Roll call Sebring Nov 3-4 with Chin

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Only mods are a less aggressive Guard LSD
40/60 ? Did you go with their "normal" pre-load?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,604 Likes on 743 Posts

I have no idea what Orbit build me before, but it felt like more to me?
It seems to have more under braking, but who knows there are too many variables and I dont understand what they try to explain to me with ramps and plates and stuff.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Start with constant throttle application

Maybe 1/2 throttle to start and work up to it

Ur mistake is on - off approach that it unsettling the car
Steven, best advice for Bishops right here...+1 on what Trakcar is saying with constant throttle no on off throttle.

Also exit T10 and full throttle all the way around 11-12 also. On off throttle there can get the rear end in trouble too.

Also,I'd like to add and what I was taught for Bishops is to breath off a little throttle...about half throttle at the first rumble strips on the right into Bishops and then right at or slightly after the second rumbles on the left start squeezing on full throttle. This keeps the rear stuck and the car balanced through Bishops.

Chris Hall took my lowly Carrera GTS through Bishops full throttle...on R888 tires no drama. Exit speed was 120ish. I haven't worked up to that yet but 1/2 throttle to squeezing on full throttle technique by mid Bishops has me at 117 exit at Bishops.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 101 Posts

I have no idea what Orbit build me before, but it felt like more to me?
It seems to have more under braking, but who knows there are too many variables and I dont understand what they try to explain to me with ramps and plates and stuff.
What you feel makes sense, you have the 40/60 ramp setup. It's very similar to the PMNA 38/52 ramps (except 60 is a higher locking factor under braking). But what difference I like is the clutch pack. The Guard plates are more aggressive, offering more lock withou the need for high pre-load.

This accomplishes a few things I really like, less static locking (meaning your plates aren't under lots of locking when you don't need them to be), and this creates less wear, and less heat in the gearbox. Good things.

This is why the PMNA clutch packs seem to wear out faster, the higher pre-load increases wear and heat. Some like the feel better initially (but it wears out quicker), however the Guard unit should free up some slightly also. I think mine has, and I've probably gotten better at rolling into the gas less aggressively when needed.

Also, you actually also have the 50/80 ramps, all you do is simply invert the ramps on the stack. I personally don't ever seeing myself switch to the 50/80 setup, it's already as aggressive as I want it with 40/60.

Thanks for schooling me Matt
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Yes and Yes.

Rad I watch your videos of da fiat and see you pedaling it through BB, maybe a little if I loose it I am out $$$$$$ for sure.

Peter
My little trick, is not fast but it is safer. I brake quite hard before entering BB, then roll the gas from 2/3 at BB entry, to full on exit. My entry speeds are lower, my exit speeds higher, the section is slower compared to the aero beetles, but my rear end is as planted as it can be, and BB is a nice comfortable ride rather than a scary ride.

Can I go faster? Yes, at the risk of drifting through BB, no thanks.

The boxster coupe can do flatout from t13, but the car is just underpowered.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
My little trick, is not fast but it is safer. I brake quite hard before entering BB, then roll the gas from 2/3 at BB entry, to full on exit. My entry speeds are lower, my exit speeds higher, the section is slower compared to the aero beetles, but my rear end is as planted as it can be, and BB is a nice comfortable ride rather than a scary ride.

you have a diffuser

it sucks you to the ground like a hoover vac
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 736 Likes on 428 Posts

Like I said Risk is not worth Reward. And my Ring Warrior with 237rwhp is also flat through BB as a rolling Chicane should be

Peter
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA997
Stu - send cookies.
I don't get Chex Mix in Canada. I should have when I had the chance! Thanks for the pretzels though.

Originally Posted by senna
Mooooooree cookies!
OK - I get why Stu couldn't even celebrate with a cookie when he graduated with Rob & Sandro around.

Originally Posted by KBS911
Congrats on making a sub 2.30 run. Very smooth and in control. From everything I hear that's the mark to beat to be considered pretty quick at Sebring. I am going to run my new to me RS there this weekend, Nov. 11 for the first time. Only one other track day there with my GTS, and the RS is a very, very different car. My goal is to join the sub 2.30 club one day and become a proud member of the Coffee Cup. Thanks for posting. I'll be watching your video a bunch before this weekend.
Thanks KBS911! I felt pretty decent and thanks for telling me the 2:30 mark was the mark to break. I just wanted to grad into DE Cup's Coffee Cup level. I think I've got my 2:32 on YouTube as well. I've been to Sebring x2 now and with some great coaches in DE Cup, I've got a good idea of the many things to work on.

