3 are going to be sold because most really don't care that its PDK only. GT3's are like mountain bikes, they're mass produced and seldom see the trail.

So the end game is pretty clear: sell now if you don't plan to keep it forever, you'll never have more leverage.
Peaks and valleys surely, but trending higher.

Originally Posted by Nizer
The people pushing the seller's market angle are primarily those hoping a 997 RS will fall into their laps on the cheap or those trying to convince themselves how much better the 991 GT3 is.

Supply will go up when 991 RS eventually hits but I wouldn't expect it to replicate the bumps seen with the 996 RS/997 RS and 997.1 RS/997.2 RS transitions.

991 RS will be significantly more expensive - anticipate an optioned car approaching $200k out the door - which will dimish attraction for track junkies.

997 RS represents last of Mezger/manual providing some historical/sentimental value. Many like me will keep current car and add a 991 GT-something unless somebody comes along and offers a number on current car that can't be ignored.

Those hoping for a 20%-30% cliff dive for clean, low-mile 997 RS's are likely to be disappointed.
Stable market until the 991RS arrives, then all RS will trend up.
Does not matter how good it will be. It will create room to go up, while I'm sticking to my story that the 996GT3 is such a firm bottom that the rest does not have room to go down.

Originally Posted by richk
Statman

If the delta was only 50k I would get the CGT.
I would not. Cant afford to drive it.

I think we are real close to that being the delta. Especially given that CGT were made in such larger quantities. So now either the CGT should start really jumping higher, or the 4.0RS is inflated. But, the people driving the 4.0RS market think the CGT was over produced, and that will keep their prices in check. My conclusion is therefore, the 4.0RS market is artificially inflated. But only time will tell...
You're not making and sense to me, comparing pineapples with oranges.
Your conclusion in my opinion is as hazelnutty as a jar of Nutella..
Than again, look at where you are posting, you're probably the only normal one.

I only buy things I like. If it goes up that's great if it doesn't that's fine with me. Mike
Dont start with the logical sensible posts please. This is not the place.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Peter, I am hurt that you quoted and addressed half of the RL membership above but not me!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche.collector
wow..psychiatrist....but..you cant cure me....and even if you would - I mean - if one would take away my babies (cars) now..I think then I would get depressive..really. These cars provide so much fun and joy..and nothing is better then driving these cars (I agree here fully with secretcarcollector - driving them on the streets etc is at least as attractive as on track) and I think you should rather prescribe people that are burned out from work, family etc..- a 997 GT variant!..

At least it works for me..the GT3 and GT2 are like a "drug"...but in a sense that they make you happy..and this without any medication or any artifical substances..so - think about my words next time a "fragile person" walks into your office..

These things can do miracles...and even if one looses 40K on them..medication is also expensive and mostly not good for our health either....
Originally Posted by secretcollector
Peter, I am hurt that you quoted and addressed half of the RL membership above but not me!
Sorry, OP.
I was waiting for your reply, I can barely type with 2 fingers so it took me almost an hour.. I consider it weird to hire a secretary to dictate rennlist posts so; How many of you dictate?

And yes, these pages and GT3's are very good medicine. Keeps me from losing the will to live. That's worth something.

Lets get back off topic, we need to get you on track, this was my last lap with the 4.0, its been too long and I'm starting to lose the will to live.....
FF to 4:00 You can see 2, two!!4.0's at the track.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 03-26-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well, where were u when I bought 500,000 shares of AAPL at 700 on my birthdate huh?
Time to sell more Cohibas... might want to hurry up though... the guys wearing the red shirts in Cuba and Venezuela are really getting old. They'll be selling legal contraband at 7-11 soon.

my XLM, Newsboy, mojo, ybb are plenty dirty and not mass produced?
okay you're screen name makes sense now. Newsboys are cool.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=996FLT6;10333885]Gt3 addicts need PSYCHOiatrists not psychiatrists!!!! Mike[/QUOTE]

thanks for the correction...

But with your girlfriend there...I think you might need also one..(joke)..
Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by perfectlap
Time to sell more Cohibas... might want to hurry up though... the guys wearing the red shirts in Cuba and Venezuela are really getting old. They'll be selling legal contraband at 7-11 soon.

okay you're screen name makes sense now. Newsboys are cool.
sim e we r off topic
sound like u ride too
I had every single model of moots back the ...now moots ain't the same anymore. new Merlin sux and seven is struggling....

bk to rs
Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

@secretcollector- nice buy on Statman's orange PTS 4.0! I've seen it in person many times. Nice spec other than the adaptive seats. And although he indeed gets every iteration of Porsche and Ferrari, he really doesn't drive them so you got a good car. Haha I think the guys at the dealer put more miles on the 4.0 taking it back and forth to him and to and from shows than he did! Congrats!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Scott, be fair to me when you take the shot about the seats: they're also heated!

Thanks, although you wouldn't recognize the car today. It actually arrived to me with 1,000 miles on it, that's high for one of mine. But I will be driving this one as soon as the weather turns, I promise.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Haha- the *** seats aren't that bad for street use. It just seems strange to see them in an RS.

What is different about it that would make it unrecognizable? Did you remove the decals or something?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

[quote=Porsche.collector;10334156]
Gt3 addicts need PSYCHOiatrists not psychiatrists!!!! Mike[/QUOTE]

thanks for the correction...

But with your girlfriend there...I think you might need also one..(joke)..
I need an optometrist- I always see things in two now. Mike
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Surprise, surprise....

Quick Reply: The Million Dollar RS Question