Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring DavidMurry Jan 29/30 and 48hours Jan31-Feb3

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013 | 02:41 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Is that Steve or is that Aaron Povoledo, who arrived for the second day of David Murry after Steve took off for a day?

While Steve was very good, certainly in the top five of all, Aaron was the best pro into and through T17.

I called him out in my "Turn 17 Report" on FB that day...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Last edited by ProCoach; 02-05-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2013 | 02:56 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Right, and when you have only one lap, the opening lap and the TBL is 1.5 seconds lower when normally you can click of laps within a tenth. it is not hard to extrapolate that you can do about a second better with a few more laps.

Than there is the risk apetite factor. I dont ever want to put the CF fenders of the pretty 4.0 as close to the wall as Clarke puts his just about every lap..
Considering your air filters cost $500, I shudder to think what fenders cost. Let alone the depreciation on a 4.0 after even a minor fender bender. I LOVE your car but sure I would have the ***** to drive it on the track.

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I never saw a wall. Are there walls at Sebring?
You don't see them because when you get close you rotate the car in the opposite direction and floor it

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Burke, those weren't Michelin Blues. Blues are faster, by a good margin.
Still did 2:19s with 17 heat cycles on them. They are lighter than Hoosiers, and if you look that way also last longer, or maybe close to it to a few guys that run 20+ heat cycles on them.
They will go faster with just cleaner laps.
How much faster are blues? Why not run those?

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Haha, no idea where I was going, trying different stuff until someone showed me how to do it.
My *** looks nice and fat..
They say people start to resemble their cars after a while
Old 02-05-2013 | 04:34 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Red face

Oh. I'm not sure who was driving the ZSA car. I saw the video and was IMPRESSED. I thought it was Steve. I have been dreaming about Sebring for a week. bucket list. Ah- now I see it was Aaron.
Old 02-05-2013 | 05:19 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I know Steve was in the 30 car on Tuesday, because I tracked his crew down to tell them I liked what I saw. Aaron was in the 39 car on Wednesday. It was even better, right away and from the out lap.
Old 02-05-2013 | 05:45 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Silver Bullet survived 6 days at Sebring - what a miracle. After a few days it started giving me error messages on the dash - "check engine", "visit workshop". So I hooked up a generic reader and almost fell on the floor laughing my *** off:
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2013 | 05:50 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Silver Bullet survived 6 days at Sebring - what a miracle. After a few days it started giving me error messages on the dash - "check engine", "visit workshop". So I hooked up a generic reader and almost fell on the floor laughing my *** off:
Thought you popped your diff? That was the rumor anyway.
Old 02-05-2013 | 06:17 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deputydog95

How much faster are blues? Why not run those?
I ran Blues before. Too expensive, when mounted you're looking at $2,400, and they only last 8 heat cycles (a weekend), adding $1,200 per day on tires cost, before all the other expenses. 2 super fast heat cycles, then 4 where they fade 0.2-0.3 secs per lap on a short track, and the last 2 a little slower, then they become on/off like driving on ice.

This is the main reason I switched to Pirelli DH slicks. The hard compound is being used in Fiat Challenge and Speed WC. The Fiat Challenge guys have told me they get 12HC-16HC which is plenty, they are the fast the first 3HC, then they fade progressively. I have one set with 4HC on GT3RS sizes, so I will continue using them.

However, comparing my 2012 Winterfest data on A6 to my April 2012 data on Pirelli DH slicks, the A6 have much better grip. This is not to say that A6 are faster, but that weather plays a big factor at Sebring.

On the freezing Sebring temperatures last weekend, there were easily 5 seconds faster lap times than Summer weather, and 3 secs faster than Fall/Spring Sebring weather, and about 1 second faster than Winterfest just a few weeks back still on Winter weather.

So, same car and same driver with an Aero Beetle can have 11 seconds a lap difference combining just dry weather and tires (Michelin Blue Cup slicks down to the fast MPSS).

