Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

COTA -DM Event March13-14 *Cancelled. COTA suffers disgrace due to lack of integrity

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to change my name, FNG!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have 2 months or so, to go thru 10-15 track days and make it
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

Originally Posted by Izzone
Depends what time of year

It is Florida hot there in summer and rains a lot
I wish this were true, we are projected to see more of a pretty serious drought.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by senna
crap, no beginners?
Be patient grasshopper....keep tracking as much as you can, roll with it and try some different tracks for fun, get instructors (good ones) and private coaches leave the ego at home in the bedroom and just relax and have fun.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My take on cost if max. 40 participants, on the high end (weekends?): $30 - 50k per day x 2 / 40 = $1.5 - 2.5k per participant.

My knowledge on rates is limited, but this is what I heard. Not sure what's the truth in that.

A premium over your regular format with 2-3 (intermediate to advanced) run groups, where participants pay something around $600-700 for 2 days and instructors would get a discount.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 AM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If pca yellow and a 944turbo that I'll be club racing this year work, then I'm In

Jeffrey Lent
Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Clarke, ADD ME!!!

The only reason I'm not doing the other DE (February) at COTA, is that I'm simply too far forward the scared intermediate drivers and their required point-by when they feel like giving up their pride.

I haven't done any DMTD, but it seems to be SuperSolo with even better drivers, so I am in.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 8 Posts

Streetking is in.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Add Content
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 AM
JBB
6th Gear

Yeap...its been awhile but yes an advanced DE driver. Worth dusting off the track car for the new track (and a couple days in Austin)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any idea when they will release the dates?

Rad........ nonsense.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Rad, I am a big fan of both SS and DMTD. They are very dissimilar...
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Clarke, ADD ME!!!

The only reason I'm not doing the other DE (February) at COTA, is that I'm simply too far forward the scared intermediate drivers and their required point-by when they feel like giving up their pride.

I haven't done any DMTD, but it seems to be SuperSolo with even better drivers, so I am in.
Not sure David Murray will be that much better for u

David Murray is not open passing everywhere, it's open in long straights and finger pass in corner, not mandatory finger passing

There were some VIR rookies last time that were SLOW...we still had to wait on many laps for a slow car to get comfy and let us by...no biggie put part of the game

David Murray has no run groups, so at any point all the cars, some of the cars....or best none of the cars are on track . You may go out and have every track rookie out there

David Murray is very trusting on letting a driver who claims advanced in...I know some drivers at VIR last time who had very little background check

Now all this said when David Murray has an event at VIR most the drivers are VIR experienced...so it helps with the pace. At COTA you will have a bunch of rookies. And sense you posted this event on RL you are most likely have a bunch of DE drivers that are off your pace...not David's typical test and tune group
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpenguin
My take on cost if max. 40 participants, on the high end (weekends?): $30 - 50k per day x 2 / 40 = $1.5 - 2.5k per participant.

My knowledge on rates is limited, but this is what I heard. Not sure what's the truth in that.

A premium over your regular format with 2-3 (intermediate to advanced) run groups, where participants pay something around $600-700 for 2 days and instructors would get a discount.
40 is the minimum number he was looking for to get an idea if this would work before he books the track. The event will have 70 to 80 participants. At VIR the 2-day fee was $800.

Originally Posted by dizzyj
If pca yellow and a 944turbo that I'll be club racing this year work, then I'm In

Jeffrey Lent
yes, you are in.

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Clarke, ADD ME!!!

Rad, you are in.

Originally Posted by JBB
Yeap...its been awhile but yes an advanced DE driver. Worth dusting off the track car for the new track (and a couple days in Austin)
yep, you are in.

Originally Posted by wanna911
Any idea when they will release the dates?

Rad........ nonsense.
any second/minute/day...

Originally Posted by Izzone
Not sure David Murray will be that much better for u

David Murray is not open passing everywhere, it's open in long straights and finger pass in corner, not mandatory finger passing

There were some VIR rookies last time that were SLOW...we still had to wait on many laps for a slow car to get comfy and let us by...no biggie put part of the game

David Murray has no run groups, so at any point all the cars, some of the cars....or best none of the cars are on track . You may go out and have every track rookie out there

David Murray is very trusting on letting a driver who claims advanced in...I know some drivers at VIR last time who had very little background check

Now all this said when David Murray has an event at VIR most the drivers are VIR experienced...so it helps with the pace
yes, drovers were pointing in the corners as a courtesy, basically telling you to hustle on by them. I do not remember pointing being required. I was never held up by anyone. The F1 car certainly did not wait for any point-by's. lol

I agree that there were different levels of "experienced" drivers at VIR - same as with every advanced DE run group I have ever attended. There were no morons, everyone shared the track, passing was anytime, anywhere. With the open format, there was never a time when the track seemed crowded at all.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
There were no morons, everyone shared the track, passing was anytime, anywhere. With the open format, there was never a time when the track seemed crowded at all.
THIS is why I prefer DMTD to work with clients. We all end up feeling extremely satisfied...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: COTA -DM Event March13-14 *Cancelled. COTA suffers disgrace due to lack of integrity