Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New Addition to Stable......Giesha's Retirement

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
Ok I forgot to ask, what is this ones name going to be??
Smurfette.

Originally Posted by Izzone
I have a pile of RA1 to sell.....PM if interested

Im pretty excited, getting bored in the DE arms race......I want to run in somewhat equal cars, tires with some people and have fun

I am not up to speed on the class teh car will fit in, but Zotz Racing helped me on this journy. Ron picked this car to fit in specic classes. you can run Hoosier TD, R6 or slocks depending on class I think. Im going to start on Hoosier TD...while learning the car

Ill still be on here, and post videos on the way to cars and cafe in Giesha. I still love my RS....could have sold it to buy this car but I'm too attached to sell it.

If I kept tracking Giesha, I was going to down a hill of more and more dedicated track......many of teh street car parts on an RS are not meant for the abuse of race car speeds.........and yes the centerlocks started to sit in the back of my mind. New car has 5 lugs

And those who think their half cage (or fiat with no cage) is safer than a purpose built race car are wrong. this car was built from the tub up by *** motorsports to be safe.....much safer than what I have now

Ever looked at the cost of an axle on an RS? or an upright, coolant hose replacement, transmission......I can go on and on. If you think your street car is any cheaper than a 2,000lb race car to drive you are fooling yourself. I couldnt get over 8,000 miles out of a clutch, 4.0 clutch that is.
The RA1's will be hot commodity next year and you are being way to sensible.

Ya sorry i missed you at winterfest. i was in and out. Now going to sebring 6 days and you are in texas. Crap. I am breaking in a new cayman interseries so I went the same way you did, kindof. Full cage built car, engineered to be safe and fun. And oh ya, 5 lug baby... 10 minute wheel changes here I come.
Interseries is very interesting. I wonder if I fit..5 lugs are so overrrated.

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Purpose built race car >>>> than DE street car. Fun factor is much greater also.

It is refreshing to see Rad is up to his usual BS about car capabilities. But then again since his beloved Fiat is down for the count $$$$$ he has to spout something.

Peter
Racercars <<<<< Street cars. You dont want to drive a dually every day.
Somehow i found mysel looking for '92-'95 Mercedes 500E.. What does that mean?

Originally Posted by KaiB
Randy, how many hours do you expect out of this engine before tear-down and maint?

I love this car...if you ever want a right seat from an old torsion bar jockey...I'm a PM away.
Lets not get ito the reality of costs running a 30 year old race car. You are messing with Cool aide here..

Im working on the Greek......he needs to follow

95 track days - 14,000 track miles
Stage 1, 2 amd 3 over revs
second transmission
thrid clutch / pressure plate / throwout bearing
handful of failed sensors
second alternator

.......now off to retirement
You shift too fast!.. Oh wait...

do you ever come to the south east?

Ron went over the rebuilds...only thing I remember was it comes apart at 50 hours for minor work

we ran the numbers compared to a cup and its much much cheaper. Also they dont depreciate like a beat up street car
My street cars dont depraciate cause I dont beat them up....

Originally Posted by KaiB
Fifty hours sounds about right.

This car, once you dial yourself in, will put a smile on your face. Cost comps to a Cup car aren't even worth considering...just watch your downshifts!!!
Should he double clutch? I learned to drive in a "80 Magirus Deutz that we end up racing at francorchamps...

Originally Posted by 911rox
You'll have track buds to race in no time! I'm sure the Greek will get a taste and be hooked soon enough!

Happy retirement Geisha! You've done the aero beetles proud....
The greek needs a GT3 to cruise for chicks..

for people going to COTA I have some front and rear PFC pads to sell too

08 compound
Send them.

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
congrats, randy!
car looks grand. will be a whole new learning curve, which i'm sure you'll relish.
maybe rad can get a 246gts and race in antique cup with you?
No chance

LOL his modern Fiat makes it 3 laps.....wonder is an antique Fiat makes it a lap
It barely finishes a lap

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Randy congrats on the new toy, you will enjoy
Waiting to take it for a ride
I'm first f@ck you.

Haha! Or even off the trailer?....
Yeah, prolly wont start..

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 01-24-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
1:34 at Road Atlanta is Coffee Cup now? hahahahaha

If that's coffee cup, that would make Gold Cup what 1:30-1:33 and Platinum Cup 1:27-1:29? Would love to see the Fiat make platinum cup on slicks at Road Atlanta.

If it ever gets fixed. 3.5 months and counting.
Here are Road Atlanta times....my new antique is the sister car to Eric's car. this is on Hoosier TD (less sticky than a RA1)......note how many laps the car went....a RS gearbox woould bind itself up after that long of a run.....rads fiat would probably not make it out of the pits

In the brisk cold I was doing 34's in my RS on RA1

I have a lot to learn with the new car.....but driven properly it sure doesnt look boring.....and ill have fun chasing your wifes gayman Rad

Rad....Ron has another antique 914 in his shop that will make your point and shoot Fiat look slow......yes a sub 2:15 car at Sebring.....with the same 3.0 antique motor in this car
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Those Hoosiers are R35 compound, the same compound used on their slicks, and that time is good for the Coffee Cup. It should be a little faster, Coffee Cup on RA1 and Gold DE Cup on slicks.
Right on.

