Originally Posted by jenk12m
Randy are you changing your red out as well
U will see
Old 11-18-2011, 09:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

That's good driving

A 2:23.94 is a 2:23 and this thread name has been corrected.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Someone in a silver GT3 chasing Giesha.....a little overdriving
Was that during his instructor check out ride on Saturday?

Originally Posted by mkk62
great lap andrew.....you got some time at bishops...do all yellow cars coast like that

c u dec...

may have to get some hoosiers

mike
Your days are numbered! Be prepared to move over when the rumble bee comes coasting past you in your cheater 996

Originally Posted by mdrums
Y'all pickin on my little buddy Deptuty Dog...
It's fear that drives their negativity. They know it won't be long before Team Ireland and Team Greece will be all over them. It's just a matter of time at this point
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
That's good driving

A 2:23.94 is a 2:23 and this thread name has been corrected.
Thanks Reter. Now the tricky part will be figuring out how to do that consistently. Without following Eric
Old 11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

I don't think you ever got close enough to Erik to really benefit from looking at him and following his line and ape his braking points too much so him being rabbit was really just motivational.

IMHO you did it all on your own, Hooters or not.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

U just need a decent tire. Got nick on ra1 crack today
I spent the better part early yesterday morning emailing every track oriented toyo retailer regarding 315 rears. Nothing... They're all gone. Not sure what I'm going to with RA coming up next weekend. While I really like the hoosiers, they're a horrible value for a DE guy. I got a whopping 4 days out of them, with the last day them being very mediocre.

Originally Posted by sin911
LOL! Turkey lost due to the referees... I knew I was screwed the moment they announced the final check out instructor

You think so?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Someone in a silver GT3 chasing Giesha.....a little overdriving
When I read that I thought it might have been me but this is not silver Thank god there are no pictures of me like that...
Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
In NASCAR there is something called drafting. I won't explain it here, if you need to know, buy a PS3 and GT5, read, play, and you will understand the concept.

That Yellow GT3 was drafting a wide body 2010 GT3 RS that is capable to create an empty spot of Zero wind resistance behind.

There is another 0.7 secs on Izzone's RS around Sebring, basic autocross line at T7 and around T10/T11, I will know more when I get his data, but if I were Reter, I would be thinking about buying more cheater parts, because Izzone is getting to the Zone.

A 2:24 lap in the heaviest GT3 ever made (the U.S. version 2007 GT3 with mandatory sunroof), plus extra pendulum weight from a gigantic trailer hitch, is respectable and solid from every standpoint, drafting or not.

I'm now a club member of the "I drove flat out through Bishop"
He was about 75-100 meters ahead of me most of the time so I'm not sure drafting was a factor. Having a pumpkin orange track tour guide didn't hurt though
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Andrew, nice job! I just watched your video.

Your second lap was much better. You were definitely carrying more speed in Bishops and braking later for 17.

I still can't believe I didn't get a single clear lap in both Chin and PCA events
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I spent the better part early yesterday morning emailing every track oriented toyo retailer regarding 315 rears. Nothing... They're all gone. Not sure what I'm going to with RA coming up next weekend. While I really like the hoosiers, they're a horrible value for a DE guy. I got a whopping 4 days out of them, with the last day them being very mediocre.
4 days? Seriously? How many sessions of what duration?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek
I finally made Instructor at PCA this weekend. I actually enjoy teaching people at the track, so I was pretty pumped. Obviously the decrease in sign up fee's and faster run groups are definitely a added bonus....

Now to the excruciating post....

As much is it pains me to write this, DeputyDog ran multiple 2:23's this weekend. I ran multiple 2:24's in traffic, so as of right now, the dirty Irishman faster.

On a side note: I am breaking into Peter and Randy's garage's and stealing their RA1 surplus.
I'm finally getting to read this whole thread. Hence my painfully late posts...

Congrats again on making instructor. Welcome to the wonderful world of cheap DE's. Now you can roll your reg fees into your tire budget We need to start campaigning on getting you cross approved with chin and pboc.

Personally I really enjoy instructing. I did a ton of training when I was in the narcotics unit and it felt great to watch someone progress from being a newb into a full blown undercover machine.

Same goes for DE instructing. I had some great experiences when I first started. Well, the first one wasn't so great. ViperBob was my instructor. That wasn't the bad part believe it or not Brake master cylinder went bad on our second lap with Bob driving. Pedal to the floor, no brakes whatsoever. Bob managed to limp it back and I went home on a flat bed. Despite all that, he managed to get me some rides in Tom Kerr's (frightening) and Terry Reidell's (even more frightening) cars that day. Even though it sucked *** being trailered home, Bob showed me a great time regardless, and I came back. Again, and again, and again.

Even though its a lot of extra work, I enjoy seeing students I've had come back and tell me how they're doing and how much fun they're having at the track. There were a bunch of instructors that took the time to show me how to drive around Sebring without killing anyone or myself, so it's nice being able to return the favor. And obviously the free reg fees don't suck either
Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Same goes for DE instructing. I had some great experiences when I first started. Well, the first one wasn't so great. ViperBob was my instructor. That wasn't the bad part believe it or not Brake master cylinder went bad on our second lap with Bob driving. Pedal to the floor, no brakes whatsoever. Bob managed to limp it back and I went home on a flat bed. Despite all that, he managed to get me some rides in Tom Kerr's (frightening) and Terry Reidell's (even more frightening) cars that day. Even though it sucked *** being trailered home, Bob showed me a great time regardless, and I came back. Again, and again, and again.
Oh great, now Kathy is going to think it is my fault you spend so much money doing this stuff. Do I need to watch out next time I see her? Has she trained 'the chunk' to attack me next time?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:40 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

It is the extra grip in teh rear he gets from the trailer hitch
That hitch is my good luck charm. It's never coming off.

Originally Posted by Erik
I'm happy that i was there first to tow Deputy along a little (nothing like having a rabbit to chase) and then to make The Greek's blood boil upon hearing Deputy's lap times that he put his foot down, grew a set and got to business. Good times this weekend. Deputy, thanks again for dinner.
You're very welcome. Thanks for hooking me up with the trailer. Although I still smell like garlic from that steak

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
It was fun being passed by Deputy. I would get a run out of T16 and give him many point by, but he would not take them, guy is too proud to pass me on a straight with the extra 120Hp, instead he would take the pass at T17 to show, it is not power that got him to catch my lousy Coxster, but handling.
Had you been in the fiat the roles would have been reversed for sure. I'm still not sure when you found the time to put painters tape scud stripes on your coxster

Whenever I see orange or yellow either behind or in front of me I overdrive the car

The one time Erik saw me I didnt notice him......probably why he didnt catch me
One more reason I'm leaving the hitch on
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Plus ya gotta remember Deputy Dog is technically now a "$$$professional$$$) instructor.

ViperBob...what is it with you and brakes???!!! LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 04:19 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

After seeing the video, Erik was too far to be an official rabbit, so hats off to you. That was a very clean lap.

You know Randy is secretly concerned about our recent progress. His dust plume tactics are ineffective....

Quick Reply: Deputy dog ran 2:23.94 at Sebring