You ran 2:29s on hot weather and MPSS, Michelin Blue Cups and Bumblebee can get you on the 2:18s, solid Platinum DE Cup lap times, but you need cold weather and it very unlikely and random even in Winter time. Better driving (compared to your 2:29s laps) and you can get in the 16s with your car as is.
Old 02-05-2013 | 06:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 06-27-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2013 | 06:40 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

...@DD I forgot to add that Leh can do a 2:12 in BumbleBee on Michelin slicks, because he's 4 secs faster than Trakcar.
Old 02-05-2013 | 06:45 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I ran Blues before. Too expensive, when mounted you're looking at $2,400, and they only last 8 heat cycles (a weekend), adding $1,200 per day on tires cost, before all the other expenses. 2 super fast heat cycles, then 4 where they fade 0.2-0.3 secs per lap on a short track, and the last 2 a little slower, then they become on/off like driving on ice.

This is the main reason I switched to Pirelli DH slicks. The hard compound is being used in Fiat Challenge and Speed WC. The Fiat Challenge guys have told me they get 12HC-16HC which is plenty, they are the fast the first 3HC, then they fade progressively. I have one set with 4HC on GT3RS sizes, so I will continue using them.

However, comparing my 2012 Winterfest data on A6 to my April 2012 data on Pirelli DH slicks, the A6 have much better grip. This is not to say that A6 are faster, but that weather plays a big factor at Sebring.

On the freezing Sebring temperatures last weekend, there were easily 5 seconds faster lap times than Summer weather, and 3 secs faster than Fall/Spring Sebring weather, and about 1 second faster than Winterfest just a few weeks back still on Winter weather.

So, same car and same driver with an Aero Beetle can have 11 seconds a lap difference combining just dry weather and tires (Michelin Blue Cup slicks down to the fast MPSS).

You ran 2:29s on hot weather and MPSS, Michelin Blue Cups and Bumblebee can get you on the 2:18s, solid Platinum DE Cup lap times, but you need cold weather and it very unlikely and random even in Winter time. Better driving (compared to your 2:29s laps) and you can get in the 16s with your car as is.
Give me a little credit. I got some 227's on the Super Sports. Stop stealing time from me Now I'm doing 222's - 223 on the Nitto's in 80 plus degree temps. Haven't had a chance to run Sebring in chilly weather on Nitto yet. Might not get that chance either this year as next event is in March. Was hoping for a 221 at some point. I think that is the best Erik ever got in the pumpkin and he's a fast driver.

Race slicks that last a weekend at over $2k are a little pricey for my DE budget. Or lack thereof. I was just being curious. I'm not considering them. Especially when Nitto's will last 8 days for $1k. I'm having fun even if being over 220 is now considered slow

Maybe for fun I will give it a try someday. I think a full cage would be in order first at those speeds though.

For now I'll be watching Eddie collecting point by's at the DE like Mario collecting coins

Old 02-05-2013 | 06:55 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Thought you popped your diff? That was the rumor anyway.
just speculation and rumor after my foot to the floor tire smokin NASCAR style spin in t17
Old 02-05-2013 | 06:58 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

just speculation and rumor after my foot to the floor tire smokin NASCAR style spin in t17
The stories are probably just growing with your legend at Sebring
Old 02-05-2013 | 07:14 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

@ DD,

Michelin are expensive, and don't last as near as Pirellis. I compare Pirellis with Hoosiers, and my price is pretty close, so I rather use a faster tire that last as long.

If I had the option of running NT-01s I would. They are faster than RA-1s and can stand the heat better.
Old 02-05-2013 | 07:19 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

The stories are probably just growing with your legend at Sebring
all in my own mind

here it is, Grady chasing me right on my ***, Sly in the car with me, Grady gets loose in t16 and I am laughing at him watching his dust cloud in my mirror - payback is a bitch, karma got me, whatever you wanna call it on the next turn - ALMOST!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0pV...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-05-2013 | 07:30 PM
jenk12m
Banned

lol

Quick Reply: Sebring DavidMurry Jan 29/30 and 48hours Jan31-Feb3