Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Texas Two Step...pics n vids

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a dramatic difference in this event and the one from Drivers Edge, and the 1500 feet of oil spill was in a word unforgivable. He pulled out of his paddock pouring out oil and no one noticed. I agree the RL crowd was not the cause we just got the negative results. And the Red flags are beyond dangerous, strange other than some horrific accidents I've never even seen one. At COTA they flew at the drop of a hat. Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to see you guys again, Frankly after this past weekend I'm not sure if I want to go back up to COTA.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackToyz
Car setup or line choice/driving adjustments? Curious...
Line choice, gear selection, and shift points. After angrily pouring over Nick's data sat night and sunday morning while on the crapper, desperately trying to figure out how he was kicking my *** so bad, something stood out. After a quick debrief with Nick and confirmation from Seth, tried it out. Big ***** move but it paid off. I let Nick try crazy **** first

Originally Posted by tasman
That lady was awesome.
Whatever they're paying her, she needs a raise. Great attitude. I looked forward to coming through the gate to see what she would do next

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Um, who hijacked DD's account?
Because I actually said something nice?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Line choice, gear selection, and shift points. After angrily pouring over Nick's data sat night and sunday morning while on the crapper, desperately trying to figure out how he was kicking my *** so bad, something stood out. After a quick debrief with Nick and confirmation from Seth, tried it out. Big ***** move but it paid off. I let Nick try crazy **** first

Whatever they're paying her, she needs a raise. Great attitude. I looked forward to coming through the gate to see what she would do next

Because I actually said something nice?
What corner and what was the solution?

Agreed on the entrance lady. She cracked me up. Hard to get a smile going after staying out so late on Saturday night but she got me.

Yes, you must have been delirious from the 20 hour ride. Back to normal please.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Here is a 2:09 lap from this past weekend. Keith Verges in a Radical SR8. Damn.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sstjohn
What corner and what was the solution?

Agreed on the entrance lady. She cracked me up. Hard to get a smile going after staying out so late on Saturday night but she got me.

Yes, you must have been delirious from the 20 hour ride. Back to normal please.
I did take great delight kicking your *** in my old 35k mile GT jalopy, even after your tune. No need to rub it in. Well, there is a need but it's far more fun in person. Ok, apparently I'm back to my old self

Now back to being Tony Robbins positive me.

Looking at Nick's data, he was getting 10-13 mph faster going into 13. While his car is a tad quicker, I knew something was amiss. The key is slowing the entry into 8, getting to the right for 9, turning the front end into 9 and going WOT all the way to 11. It's almost awkward going so slow through 8 and 9, but the setup for that high speed short straight gets you way more time. The big ***** part was holding 3rd all the way through 10. You straighten up just in time before banging the rev limiter at 8400 or so. Scary as fawk doing it as the car is screaming almost at redline through the apex of the that downhill corner. It Nick hadn't tried it first I never would have. Short shifting into 4th before 10 was a huge time suck between the shift itself and the loss of torque.

The other small adjustments were getting more midtrack versus all the way to the outside of the 4 hairpins and slowing down. They are throw away corners and it doesn't seem to help by late apexing them with more speed. T12 and T20 are critically important as they are the launch to big long high speed straights. Slow down to the point where you can nail the thottle at or slight before the apex. More to be gained go faster down those straights than a few extra mph through the corner. I was trying too hard on Saturday to carry speed through corners resulting in a lot of tail wagging and wasted time.

Nick also turned me on to a slightly more mid track entrance to the esses. Far better attack point as you can dive in in a straight line. All the way to the right just adds more track and makes it harder to get back over. Trick is downshifting into 3rd from 4th for that brief second the car is straight before the first right. Another Nick big ***** move but it works.

Glad we have Nick who is crazy or dumb enough to try this stuff

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Somewhere in there is a compliment, to which I will enjoy to the fullest....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

It's veiled with insults. Can't let any of this go to your head. If it got any bigger it might explode. There isn't enough paper towels in the world to clean up that much feta.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
jenk12m
Banned

i think nick stole the line through the esses from me after i was kicking his **** through there. dont know if he will ever admit it though
Old 02-05-2013, 06:12 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Wouldn't count on it.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
i think nick stole the line through the esses from me after i was kicking his **** through there. dont know if he will ever admit it though
Please.... My spartan fearlessness catapulted me to victory. Wouldnt be surprised if your fluid leak was a made up story to save yourself the embarrassment.

Dont mess with Niko the kicker....
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 PM
jenk12m
Banned

lol, are you for the AFC or NFC?? aww man
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
El Matador
Instructor

Originally Posted by jenk12m
lol, are you for the AFC or NFC?? aww man
You don't think I'm a kicker? Look at these legs...
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I wish I had been a fly on the wall to hear that conversation...
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
jenk12m
Banned

That night was classic
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Who was to blame for the Tequila shot purchase? They were about 8 ounces. Oooof.

Quick Reply: Texas Two Step...pics n vids