Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Deputy dog ran 2:23.94 at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It was fun being passed by Deputy. I would get a run out of T16 and give him many point by, but he would not take them, guy is too proud to pass me on a straight with the extra 120Hp, instead he would take the pass at T17 to show, it is not power that got him to catch my lousy Coxster, but handling.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
It was fun being passed by Deputy. I would get a run out of T16 and give him many point by, but he would not take them, guy is too proud to pass me on a straight with the extra 120Hp, instead he would take the pass at T17 to show, it is not power that got him to catch my lousy Coxster, but handling.
It is the extra grip in teh rear he gets from the trailer hitch
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Rad,

Kind of like that late point by you gave me at 10, that sent me sliding sideways. All I thought was, "Not the right time to pass...."
Old 11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm happy that i was there first to tow Deputy along a little (nothing like having a rabbit to chase) and then to make The Greek's blood boil upon hearing Deputy's lap times that he put his foot down, grew a set and got to business. Good times this weekend. Deputy, thanks again for dinner.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Erik, you will always be my favorite rabbit and the most annoying to be a rabbit for. :-)
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Erik, you will always be my favorite rabbit and the most annoying to be a rabbit for. :-)
Whenever I see orange or yellow either behind or in front of me I overdrive the car

The one time Erik saw me I didnt notice him......probably why he didnt catch me
Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 PM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great Sunday at Sebring this weekend. Everyone has a story to tell but here is what stands out in the order in which it occurred for me:

1.) Ran into Erik and congratulated him for attending Saturday instructor school. That is the sign of a great instructor, giving back.
2.) Spoke with Randy and told him my Traqmate wasn't working again but he wasn't buying it.....again.
3.) Congratulate the Greek for making it through instructor school so he can start to give back. What a talented driver and soon to be great instructor.
3.) Went out for my first session in Red and got passed by every car out there except maybe one.
4.) Had a great time helping a very nice guy safely get around the track in his GT2 for three sessions incident free. Now I have another acquaintance through PCA I can now call a friend.
5.) Went back out on track after lunch and got passed again by everybody. Deputy dog drove by me so quickly some of the clear film Pepe just put on my car Saturday may have peeled off.
6.) Randy fixes my Traqmate by showing me the signal can't pass through the clear shield on the windshield. Damn! Now I have to figure out another way to sabotage my Traqmate and lie about my track times.
7.) Randy takes pity on his friend and old instructor in attempt to get his old mojo back and shows him what 2:22's are all about sitting right seat in the Geisha. Everything was text book, never once felt uncomfortable and the car and driver always felt in complete control. I've never been through Bishop's "flat out" before and it was awesome. What an incredible ride. I couldn't be happier and more proud for you.
8.) Go back out and track and try to park my car behind the corner worker at Turn 7 to hide from all the traffic that is so much faster than me until he threatens to black flag me......OK I'm exaggerating a bit now.
9.) Say goodbye to all the great people I've gotten to know through all the great clubs here in Florida. What a pleasure it is to come home and drive on a world famous track with such a great group of people.

Thanks for a great weekend I can't wait to do it again!

Best,

Chris
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow, 6 pages. I finally had the change to log in as it's been a crazy day at the office. The Greek texted me today that there was actually a thread on this. I'm looking forward to reading this from beginning to end tomorrow when I get some time. I'm certain Randy has some interesting comments

Anyway, no video as of yet. This is my first time actually using the RK software and I made the mistake of doing an update today. Nothing is working right and it keeps crashing every time I try to do something. MrDrums said I need to call RK in the morning and delete a file that was imported through the update. Why the file is still in the update at this point is beyond me since they clearly no it's a problem...

I've had a text message or two for video, so this will have to do for now I'm off to bed. Taking Friday off to go to Sebring and getting home late Sunday night put me way behind the 8 ball. You'll have to wait till tomorrow to get vid of Erik towing me around the track

Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Andrew!
I say no sleep until proven with video and data....
Than again I just had 5 Mass (Boca Biergarten sucks, I had to translate that to 1L of beer. The weiner schnitzel was OK) and I'm going for 6000 posts, so never mind me.

Still, if your are following the Eriks and the likes ..
First Randy, now deputy had a good breakfast and the Greek is next.

I'm going to train a cheater part sniffing dog. Probably a cocker spaniel.

It's gonna be a hard DE winter season for old Trakcar..:thumbup
Old 11-14-2011, 11:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbweaver1
What a great Sunday at Sebring this weekend. Everyone has a story to tell but here is what stands out in the order in which it occurred for me:

1.) Ran into Erik and congratulated him for attending Saturday instructor school. That is the sign of a great instructor, giving back.
2.) Spoke with Randy and told him my Traqmate wasn't working again but he wasn't buying it.....again.
3.) Congratulate the Greek for making it through instructor school so he can start to give back. What a talented driver and soon to be great instructor.
3.) Went out for my first session in Red and got passed by every car out there except maybe one.
4.) Had a great time helping a very nice guy safely get around the track in his GT2 for three sessions incident free. Now I have another acquaintance through PCA I can now call a friend.
5.) Went back out on track after lunch and got passed again by everybody. Deputy dog drove by me so quickly some of the clear film Pepe just put on my car Saturday may have peeled off.
6.) Randy fixes my Traqmate by showing me the signal can't pass through the clear shield on the windshield. Damn! Now I have to figure out another way to sabotage my Traqmate and lie about my track times.
7.) Randy takes pity on his friend and old instructor in attempt to get his old mojo back and shows him what 2:22's are all about sitting right seat in the Geisha. Everything was text book, never once felt uncomfortable and the car and driver always felt in complete control. I've never been through Bishop's "flat out" before and it was awesome. What an incredible ride. I couldn't be happier and more proud for you.
8.) Go back out and track and try to park my car behind the corner worker at Turn 7 to hide from all the traffic that is so much faster than me until he threatens to black flag me......OK I'm exaggerating a bit now.
9.) Say goodbye to all the great people I've gotten to know through all the great clubs here in Florida. What a pleasure it is to come home and drive on a world famous track with such a great group of people.

Thanks for a great weekend I can't wait to do it again!

Best,

Chris
LOL, LOL, LOL

You are a funny guy.
Erik is not really giving back, he's just getting "get out of jail for free" cards. What are your laptimes for real? If you are getting passed by orange we need to get more coaching I can't compare to real coaches, but I'll volunteer.

am I at 6000 yet?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Reter, if u lightened up some on the beer you wouldn't be sleeping and still posting away...like me..but I'm in a hotel room bored and could really use some beer.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beer keeps you awake
Old 11-15-2011, 04:46 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

exactly
Old 11-15-2011, 05:21 AM
jenk12m