Mk
Old 11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkk62
Some fast hands Eddie! Nice vids.

Mk
Thanks Mike, video is entertaining, but far from being my best driving.
I think the few months away from the track, didn't do me good, none the less, fighting the car too much, slowed me down. I had a clear 2:19 there. Next time will be better, need to dial back a bit.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by Izzone
Nah...retired myself from DE cup this weekend. The risk is getting too high with no reward, and I dont want to lose a friend over an incident........or see someone get hurt. Most of the DE cup drivers only have a half cage at best. Track curtiousy for DE enviroment is getting a little out of control. When I see ALMS drivers drifting around the track Ill start thinking it is a controlled proper technique...until then I'll join Peter and drive in my bubble

Here was by best lap using the Vbox, I really enjoyed the system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PF_w...1&feature=plcp
Nice driving Randy !

Glad to see that you opened your eyes... better late than never.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Best of times as usual. I like our new compound. Great group we had this weekend.

Of course my new VBox was installed in the RS... and I killed another RS - looks like getting a new motor. Typical RS.

Blackie came thru again -- 2:19.08. Thanks Randy for letting me use your iPhone/Harrys as well as the brake job - thank you, thank you, thank you.

Had fun chasing the blue 4.0, fun times JP.
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Smooth. Uses all the width of the road, very linear in his level of deceleration throughout the longer braking zones.

Car placement at the entry and through the turn-in phase at T15 is very, very good.

Quite conservative with the throttle through BB. You can lose speed (5-6 mph) from just the very turning of the wheel...
Interesting observation. Just talked to Ian Stewart my co driver and coach. He was comparing my data to his run in S2000. We were within 1 mph in speed most straights but I lost 4mph through bishops. The only difference was I ran a tighter line. His comment was I scrubbed more thus lost acceleration.

Peter
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
JJE997.2RS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clarke, was that on R6's?

Good work
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE997.2RS
Clarke, was that on R6's?

Good work
yes, Blackie is always on hoohoo. RA1 does not fit the narrow body GT3.
Hooters on GT3 even out the RS advantage on RA1.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by GT3DE
yes, Blackie is always on hoohoo. RA1 does not fit the narrow body GT3.
Hooters on GT3 even out the RS advantage on RA1.
lol yeah, right ...
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Interesting observation. Just talked to Ian Stewart my co driver and coach. He was comparing my data to his run in S2000. We were within 1 mph in speed most straights but I lost 4mph through bishops. The only difference was I ran a tighter line. His comment was I scrubbed more thus lost acceleration.

Peter
I'd like to see throttle trace and steering angle comparisons. Just a tick longer "breathe" can do that.

The VBOX Lite is a nice little system. I'm about to send one to a 997 GT3 Cup driver that was running down there this past weekend, to supplement the MoTeC. Also another one for a Cayman S.

It's ALL good...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Nigel might have suggested going UP a gear!

Easy to export the lap for us all to see a true DE Cup Jedi lap!

Open Circuit Tools, open the file with the lap in it, go to "session" tab, select the magic lap, then "export lap" next to the video icon.

Quick start guide here: http://www.videovbox.co.uk/downloads...oolsManual.pdf

The file name will be the lap number and will be written in the source folder for upload to YouTube!

Nigel is a lot of fun! Bubbly, proficient and funny! Plus, he knows Sebring well.

He does have his own ideas, though... Agree with the "mere mortal line" through Bishops but being more aggressive with the FIRST inside curb AWAYS returns benefits and margin...
Actual he said that we hit the limiter so shortly 4th. worked. he probably did not want to tell me I suck at shifting LOL.

Nigel is great, Nigel and wifey are a lot of fun to hang out with. They were doing donuts with us last year at the drift pad when we were almost uninvited to Sebring, so we figured they have the right approach to the hobby.
Problem is his Nikky made me buy a VBox.. I cant say no to pretty woman..

The real idea is just to make sure you're parallel with the grass AFTER the second rumble on the left half of the road. The "wide" in the middle can occur at various longitudinal position, relative to the curbing and entry. Looks like you all had fun!
I agree, I could not always bring it back and brake on time, so I have to brake and focus on getting the car stable, I care less where i am left or right, just that I pit the right wheels all the way on 15a curbing.. T15a is so slick, I think there is not that much time to be gained in 15b, because you are on the brake early again for T16. If I had Nigels car control and ***** I'd put it there, but the off camber and nowhere to go concrete wall lets me lose some time in 15a/b.

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Hard to see from all the smoke and the terrible RK video quality but it was close.

http://youtu.be/BvJpTyj4I_o
Eddie No ABS FTW LOL!!

Originally Posted by FLA997
$hit....this was close call weekend!
Yup, a lucky weekend for many.

Originally Posted by smf32s
I'm alive but still recovering. Those are some quick hands Clarke was using. And both at the same time! Definitely a fun ride.
Well you learned. There are others who volunteer again!

^^This^^

Was that when Chris Hall was teaching for them? He's a Sebring master, too.

The data does show that you can raise your vMin between BB and T15 if you open the radius through T15 after "getting the turning done" to the right first. Some use brakes into to do that...

