Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Deputy dog ran 2:23.94 at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:42 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so. hooters, pro, cold day, no traffic......16/17 should be achievable.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:49 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
I've seen a GT3 on Hoosiers driven by a pro do a 2:19.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
I don't really care much about instructing either. I just wanted to get to the next group with extended passing. In PCA Yellow means only passing in the straights
I understand fully and that is why I rarely run PCA events and mostly stick to Chin or others with expanded passing rules.

Peter
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
I understand fully and that is why I rarely run PCA events and mostly stick to Chin or others with expanded passing rules.

Peter
Yup, PCA is not likely to see me unless they adopt expanded passing rules for Yellow or next year's instructor school.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
Depends in grip available

I can see a couple of seconds of grip change some days after rain
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Rad, I e-mailed you all our data including Chris Hall. Did you get the data? 2 e-mails where I combined all data in one file.

We both ran 2:23's with Chris in the car, Chris by himself ran a 2:21 (First lap out, the rest he had too much traffic) I by myself before coaching the first morning ran a 2:222 TBL was 2:214 in my own car. I am sure that my new tires on Izzones made for a faster car. Hard to know how much faster, but my bet would be that without Chris in the car, with fresher tires in my own car I would for sure have done a 2:21+ and if I got all Chris's instructions executed a maybe even a 2:20+.

Chris says that he would post a 2:19 flat that day in Randy's car with my good tires if he had some room. He said anyone else claiming faster was full of it.
Peter, please email me the raw files. Yes I got the .tqs file but some info is lost when using the analysis file.

I have data from MrSideways (Ian) in Izzone's Aero Beetle. Some interesting facts, whatever Chris Hall taught Izzone on Bishop bend, Izzone taught to me yesterday rather quickly and very detailed, what a difference.

Before Randy's coaching at Bishop, I was topping at 111mph in the Cayman, once I learned the new line, I was flat from T13 and maxed out to 117mph, it doesn't sound like much, but this is in a bone stock Cayman with stock size wheels, stock (and 40k old) suspension sans a GT3 sway bar and with the body roll of an SUV. To put 117mph in perspective through Bishop bend, my top speed in the Cayman the whole weekend was 133 mph, so my speed differential between Bishop and the entry to T17 was just 16 mph, but earlier in the day it was (my old driving line through Bishop) 22 mph.

When MrSideways drove Izzone's RS, he topped at 124 mph through Bishop, and the max speed for the RS was 146mph, a 22 mph difference.

My data from January in the Fiat (my first 2 days at Sebring) shows a top speed of 154mph at Sebring, with Bishop Bend at 118 mph, just 1 mph faster than the Cayman, despite of the Cayman and Fiat being similar in weight, and the Fiat having vastly superior mechanical and dynamic limits. A difference of 36 mph that tells me I couldn't drive Bishop bend in January after 2 days at Sebring. Despite of this, the Fiat shows a TBL of 2:19.737.

Izzone's data would be revealing, as he topped Ian's speed through bishop by 3mph, a lot of extra speed for such a long section.

Izzone's Bishop King for sure, the best part is how composed and stable the RS feels at Bishop bend, a revelation of a good driving line. For me, going 117 mph through Bishop at the end of the day was easier than going 111 mph in the morning.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 757 Posts

Pro on slicks in regular '10 GT3 is 2:18.

Pro on slicks with a day of playing with bars, LSD and PSI is 2:14 and I heard someone say; "If he does not do 2:15 I'll kick him in the head".
Old 11-14-2011, 12:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure what my top speed at Bishop's was in Randy's car VS my car.
I'll look, but I really did not change my line to much I think, just took it in 4th and braked earlier for 15..

123 I think was fastest I did it in Randy's car, maybe that's the weight of the exhaust delete?
Also not sure V max at Bishop is the fastest way around the track.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I finally made Instructor at PCA this weekend. I actually enjoy teaching people at the track, so I was pretty pumped. Obviously the decrease in sign up fee's and faster run groups are definitely a added bonus....

Now to the excruciating post....

As much is it pains me to write this, DeputyDog ran multiple 2:23's this weekend. I ran multiple 2:24's in traffic, so as of right now, the dirty Irishman faster.

On a side note: I am breaking into Peter and Randy's garage's and stealing their RA1 surplus.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Greek
I finally made Instructor at PCA this weekend. I actually enjoy teaching people at the track, so I was pretty pumped. Obviously the decrease in sign up fee's and faster run groups are definitely a added bonus....

As much is it pains me to write this, DeputyDog ran multiple 2:23's this weekend. I ran multiple 2:24's in traffic, so as of right now, the dirty Irishman faster.

On a side note: I am breaking into Peter and Randy's garage's and stealing their RA1 surplus.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM
JoshuaB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sin911
Yup, PCA is not likely to see me unless they adopt expanded passing rules for Yellow or next year's instructor school.
Some PCA regions like the Crown Region have the expanded passing rules for the RED instructors group as well as the BLACK advanced solo group...that way you can be in a run group with full course passing (with point-bys) that you do not need to be an instructor to run...
Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Pro on slicks in regular '10 GT3 is 2:18.

Pro on slicks with a day of playing with bars, LSD and PSI is 2:14 and I heard someone say; "If he does not do 2:15 I'll kick him in the head".
.1 gt3 pro was mr hall
Old 11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaB
Some PCA regions like the Crown Region have the expanded passing rules for the RED instructors group as well as the BLACK advanced solo group...that way you can be in a run group with full course passing (with point-bys) that you do not need to be an instructor to run...
Was at the Suncoast PCA a few weeks ago when we had a mandatory meeting to discuss IF Suncoast changed rules "in the future" to allow expanded passing, this is what you would need to do. Crazy. Then was it the Chief Instructor(???) that said the eyes of PCA National are watching us as this we would be the first to try this NEW concept. Then everyone chimed in and said, ahhh there are lots of Porsche clubs already running like this.... Are these people stuck in a time warp? Have they ever gone to other events to see what others, including Porsche Clubs, are doing to improve the local experience? Doubt it. Run DE line, and run it slow. And I have been a PCA National instructor for about 25 years, and have no interest instructing with them anymore till things change. Rich T come back!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek

Congrats Greek
Told you R888 no good. Just get Hoosiers. Deputy is on the loose!

Deputy What did you have for breakfast that day, or did you finally bother to allign the car?! :23's is impressive. My hat's off to you

Originally Posted by JoshuaB
Same for Gold Coast and a bunch of other ones I have run.

.1 gt3 pro was mr hall
Actually they were referring to Jeroen Bleekemolen another Dutch guy that will run for Orbit in 24hrs daytona this year.

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Was at the Suncoast PCA a few weeks ago when we had a mandatory meeting to discuss IF Suncoast changed rules "in the future" to allow expanded passing, this is what you would need to do. Crazy. Then was it the Chief Instructor(???) that said the eyes of PCA National are watching us as this we would be the first to try this NEW concept. Then everyone chimed in and said, ahhh there are lots of Porsche clubs already running like this.... Are these people stuck in a time warp? Have they ever gone to other events to see what others, including Porsche Clubs, are doing to improve the local experience? Doubt it. Run DE line, and run it slow. And I have been a PCA National instructor for about 25 years, and have no interest instructing with them anymore till things change. Rich T come back!!!!!!!
That is what I was referring to. Yes, they are stuck in a time warp :-)
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually they were referring to Jeroen Bleekemolen another Dutch guy that will run for Orbit in 24hrs daytona this year.
So are there any Dutch guys left in Dutch"land" if you and this other guy are over here???

Quick Reply: Deputy dog ran 2:23.94 at Sebring