Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Texas Two Step...pics n vids

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's just plain stupid! they need lights system. every track needs lights system. much more effective to alert and slow down. lights are much more visible, accurate, and don't sleep on the job.
making everybody stop is ridiculously dangerous.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
jenk12m
Banned

The first time it happened, I was like wow something bad happened already. Then of course black flag all to come in but never saw anything major. The next 5 times were just ridiculous. It should only came out once for when the 996 hit the wall b/c that was a hard impact
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

COTA needs new management.
Clearly not interested in the customers interests.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM
jenk12m
Banned

They just want the customers willing to pay 50k to come play
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 552 Posts

How did brakes on the .2s hold up?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:59 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All this is interesting to read after the drivers edge weekend went so well. Sorry to hear about the problems. I hope Cota continues to allow de's.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by forhamilton
All this is interesting to read after the drivers edge weekend went so well. Sorry to hear about the problems. I hope Cota continues to allow de's.
You guys jinxed us.... J/k. Weird you guys never saw anything similar to what we experienced. Maybe they knew the FL boys were coming. We tend to cause a raucous.

None of us had brake issues. COTA is hard on brakes though.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Yea no brake issues and I was worried about my rotors cracking before I even got there.

I never heard any complaining of red flags from the drivers edge event....hmmmm!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
They just want the customers willing to pay 50k to come play
Yeah, that may happen. I daydreamed yesterday about getting the fastest track DE guys in the region together for a "flat out" (yes, cue that semi-funny animated movie) track day. 22 people for $50k. 22 people on track that all know what they are doing would be a very good time.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When I bring the Fiat to COTA, what is the track record? Remember, no data, no video, no valid.

Race cars are not allowed in DE Cup, because racecar.

Street cars driven by Pro drivers are allowed in DE Cup, no need to add the "wanna911 4 seconds handycap"(tm).

- Mike Skeen in Viper ACR, DE Cup approved.
- Lou Gigliotti ZL1, DE Cup approved.
- ZR1 on slicks, DE Cup approved
- F430 Challenge, rejected
- Lollipop's new ride, rejected
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
22 people on track that all know what they are doing would be a very good time.
Everyone at the race track knows what they are doing. Just ask them.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
Everyone at the race track knows what they are doing. Just ask them.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the corner workers were not on the proverbial ball. In one of Saturday's session I was red flagged at turn 2, I believe someone went off at 1. So here I am standing still and smoke is coming up off the front of my car. The flag worker is almost in a panic yelling at me that my car is smoking. His panic state gets me worked up to the extent in which I am unbuckled with my left hand on the door for a quick exit. The smoke is continuing to come out and I started thinking that its my pad and rotors mixed with track rubber. So I yell at the numbskull to tell me where the smoke is coming from, no answer! I yell again asking if its coming from my wheels. He's on his walkie asking someone about the situation at which time he yells back, yes its coming from the wheels. The moral? I am about to get out of the car. I wonder how that would have played out? Thankfully, no issues with the brakes.
Yes, for this event COTA was only using two flags. Red quickly followed by a Black. I think I only saw a yellow once during the entire weekend.
In any case, Mark put on an exceptional event given the circumstances that he had to work with.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
When I bring the Fiat to COTA, what is the track record? Remember, no data, no video, no valid.

Race cars are not allowed in DE Cup, because racecar.

Street cars driven by Pro drivers are allowed in DE Cup, no need to add the "wanna911 4 seconds handycap"(tm).

- Mike Skeen in Viper ACR, DE Cup approved.
- Lou Gigliotti ZL1, DE Cup approved.
- ZR1 on slicks, DE Cup approved
- F430 Challenge, rejected
- Lollipop's new ride, rejected
I think I had a 2:27 and change in Steves car on Hoosier, on lap two, the only clean lap I could get. Then four 2:28s in traffic .....following a 430 Fiat challenge an dhe pulllled me down the straight

Yo should be able to crush this time. An aero beetle on Hoosier R6 is a high 2:25ish car....ill say your fiat on R6 is a 2:22ish car. We have to shift too much and aero doesnt do much at COTA

Steve has video / data he will post it

Im now retired from DE cup, Giesha is on her way to stock form as we speak......so have fun. My first SVRA race is at the end of this month, Sebring
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrackToyz
And then in the last session on Sunday when they started using waving yellow instead, I saw yellow at 11, accelerated down the back straight watching for trouble and saw the stranded SRF pulled over on the right side. No harm, no foul, so I kept up my speed and saw NO FLAG at 12 (end of straight), turned in and did my usual through the double 180's and triple apex, accelerating up to 100 or so coming out of 18 and then, "HOLY CRAP!!!" Up ahead is a black flag and five cars all over the road in a drunken conga line headed towards the pits. WTF!?!? I am all loaded up on the suspension and I see this. Somehow I got it whoahed down, but it was not pretty. I gave up on the session after that. Drove around the paddock for five minutes to cool off my brakes.
At the end of Rene's vid here is exactly what I was talking about above. I was a couple cars behind so I came upon the whole group coming up into 19 at high speed.

https://rennlist.com/forums/10198611-post619.html

Quick Reply: Texas Two Step...pics n vids