Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New Addition to Stable......Giesha's Retirement

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
Listen as long as you are happy that is all that matters. I am excited for you. I am going to miss you in the RS forums. Meaning I have learned alot about my car and what works and does not work thru your expertise.

That would be sic to see you fly around sebring at 2:15. Just a couple seconds faster than any RS that I have seen.

Way cool.

So what tire do you run?????

Oh ya, what happens to your stash of RA-1s???
I have a pile of RA1 to sell.....PM if interested

Im pretty excited, getting bored in the DE arms race......I want to run in somewhat equal cars, tires with some people and have fun

I am not up to speed on the class teh car will fit in, but Zotz Racing helped me on this journy. Ron picked this car to fit in specic classes. you can run Hoosier TD, R6 or slocks depending on class I think. Im going to start on Hoosier TD...while learning the car

Ill still be on here, and post videos on the way to cars and cafe in Giesha. I still love my RS....could have sold it to buy this car but I'm too attached to sell it.

If I kept tracking Giesha, I was going to down a hill of more and more dedicated track......many of teh street car parts on an RS are not meant for the abuse of race car speeds.........and yes the centerlocks started to sit in the back of my mind. New car has 5 lugs

And those who think their half cage (or fiat with no cage) is safer than a purpose built race car are wrong. this car was built from the tub up by *** motorsports to be safe.....much safer than what I have now

Ever looked at the cost of an axle on an RS? or an upright, coolant hose replacement, transmission......I can go on and on. If you think your street car is any cheaper than a 2,000lb race car to drive you are fooling yourself. I couldnt get over 8,000 miles out of a clutch, 4.0 clutch that is.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I have a pile of RA1 to sell.....PM if interested

Im pretty excited, getting bored in the DE arms race......I want to run in somewhat equal cars, tires with some people and have fun

I am not up to speed on the class teh car will fit in, but Zotz Racing helped me on this journy. Ron picked this car to fit in specic classes. you can run Hoosier TD, R6 or slocks depending on class I think. Im going to start on Hoosier TD...while learning the car

Ill still be on here, and post videos on the way to cars and cafe in Giesha. I still love my RS....could have sold it to buy this car but I'm too attached to sell it.

If I kept tracking Giesha, I was going to down a hill of more and more dedicated track......many of teh street car parts on an RS are not meant for the abuse of race car speeds.........and yes the centerlocks started to sit in the back of my mind. New car has 5 lugs

And those who think their half cage (or fiat with no cage) is safer than a purpose built race car are wrong. this car was built from the tub up by *** motorsports to be safe.....much safer than what I have now

Ever looked at the cost of an axle on an RS? or an upright, coolant hose replacement, transmission......I can go on and on. If you think your street car is any cheaper than a 2,000lb race car to drive you are fooling yourself. I couldnt get over 8,000 miles out of a clutch, 4.0 clutch that is.
Ya sorry i missed you at winterfest. i was in and out. Now going to sebring 6 days and you are in texas. Crap. I am breaking in a new cayman interseries so I went the same way you did, kindof. Full cage built car, engineered to be safe and fun. And oh ya, 5 lug baby... 10 minute wheel changes here I come.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Late to the party as always but congrats on the new wheels Randy! You're going to have a blast and I'm betting there will be others following in due course!!

Only prob now, who's going to take over our CL hub R&D? You were by far the highest on track miles with the original hubs...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Purpose built race car >>>> than DE street car. Fun factor is much greater also.

It is refreshing to see Rad is up to his usual BS about car capabilities. But then again since his beloved Fiat is down for the count $$$$$ he has to spout something.

Peter
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Randy, how many hours do you expect out of this engine before tear-down and maint?

I love this car...if you ever want a right seat from an old torsion bar jockey...I'm a PM away.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911rox
Late to the party as always but congrats on the new wheels Randy! You're going to have a blast and I'm betting there will be others following in due course!!

Only prob now, who's going to take over our CL hub R&D? You were by far the highest on track miles with the original hubs...
Im working on the Greek......he needs to follow

95 track days - 14,000 track miles
Stage 1, 2 amd 3 over revs
second transmission
thrid clutch / pressure plate / throwout bearing
handful of failed sensors
second alternator

.......now off to retirement
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by KaiB
Randy, how many hours do you expect out of this engine before tear-down and maint?

I love this car...if you ever want a right seat from an old torsion bar jockey...I'm a PM away.
do you ever come to the south east?

Ron went over the rebuilds...only thing I remember was it comes apart at 50 hours for minor work

we ran the numbers compared to a cup and its much much cheaper. Also they dont depreciate like a beat up street car
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do you ever come to the south east?

Ron went over the rebuilds...only thing I remember was it comes apart at 50 hours for minor work

we ran the numbers compared to a cup and its much much cheaper. Also they dont depreciate like a beat up street car
Fifty hours sounds about right.

This car, once you dial yourself in, will put a smile on your face. Cost comps to a Cup car aren't even worth considering...just watch your downshifts!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:39 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Im working on the Greek......he needs to follow

95 track days - 14,000 track miles
Stage 1, 2 amd 3 over revs
second transmission
thrid clutch / pressure plate / throwout bearing
handful of failed sensors
second alternator

.......now off to retirement
You'll have track buds to race in no time! I'm sure the Greek will get a taste and be hooked soon enough!

Happy retirement Geisha! You've done the aero beetles proud....
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Little Dyno **** / test

http://s822.beta.photobucket.com/use...02100.mp4.html

http://s822.beta.photobucket.com/use...20154287044365
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

for people going to COTA I have some front and rear PFC pads to sell too

08 compound
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats, randy!
car looks grand. will be a whole new learning curve, which i'm sure you'll relish.
maybe rad can get a 246gts and race in antique cup with you?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
congrats, randy!
car looks grand. will be a whole new learning curve, which i'm sure you'll relish.
maybe rad can get a 246gts and race in antique cup with you?
LOL his modern Fiat makes it 3 laps.....wonder is an antique Fiat makes it a lap
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy congrats on the new toy, you will enjoy
Waiting to take it for a ride
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

LOL his modern Fiat makes it 3 laps.....wonder is an antique Fiat makes it a lap
Haha! Or even off the trailer?....

Quick Reply: New Addition to Stable......Giesha's Retirement