Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Deputy dog ran 2:23.94 at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:23 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Ah, and so the anticipation is rising. Maybe he needs to borow your laptop for an upload??

Yeah, the roll playing is very important for the to be instructors, but it makes for weird track scenario's when one of the chief instructors takes the roll of an out of control student, not buckling their helmets, driving with their foot on the clutch and on the shifter other arm on the door etc. etc.....LOL.

But that's what happens with beginners..
First timers come to the track and trust you to send them and their car home in on piece, so I don't take it lightly..
He had his lap top at the track...downloading every session!

Yeah the PCA school when you are a candidate is a the best instructor school...very thorough....heck I got in trouble for not doing the track walk tour....my bone spur and neuroma was bothering me...hardly could get in my leg in the morning so opted out of the track walk....they didn't like that too much!

I wasn't a Mentor yesterday but during the run groups they had other instructors pair up and go out on the track...you were not allowed to drive unless you had another instructor with you....this was not clear to a lot of us and we didn't understand it was manditory....so out to the track I go by my self because Deputy Dog and I were gonna do this together but he took of on his own....I get pulled over on the hot pits, yelled at and sat there for 10 minutes...finally grabbed an instructor and off we went driving. Again didn't really know it was manditory to drive Green speeds so we were talking about lines and just driving around 7/ths. Session is over and I get approached and in trouble again for driving too fast....Next session is blue speeds, I get the program now...I take Deputy Dog out driving slow on the straights but taking corners at 7/10ths showing him the lines I take and we were discussing those and his lines. Again after lunch I get approached about driving too fast. I gave up driving for the rest of the day until the last session.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
He ran a 2:23
Short Course?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:24 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Short Course?
LOL you mean 1:23 on short course. Nobody is bad enough to run a 2:00+ lap on short course.

Peter
Old 11-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Had a fun day with NJ GT, The Greek, Erik and Deputy Dog

Last session teh greek forgot to turn on video from behind me......I was showing NJ GT what flatout through Bishops Bend was like

127 mph on Traqmate, 131 spedo display
Old 11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one day i'll be fast enough to be an instructor as well and get my 1st taste of instructor school
Old 11-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jenk12m
one day i'll be fast enough to be an instructor as well and get my 1st taste of instructor school
Not everyone makes instructor.....nick was the lucky one this weekend
Old 11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
It was Greece vs Turkey today in instructor candidates and The Greek won out and is now a PCA instructor...Congrats Nick!

I think Deputy Dog got a GPS spike to see 24's..LOL!!!!!

I'm gonna need a new exhaust, Hoosiers and bigger front brakes to keep up in the Carrera GTS
U just need a decent tire. Got nick on ra1 crack today
Old 11-13-2011, 09:48 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

So what is a good time or consistent time at sebring in the 3.8 gt3-rs??

No BS
Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
I figured I'd stir you guys up with the 2.20 comment but with all those goodies that car should be much faster than a stock RS.
What do u mean by stock?

We consider all parts made by Porsche stock replacement
Old 11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stujelly
So what is a good time or consistent time at sebring in the 3.8 gt3-rs??

No BS
2:22
Old 11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Originally Posted by Izzone
Not everyone makes instructor.....nick was the lucky one this weekend
so who did you pay off when it was your turn
Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though I find very tempting the idea of ''free'' track time, I don't think I would be a good passenger.
I love my free time at the track and do nothing. I'm too lazy for that, have no patience, and very VERY low tolerance in case the student scares the crap out of me.
I still need to think about the idea. All the horror stories you hear around the pit area are not fun.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:45 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
It was Greece vs Turkey today in instructor candidates and The Greek won out and is now a PCA instructor...Congrats Nick!

I think Deputy Dog got a GPS spike to see 24's..LOL!!!!!

I'm gonna need a new exhaust, Hoosiers and bigger front brakes to keep up in the Carrera GTS
LOL! Turkey lost due to the referees... I knew I was screwed the moment they announced the final check out instructor

The traffic in Yellow was so bad I couldn't go lower than 2:30 today and left before the last session. What a waste of my weekend it was
Old 11-13-2011, 11:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Even though I find very tempting the idea of ''free'' track time, I don't think I would be a good passenger.
I love my free time at the track and do nothing. I'm too lazy for that, have no patience, and very VERY low tolerance in case the student scares the crap out of me.
I still need to think about the idea. All the horror stories you hear around the pit area are not fun.
You could always beat it into them! I've only been scare twice by a student...95% of them have been fun and nice....most of them have lack natural talent to drive but that's OK they had fun and learned something and I still see some of them at the track to this day...still running in Green for years...but they must be having fun.
I've been lucky this year with students. My neighbor 2 houses down started DE and requested me and I coached him all the way to solo. He was fun, very into it and very prepared to learn and do his best. His wife is now starting to DE and I coached her last weekend. Funny thing is she is naturally more smooth with steering inputs and braking. She had a blast, learned a lot and is coming back for more.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:55 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate the positive feedback. Maybe if I only get into green students wouldn't be that bad.
I still have doubts of my teaching abilities. I still have to think about it. Maybe go with Randy to RRR and do the instructor school.
Always have the option to instruct or not. I'll think about it.

Quick Reply: Deputy dog ran 2:23.94 at Sebring