IMO, the above should not be read as an excuse to enter center track or track right into T15.

Nigel has a very specific idea on compound curve construction. You can read part of it here: http://www.videovbox.co.uk/index.php...article&id=152

I think it's equally incumbent for the driver to have A) a very clear vision of what they're going to do, before they get there, AND B) do what it takes (line, timing, number and amplitude of control inputs) to have supreme confidence.

The latter governs not only the velocity at brake release, but also equally or more importantly, the timing and amplitude of throttle commitment speeding back up...

If you're waiting for the car to f$%k you, it will...
Exactly. Into 15a I'm never sure what I'm going to get at the grip varies so much, just a few feet out.. CH had us tuck in, but its not easy for these guys to make us faster while being told we only want to go 90% on the risk factory on the dangerous corners. No doubt I can drive a second off just by not caring in 17, 1 and BB.. They have to pick thir battles.

Nigel is terrific and very experienced in communicating good, vetted information.

Important for everyone to keep their minds open, but also to realize that there are no "silver bullets."
He's awesome. And fun to be around. We know a handful of coaches that we have been around for weekends at the time that are a ton of fun and can teach any of us how to go faster. If you are modding your car and you are signed of solo and you have not hired a coach you are an idiot. Nigel is available Dec 8+9.

Originally Posted by sstjohn
http://youtu.be/nPprudydEhg

It was his first hot lap in my car. He left it in 3rd coming out of 7. Must have been used to those POS RS's.
He did comment that he was impressed with your car and that it drove much softer than our cars. Maybe we should leave suspension in soft as Clarke says..

you were on Hoosiers....no excuses
Right Hoosiers in 85F weather is 2-3 seconds, the difference in 17, 1 and 16 was staggering.

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Here it goes a few more ....
Erik puking coolant, you can see that he's already spreading the pain before turn 16... After that Clarke seeing the world in 360 degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcz_CS4PwFg
Too bad I can't watch you video's because I cant watch a 2 minute commercial first. get rid of that or be banned from Trakcar Nation.

Nah...retired myself from DE cup this weekend. The risk is getting too high with no reward, and I dont want to lose a friend over an incident........or see someone get hurt. Most of the DE cup drivers only have a half cage at best. Track curtiousy for DE enviroment is getting a little out of control. When I see ALMS drivers drifting around the track Ill start thinking it is a controlled proper technique...until then I'll join Peter and drive in my bubble

Here was by best lap using the Vbox, I really enjoyed the system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PF_w...1&feature=plcp
Nice driving. I'm looking forward to our V boxes. I like my bubble. I win powerball and I invite you but we each drive opposit of the track and go sit in baller trailer compare video's.

Originally Posted by mkk62
Some fast hands Eddie! Nice vids.

Mk
He's a natural. if he cleans up his driving he might be the Platinum Cup champion in the RPW backed ultimate cheater RS.

My best in the mighty 4.0 was a 2:20.2 only :00.2 better than Eddie and Randy and Randy and I had a coach.
Would like to see Eddie's TBL, mine was a 2:19.4 I think and that is getting close to an 2:18998

Too busy today, just got done with work, I have not even opened my laptop to look the new Vbox software or my data besides with Nigel yesterday.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
That's because he has 7.2 RS w/PDK. If he drove my car, it'd have PDK too,... Eddie = PDK.

Video is awesome, but sitting in the passenger seat is jaw-dropping.

Wow,... Fantastic weekend! So much to recap. I graduated into Chin Intermediate and ran a 2:29.0 for my personal best (3.5 sec improvement from June).

DE Cup is a riot. I am still amazed at the talent here and the commorodarie is what makes this sport so great. Thank you Erik and Eddie for helping me swap wheels, and of course to Peter for being my turnkey arrive and drive solution(!!!). Thanks Randy for the very helpful instruction and coaching too.

I always learn so much from everyone around me: be it driving lines, car dynamics, technical items, etc. Makes for a most rewarding experience! Another successful Florida delivery. Thanks again to the Famous Trakcar - a true class act.

The countdown to Winterfest begins!
Stephen, you are welcome and a great friend to have in the GT3 DE CUP.
Famous trakcar. Right...

The car is already detailed and will go to Orbit soon for service and nut and bolt check. It wll be ready for you if you change your mind and escape the frozen North before Winterfest, if not; Look forward to see you at Winterfest. Winterfest is special!

I hope the looong flight back was OK today.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a really good weekend. I spend time with the famous Track Car and that was really cool. :-) Thank you Clarke, for two of everything on the menu!

I made new friends this weekend too, and that is worth a lot.

I need more coaching, lots of it! Be back for more soon...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I have not even opened my laptop to look the new Vbox software or my data besides with Nigel yesterday.
If you need help, ping me. I stock them and accessories, too. 'Course, Nikki is much better to look at!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Peter, tks ...

TBL was 2:19.289 I was far from my best driving. Need a coach for December to slow me down a bit so I can go faster.
I'm also trying to learn something with this Data thing, but honestly is easier to drive backwards than look at this thing and understand it.

Ultimate cheater ??

No monoballs, no LSD. At least still the fastest 3.8

Quick Reply: Roll call Sebring Nov 3-4 with Chin