964Cup is not an antique, it has a coilover suspension, and with a 3.6 and fresh slicks, it is a capable car, record shows a 2:23 at Sebring by my fellow NNJR-PCA fast shoe Charlie (and nice guy too), and it is consistent with the fastest GTC1 lap records at other tracks (R. America, the Glen, Road Atlanta, AutoClub).

A GTC1 legal car running 2:19s at Sebring, bullcrap.

A modified 964 Cup running 2:19s at Sebring, easy, the sky is the limit with modifications, Aero+motor+lightening, easy target.

I'll pay for dyno and scales, bring a GT3S legal car on a pre-964 chassis to Sebring (SWB or LWB up to 1988) and show me a 2:16, or easier a 2:17 on R6/R1 (not R1S)/V710/C51.

Izzone's antique is a Coffee Cup on RA1 and Gold Cup on slicks.

BTW, my training wheels ages ago were old Fiats, old BMWs and a 1983 3.0 SC.
1983 3.0 SC You sold it?? 50 stick beatings!
I share the above mentioned costs. Lets do it.

Put Ron on R6 in that antique and I will run him over with my slow Fiat at Sebring.

Put yourself in that antique, and I will run you over with my Cayman.
Wow. I got $100.00 on Rad..

If that's coffee cup, that would make Gold Cup what 1:30-1:33 and Platinum Cup 1:27-1:29? Would love to see the Fiat make platinum cup on slicks at Road Atlanta.

The Fiat maaayyyybe makes Gold cup. but it probably will blow up in the second session.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

My street cars dont depraciate cause I dont beat them up....

I'm first f@ck you.
Doing a swan dive off T-12 at Road Atlanta isnt beating them up LOL

You can drive it....and as I told you I might know where a few twins are....you can join me
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Trakcar, you crack me up! Anyway, the greek doesn't need a GT3 to pull the chicks when he has that pretty pink tutu, does he?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The Fiat maaayyyybe makes Gold cup. but it probably will blow up in the second session.
If he's on full slicks and doesn't run 1:31 or better, which I suspect he won't, that will be a good laugh. If he's scared of Bishops bend and hitting the brakes, he will also be scared of turn 1,4,5 and 12 at Road Atlanta. There aren't the huge runoff areas like 17 and 1 at Sebring. Add in some elevation with the cement guard rails with lots of overbraking and I see a possible coffee cup time.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

If he's on full slicks and doesn't run 1:31 or better, which I suspect he won't, that will be a good laugh. If he's scared of Bishops bend and hitting the brakes, he will also be scared of turn 1,4,5 and 12 at Road Atlanta. There aren't the huge runoff areas like 17 and 1 at Sebring. Add in some elevation with the cement guard rails with lots of overbraking and I see a possible coffee cup time.
+2
Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeap, 1:34 is solid Coffee Cup at your backyard. Gold Cup is 30 to 32.999, and Platinum is under 1:30.

Fiat can't do Platinum, not even on slicks, it needs aero at that little track.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My PS3 simulator says the Fiat runs Gold DE Cup at Road Atlanta, high 32s on slicks. On R6 it would do Coffee Cup, where the car belongs, I just try to pedal it into the faster Aero Beetle dominated classes, and sometimes it succeeds...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Doing a swan dive off T-12 at Road Atlanta isnt beating them up LOL

You can drive it....and as I told you I might know where a few twins are....you can join me
Fine, if you insist..

Trakcar, you crack me up! Anyway, the greek doesn't need a GT3 to pull the chicks when he has that pretty pink tutu, does he?
Right and he moisturized..

Uhm, run off in T17 and T1 are like runoff in 12..
But yes, scared everywhere. the Fiat will suck everywhere except for the back straight.

My PS3 simulator says the Fiat runs Gold DE Cup at Road Atlanta, high 32s on slicks. On R6 it would do Coffee Cup, where the car belongs, I just try to pedal it into the faster Aero Beetle dominated classes, and sometimes it succeeds...
Hey, hey hey, I can do 32's on RA1..Fiat is without hope, even at RA.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just getting to the thread even though I knew all about it. Congrats randy, I knew Zitza had to be behind the vintage route

Rad is delusional, and his coffee cup times at road atlanta is like saying a 2:20 at Sebring is coffee cup times.

When I retire and can run a full season, I will dabble into something like this as well
Old 01-25-2013, 02:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Ok I forgot to ask, what is this ones name going to be??
dont you watch TV?
baby smurfette
Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Racercars <<<<< Street cars. You dont want to drive a dually every day.
Somehow i found mysel looking for '92-'95 Mercedes 500E.. What does that mean?

==> i do drive dually DD soon. and into SF financial district, inc the sidewalk on montgomery. i have taken out a few bikers and pedestrians in the last 3 years.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Wow Randy this car is so cool. I am truly happy for you and can't wait to see it. I hope you really enjoy it.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good move and super sweet!!

Quick Reply: New Addition to Stable......Giesha's Retirement