Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Sorry for being late fellas... but here they are on the web site now
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=347
Can you powder coat satin black similar to Rays wheel below?
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

I would think so yes nizer. We had used a coating just like that for a while on certain things in the past.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Orbit r
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received our first sets. Pictures and measurements to come on a 3.8RS.

Thank you Baron
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Orbit r
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, we just test fitted the Baron 3+ wing uprights on a 997.2 GT3RS (3.8)

Pics were taken with the same distance, and this is the first pic, with the OEM up rights

Rear view:

We also checked the angle on the wing with the OEM uprights in 2 different points - Wing in LOW POSITION

Now the Baron 3+ Wing Uprights

With the engine lid open, you can verify that it clears the rear window and also body without any problems

Angles:

As it came with ''OEM finish''

Impressions:

Very high quality product, perfect fitment and finish. The color is close to the Porsche factory silver, but not exact, for those who are looking for that information. On the other hand we know how difficult is to exact match the factory color. Same thing happens with wheels.

Thank you.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Surprised that the Mancation Boyz haven't had a few sets of these next day aired up to them. I'm sure there is more down force but I think it actually looks better with the Baron Upright Mod.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Bump.
My Amex and I need to recover.
I'll get these ASAP.

For now car is at dealer with CEL!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Just got mine from Sharky... eagerly awaiting the install. Meantime I need to start reading on traffic regs coz this will likely get the attention of cops who take a pretty hard stance against modding over here...
Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

CRex these look so much like stock...do you think the traffic cops know 997.2 GT3RS wing upright stock dimensions? Just show them a picture of a GT3RS from the Porsche catalog.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:31 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Just got mine from Sharky... eagerly awaiting the install. Meantime I need to start reading on traffic regs coz this will likely get the attention of cops who take a pretty hard stance against modding over here...
There is no way, unless the cops are on this board and are RS owners, they would have any idea it isn't stock - id bet half the guys at the dealership wouldn't know - if it was a Honda Accord with that wing yes - now if you are running Alex's track exhaust then you will have a problem.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
in HK.?
c'mon, u know how that goes.
as we say CASH is king should u get pulled over. if that fails to work, more CASH and offer up the female passenger then tape it so u can blackmail them.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:20 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Having an older car, I'm not even a potential customer. But I'm surprised at how damn expensive these things are. Especially considering the aftermarket one isn't starting from scratch, but is taking the base OEM dimensions and making it taller. Nice product though and looks as good as OEM. I'm tempted to have my local CNC guy whip these up and sell it for $1000
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 PM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Having an older car, I'm not even a potential customer.
Then why the immature trouble making post ?

[/QUOTE]But I'm surprised at how damn expensive these things are.[/QUOTE]

The parts that we manufactured are $1000 less than the factory OE 3.8 BUT have the same quality

......3.8 supports (R)#997.512.682.90 (L)#997.512.681.90 $2,642 pair
......4.0 supports (R)#997.512.682.93 (L)#997.512.681.93 $1,887 pair

[/QUOTE] Especially considering the aftermarket one isn't starting from scratch, but is taking the base OEM dimensions and making it taller. [/QUOTE]

If you actually read the original post in its entirety as well as post 39, you'd see that these parts were in fact "started from scratch" as you put it, while trying to keep the OE look for several obvious reasons that are stated by later posters.

These pieces were created and designed by an Aerospace engineer with several degrees, NOT some $20 per hour CNC operator. Many hours were put into design, performance perameters, strength concerns and liability issues
(since our country is being ruined by scumbag plaintiff's extortionists)

[/QUOTE] Nice product though and looks as good as OEM.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, that is what we were aiming for !

[/QUOTE] I'm tempted to have my local CNC guy whip these up and sell it for $1000 [/QUOTE]

Again, these pieces were designed by an engineer using Catia & Solid Works software, NOT whittled out by some $20 per hour CNC operator ....... so, in this litigious society we live in, you should think it through before casually taking on this kind of responsibility just to make what you think is a quick $$$.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by The Baron
But I'm surprised at how damn expensive these things are.[/QUOTE]

The parts that we manufactured are $1000 less than the factory OE 3.8 BUT have the same quality

[/QUOTE] Especially considering the aftermarket one isn't starting from scratch, but is taking the base OEM dimensions and making it taller. [/QUOTE]

If you actually read the original post in its entirety as well as post 39, you'd see that these parts were in fact "started from scratch" as you put it, while trying to keep the OE look for several obvious reasons that are stated by later posters.

These pieces were created and designed by an Aerospace engineer with several degrees, NOT some $20 per hour CNC operator. Many hours were put into design, performance perameters, strength concerns and liability issues

[/QUOTE] I'm tempted to have my local CNC guy whip these up and sell it for $1000 [/QUOTE]

Again, these pieces were designed by an engineer using Catia & Solid Works software, NOT whittled out by some $20 per hour CNC operator ....... so, in this litigious society we live in, you should think it through before casually taking on this kind of responsibility just to make what you think is a quick $$$.[/QUOTE]

Ah Baron... don't take it so personally. MEs always get **** on. Take it from one who has his whole career. Any time someone can actually touch your work, they become an expert. I remember once sitting in a project meeting and getting it good. We always had every department represented. The finance guy starts telling me how my design sucked and how it could be improved. That never happens to the EEs or the SWEs. You can't physically touch their stuff and it's too intimidating. But real parts... everyone becomes an expert!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by The Baron
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Having an older car, I'm not even a potential customer.
But I'm surprised at how damn expensive these things are.[/QUOTE]

Again, these pieces were designed by an engineer using Catia & Solid Works software, NOT whittled out by some $20 per hour CNC operator ....... so, in this litigious society we live in, you should think it through before casually taking on this kind of responsibility just to make what you think is a quick $$$.[/QUOTE]

Not sure many of the people considering this mod will endure enough downforce on the way to cars and cafe
Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't know why people get upset when someone posts something contrary to their opinion. Always a risk when posting on a public forum.

It's an aluminum bracket for a car wing, not a space shuttle part. And I hardly think you need an engineer from Boeing to produce this part. Sounds over-engineered on your part for what it is. I have no intention of producing this part. Then again, at what appears to be 500% margin, maybe I should consider it

Quick Reply: RS 4.O Owners Wing solution now available