Nice video Stephen!

I have looked at the data too bad I forgot the video or I would have merged it. See below
Yout TBL is 1:27!! nothing to sneeze at and you are concistently chipping away at the time. Very well done!
Rad approved ;-)

Lets set up Nigel with you again at Winterfest, I had a great time with him.
I'll look for some video when he is talking me throught the track. With talking I mean correcting me ;-)

Senna, post you laps and get a VBox please.

This was my fast lap, but the combination of lines from Nigel and some kinda what I am conmfortable with, just finally looking into how VBox works, not too difficult but I have a lot of questions still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyxCH0tQ0XY
2:27 TBL,... I am assuming that TBL is piecing together my best segments from all laps? Sorry, this newbie is not familiar with the term. Thanks Peter! I feel much more confident at Sebring with a good list of items to work on for next time. Goal will be 2:24.999 (or as Rad calls a 2:25).

Happy to split Nigel for Winterfest. I will commit to going to Winterfest NOW. Your videos are fantastic. So, much to learn by studying them. Can't wait to be there for your 2:17 - 2:18's during Winterfest!

Originally Posted by sstjohn
My fastest lap on Sunday. Plenty to work on to get to 2.20.xx range. I am not sure if I have the risk tolerance or skill for Platinum cup. Randy is in front of me in the distance. I also need to get that dead cat thing for the mic.
Great stuff Steve! Crazy fast.

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Congrats. Glad I could help Just realized this is the session where I took you and Miguel out for a monkey see monkey do track tour

Where's the video of Miguel blowing 7?
I was going to follow Senna, but I saw you and Miga and decided to wait. I'm glad I did as that was my favorite session. I need a rabbit to follow. As for the video, I'm in the process of making it. Will upload and post here for you. I'm glad I didn't hit him!

Both of you guys confirmed how SLOW I am in T17, along with TRAKCAR's, Eddie's, and Steve's videos too, and Nigel's driving my car. That's my #1 item for Winterfest.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to Chin event in December. I will be there again, need a coach this time. Or maybe get Eric to ride with me a few laps.

Here is the latest time, 2.24 on old tires. I am having a lot of fun in the Blue group...

It won't be long before Rob and his OMG 996Cup nice cup car starts cleaning the field.

I am still dring water like a Camel today...
Attached Images  

Last edited by senna; 11-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Sandro, a 2:24 is imprerssive, you made massive progress.
Now it gets more and more difficult to chip this tenths away ;-)

Here is Stephens FALTOUT lap :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJ0h...ature=youtu.be

And all the sub 2:31 laps in the same session. Nicely done Stephen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjG_XRelBkY

2:27 TBL,... I am assuming that TBL is piecing together my best segments from all laps? Sorry, this newbie is not familiar with the term. Thanks Peter! I feel much more confident at Sebring with a good list of items to work on for next time. Goal will be 2:24.999 (or as Rad calls a 2:25).

Happy to split Nigel for Winterfest. I will commit to going to Winterfest NOW. Your videos are fantastic. So, much to learn by studying them. Can't wait to be there for your 2:17 - 2:18's during Winterfest!
Yes, TBL is theoretical Best Lap. 2:2701, see graph with your data a few posts back.
I will look to see where you leave the most time and send you an e-mail before Winterfest.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

add 2 secs to iPhone lap. TBL laps fake, iPhone laps fake.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to me they aren't, and I've gotten to them every time. As will most people here who study data intently. Hardly anyone here (other than the pro guys) who can drive inside that last second of possible speed.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

add 2 secs to iPhone lap. TBL laps fake, iPhone laps fake.
Senna, what did I tell you?! haha.

Thanks Peter for making these videos for me. Really appreciate them.

Andrew: here's the session with you leading, Miga following, and me following both of you. Your highlight comes at the end of the video. Great fun and nice how it all worked out.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Same video with data
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Senna, what did I tell you?! haha.

Thanks Peter for making these videos for me. Really appreciate them.

Andrew: here's the session with you leading, Miga following, and me following both of you. Your highlight comes at the end of the video. Great fun and nice how it all worked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aT-UwmqE4g
I'm confused. What happened there? When I was leading you guys around I was watching you both in the mirrors most of the time.

I don't remember seeing that. What did he do? I remember seeing him in the grass with a dust up but I didn't catch that in your video here.

Quick Reply: Roll call Sebring Nov 3-4 with Chin