Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Makes no sense.....
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gstahl
Couple suggestions.

- Do we want to see if a effectively neutral party (shop, HoD, someone else, etc.) wants to help set this up (track, event organization, catering, services, etc.)? I think all the drivers have visions of what works best for them and it maybe worth bringing in someone to do the organization of the event.

do we want to look at a more notable track (I am thinking about repeatability) which has history and other comparible known lap times. Like Infineon or something else?
No need to pay an "outsider", this is "our" event. As a frequent tracker, who has run with SpeedVentures/HOD/PCA SD/PCA GG/SCCA/Trackmasters/MyPrivateTrackDay/NCRC etc etc I have a lot of good/bad to draw on to run a drivers event. Nobody can do this better than I can Whoever wants to accept the responsibility to run the next one is welcome to run it as they see fit.

Is it important to reduce the number of cars that go home wrecked on a trailer? Whoever organizes the next one can make that decision. Not being dramatic, facts are facts. I don't want cloud on "my" event. No worse feeling than going into a wall or watching your friend do it. I'll sacrifice provenance any day to avoid it. Others may feel differently and that can be addressed or not next time.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Why not just send everyone out and let them run, then add weight and restrictors until you get the desired winner like they do in most of the pro series?
Now you are talking. Wonder if jesse will notice if throw 10 lead bricks into his frunk? haha...

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
savyboy has the advantage at RFR as a home track, and I don't care. Actually, I would rather have someone to talk to about strategy and driving line, key spots, than going blind.

@savyboy, what's the head count to make it happen? the less cars the better. What's the safest and most repeatable configuration? we don't want to destroy our toys with sink hole, tire walls, etc.
I am personally all about the collaboration and Jesse is as well. I've instructed at RFR for two years now with SCCA and I share everything I know with my left-seaters. And really, I am not the fastest guy in an evenly matched group. I'll give all that I can to help everyone else, that is my commitment to attendees.

Thinking max 60 cars among 3 groups. If drivers are courteous and cooperative then that is no problem on a big track. Trust me on choosing the right config, I have run most of them at this track and not breaking cars is paramount. Likley config C, running the "peanut" after the Hoot and Holler. It is a freaking trip with all the elevation change and blind corners

Attendees will want to take all three days and will be dreaming how to run it better for months afterward.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy

Now you are talking. Wonder if jesse will notice if throw 10 lead bricks into his frunk? haha...
you might need more than 10.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:32 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Ya know... Grassroots Motorsports has a Ultimate TrackCars Challenge coming up at VIR. Seems like a fun well run event at a great track.....this seems like an events all us big talkers should,look into...LOL.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 PM
wanna911
Race Car

I've thought about it, it is a great competition. You don't just get accepted though, you have to get votes on Cardomain or something like that. That has been a deterrent for me from day one, that and it's always in the hottest part of summer.

That being said, I would be interested in a group trip up there. But the private event sounds more fun. GRM is 2-3 laps tops and out, that may not fly for most people.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Wanna, I didn't know about the vote in...well now I know. Hope to have some kind of fun rennlist track event....would be cool to meet more people on these forums. Other than that, craming my 6'5" frame into my GT2 seats to drive my car out west isn't going to be fun...might be worth it though.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:33 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Mike, from Atlanta, it's 35 hrs per mapquest, I think I could get it down to 28 or so, but from Florida, you are certainly looking at 35+ hours. Too much driving for me! That's almost 3 days of just driving to/from the track not to mention stopping to rest etc.

You up for that?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:36 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Savvy... I'm in SF, I'll do a Reno track day if you put it together. I never been to it but i have heard great things ...
Old 07-07-2012, 09:36 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Savvy... I'm in SF, I'll do a Reno track day if you put it together. I never been to it but i have heard great things ...
The sign-up/info thread is here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...nov-2-4-a.html

What car are you bringing?

Quick Reply: Fast 4.0 at Laguna Seca this weekend