Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Texas Two Step...pics n vids

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
yea that lady got me going when i saw her on sunday morning. i was a zombie coming in that morning after hanging with nick, miguel, and steve at the W in downtown Austin. Austin was a really fun town. it was good to have a track close to a big city

and talk about cities, it felt like i saw every major college town on the way there and back. i rolled through alabama, texas, baylor, texas a & m, and many more schools
Glad you didn't have to go thru Auburn
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nugget is was good to me along with the other rennlist guys. for the most part there and not all the time but there is a car that hits the wall, someone spits fluid, and someone gets complaints about being the douche in the group
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
jenk12m
Banned

paver, haha i have a buddy that went to auburn and hes not even claiming his school right now. lol
Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

paver, haha i have a buddy that went to auburn and hes not even claiming his school right now. lol
We got Malzahn back. If we could get Cam back we might win some games :-)
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Seemed like a typical DE to me. There's always at least one car getting munched. And there's always people running in groups that they shouldn't be in doing things that they're not supposed to. Even PBOC super solo, which is hand picked invite only has it's fair share of shenanigans.
I will respectfully disagree, particularly wrt cars getting wrecked. Yes, it happens, but at the events that I instruct at, it's more like once a year, not once every event. I know, because particularly at the PCA events I work, I have to do the damn paperwork when someone wrecks.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

and talk about cities, it felt like i saw every major college town on the way there and back. i rolled through alabama, texas, baylor, texas a & m, and many more schools
So...you likes the college girls, eh?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
Interesting feedback. I guess from now on I'll just be a little more appreciative of the events I've been attending where there seems to be a lot less of that going on.
If none of that goes on your events, consider yourself lucky. Maybe I go too much so it's a matter of the odds stacking against me I don't think I've been to a track event in a long long time where someone didn't ball their car up. The COTA guys should be very pleased with the way the whole thing went off. Especially considering almost nobody there had been on the track before and were all learning.

yea that lady got me going when i saw her on sunday morning. i was a zombie coming in that morning after hanging with nick, miguel, and steve at the W in downtown Austin. Austin was a really fun town. it was good to have a track close to a big city

On one hand I was bummed that I couldn't go out partying with the boys since the wife was there. However, on the other hand... I was grateful for the fact that I didn't puke in my helmet on Sunday. I swear, and I'm documenting this here for all too read... On our next trip we need to go out either a day before or stay a day late so we can hit the town with no consequences. Sucks going to cool cities and sweating being in bed in time and setting the wake up call.

On the run what you brung thing... Ummmm yeah. Trying to pull a Greek?

Two classes. Those running with Hoosiers. Those without. Cars are close enough for gov't work. Night and day between tire choices. Especially there.

In the Nitto/Toyo Class, it went like this: Nick, DD, Randy, Jenks, and then Steve.

In the Hoosier class of 2, it went Randy. And once again, then Steve

I think Randy took overall out of all the RL's there in Steve's car on Hoosiers with a 27.1 or something like that.
In Steve's defense, he kind of screwed himself switching to Hoosiers. There was almost no way he was going to beat Randy in the same car on the same tires. If he had stayed with the Nitto's, he would have most certainly best my time by mere virtue of figuring out how to drive those tires on that track. It should also be noted that he missed out on some primo information I got from Seth Thomas and Nick on Sunday by leaving early I knocked almost 2 seconds off down to a 1:31.1 by making some really simple adjustments.

TrakCar told me a long time ago... Quit switching things all the time. Stick with one setup and leave it alone
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I will respectfully disagree, particularly wrt cars getting wrecked. Yes, it happens, but at the events that I instruct at, it's more like once a year, not once every event. I know, because particularly at the PCA events I work, I have to do the damn paperwork when someone wrecks.
Depends on what tracks you run at? If you're running TWS where you have miles of run off, then yes it's hard to wreck cars.

However, at Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, Laguna, Roebling, Barber, Homestead, PBIR.... The consequences are high if you take your eyes off the ball. I've personally seen at least once and in come cases many times, cars being completely totaled at every one of those tracks at an event I attended. I'm not sure when my last track day was that someone's car didn't get crunched.... Just in the last few months saw a couple GT3's bite it at Sebring, a cup car at Roebling, and BMW rolled at Road Atlanta, and then obviously COTA there were two or 3.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:51 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Yea mike, it makes a difference on which track it is. You go off at TWS and your cleaning your car for a week trying to get sand and dirt out from the inside. You go off at my home track road atlanta and it can get ugly.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Yea mike, it makes a difference on which track it is. You go off at TWS and your cleaning your car for a week trying to get sand and dirt out from the inside. You go off at my home track road atlanta and it can get ugly.
True enough guys. I forget how spoiled I am by our relatively benign track.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 PM
TrackToyz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It should also be noted that he missed out on some primo information I got from Seth Thomas and Nick on Sunday by leaving early I knocked almost 2 seconds off down to a 1:31.1 by making some really simple adjustments.
Car setup or line choice/driving adjustments? Curious...
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

She moonwalked me in through the gate on Sunday morning. Brought a smile to otherwise very tired face.

That lady was awesome.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Wow, that's just plain stupid.
agreed. was that just a drill? or wrong flagging?
very dangerous.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In Steve's defense, he kind of screwed himself switching to Hoosiers. There was almost no way he was going to beat Randy in the same car on the same tires. If he had stayed with the Nitto's, he would have most certainly best my time by mere virtue of figuring out how to drive those tires on that track. It should also be noted that he missed out on some primo information I got from Seth Thomas and Nick on Sunday by leaving early I knocked almost 2 seconds off down to a 1:31.1 by making some really simple adjustments.

TrakCar told me a long time ago... Quit switching things all the time. Stick with one setup and leave it alone
Um, who hijacked DD's account?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
agreed. was that just a drill? or wrong flagging?
very dangerous.
I think it was there inexperience with DE's. They had no clue what to do. It took all day Saturday of explaining proper flags for them to get it. The last day, Sunday was a whole lot better, but still not great.

Almost rear ended Izzone exiting 1 on a sudden red flag. Started screaming at the corner worker, while Izzone was catching his breath from how close it was. The cause of the red flag? A guy going off track 8 turns later....

Next session, as you can see in Jenks video, jenks and I are full throttle at 140 mph when all of a sudden we see 6 cars parked on the racing line. We had to swerve to the left to avoid them. Again, very dangerous.

Quick Reply: Texas Two Step...pics n vids