Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So envious :-)
Old 09-25-2011, 03:22 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 4.0

Congrats Pete. What a car! I hope you'll eventually share your insights and provide a comparison with your previous 3.8RS as well as your GT2RS. Enjoy it.

Nelson
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great Pete! I thought it was suppose to be black??
Old 09-25-2011, 06:18 AM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderful car Pete!
Is that leather is see on the dash?
Enjoy it in good health,
w
Old 09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by wurlie
Wonderful car Pete!
Enjoy it in good health,
w
I believe full leather is standard on the 4.0
Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Congratulations, Pete! That is a beautiful and well specced car for sure. I'm looking forward to your write-up on the new brakes.

I know what you mean about how hard a black car is keep clean. My Turbo S and Cayenne are both white, and the GT3 is black, and I swear it takes as much effort to keep clean as the other two put together. Nonetheless, a nice problem to have.
Thanks JFR! Write up will happen, I know a lot of folks are looking forward to seeing the "more elusive than a Sundaland Clouded Leopard" MovIt GT3 full system. Hell, I am! lol...I continue to be told it really exists...

Turbo S...I think that is one of the greatest values in the Porsche line-up right now (along w/Cayenne). All-weather, low profile super car. I secretly crave one but don't tell anybody.

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Wow, such an awesome car. Congrats, Pete!
Thanks Joe! I am going to try and make HOD at TH in Nov, hopefully i will see you there

Originally Posted by stujelly
congrats on the new car. Tell us how the new brake system works.
Thanks Steven, you know I will

Originally Posted by Hardback
The 4 liter sounds wicked. Thanks for taking us on a ride....
You are welcome. I bet the new open, cone, air filters contribute to the aural delights. The top 1500 rpm's should be a joy to explore.

Originally Posted by Pablobravo
So jealous !!! Do you have the " thicker Steering wheel " option on your 3.8 RS ? Is the 4.0 wheel thicker, or smaller in diameter ?
No need for jealousy PB, we are all lucky owners. I have the regular thickness wheel in my 3.8 RS, not sure if 4.0 is thicker or not, have to look to see. On that subject let me say Porsche wheels have a huge diameter. I absolutely love the smaller diameter Personal (brand) wheel in my 3.8. Makes OE Porsche wheel feel like a bus wheel

Originally Posted by Aerokitted
"my president is black but my porsche's all white"

you da man congrats
Lol...Thanks!

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Ummmm... you were a little wide of that apex on the on ramp in that first video there, buddy!

LOL Just teasing.

Wow! Congrats, my friend!!!!! In the immortal words of Wayne & Garth... I"'m not worthy!!!"
Get out of here!

Hope you are having fun at TH today Lar. Sorry I could not make it.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Late to the thread, but Pete, that is one nice spec!!

Back to the 4.0 PET part numbers thread for me I guess.

911Slow can probably just summerise the complete suspension parts list I need + the pressure plate that I will break soon.

The carbon fenders, hood and engine will have to come later....

I want one so bad, but must remain on the straight and narrow.
Must remain on the straight and narrow.
Must remain on the straight and narrow.

For now.
Haha...

Be smart- wait a year or two and buy one pre-owned after a dumb depreciation sponge (not me, but like me...) has soaked up the initial $ hit.

One of the more important changes is the solid rear lower shock mount. I dearly wanted to retrofit that to my 3.8. However...that necessitates replacing the rear carriers and also the wheel bearings. The parts themselves are not "so" expensive, carrier is MSRP only $600 each or so, but it is a ****-load of work to do the job. If you do this, then the smart thing would be to combine the carrier replacement with a 5-lug conversion (see DJN's thread).

Carbon hood would be easy, but the fenders would be another PITA to retrofit after the fact. They would be a big job to do. Better just to pull the driver-side fender liner and remove that ginormous and heavy washer fluid reservoir. Ask me how I know about this...

Originally Posted by silverboy
So envious :-)
Lol, grab yourself a build slot!

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Congrats Pete. What a car! I hope you'll eventually share your insights and provide a comparison with your previous 3.8RS as well as your GT2RS. Enjoy it.

Nelson
Thanks Nelson! Will do.

Originally Posted by mikymu
Looks great Pete! I thought it was suppose to be black??
It was, then it was not, then it was, then it was not... I LOVE the look of the black with black w/black wheels and with the red interior it would be crazy awesome. BUT. Too hard to keep clean and too damn hot in the summer. Hope you guys are having fun at TH today. Looking forward to your usual enjoyable video

Wonderful car Pete!
Enjoy it in good health,
w
You do see leather on the dash Jurica . My one bone-toss toward creature comforts. Is your car still held up in the recall or factory fix?

Originally Posted by Izzone
I believe full leather is standard on the 4.0
It is not Randy, but it is a "free" option. ~5lbs more weight but it really adds class to the interior. Like the 2RS, a lot of stuff that is extra charge on other models is a no-cost option on this car.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Aaah, you caved in!
Mine is released on Oct 4th - same spec as yours - except no leather, and Porsche LiIon battery.
I should post pictures after its planned trip to a small race shop in Meuspath, before the first time trial on Oct 8th.
I am VERY much looking forward to your info on brakes. I will immediately upgrade to Endless endurance pads ($$$) and let people know how that works with stock iron discs.
Best, w
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

the engine sounds very crisp, pete. just watched the videos today.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:48 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Aaah, you caved in!
Mine is released on Oct 4th - same spec as yours - except no leather, and Porsche LiIon battery.
I should post pictures after its planned trip to a small race shop in Meuspath, before the first time trial on Oct 8th.
I am VERY much looking forward to your info on brakes. I will immediately upgrade to Endless endurance pads ($$$) and let people know how that works with stock iron discs.
Best, w
Sweet! I respect that spec...lol. If you could capture some video of that TT, we would all surely enjoy

The eyes of the world are upon you Frank and Tom!

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
the engine sounds very crisp, pete. just watched the videos today.
It's raspy! It feels silky smooth but the sound is rough and coarse. It sounds like a race motor unlike the 3RS which screams more than rasps. The sound between the two is most definitely different.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
cay187
Advanced

i am happy for you. thank you for sharing your gifts.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts

I guess it's too late. You should have kept most of that prewrap for collectors wanting almost NIB : ). Congrats bro- awesome machine. Can't wait to see in person!!! Hopefully I can ride shotgun with u : ). Mike
Old 09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Pete,

I will be bringing my SW 3.9 back to Reno mid Oct, weather permiting, maybe we can do a comparo, if you are interested. I am curious to see how they stack up.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Drool!!!

Congrats Pete, what an awesome car! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

I wish Porsche would offer some of the cool suspension and lightweight bits for some of their other cars.

Enjoy in good health.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
On that subject let me say Porsche wheels have a huge diameter. I absolutely love the smaller diameter Personal (brand) wheel in my 3.8. Makes OE Porsche wheel feel like a bus wheel
I've noticed this too. My original spyder wheel made me feel like I was driving an old cadillac. It felt HUGE. It was one of the reasons why I decided to get a RS 4.0 steering wheel for my spyder because I thought it looked smaller. It feels smaller and looks smaller I diameter, but then I brought out my measuring tape and they were the same!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:32 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I guess it's too late. You should have kept most of that prewrap for collectors wanting almost NIB : ). Congrats bro- awesome machine. Can't wait to see in person!!! Hopefully I can ride shotgun with u : ). Mike
Great minds think alike, I DID keep it Along with some of the other pre-delivery bits. Yes, lets go for a ride!

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Hey Pete,

I will be bringing my SW 3.9 back to Reno mid Oct, weather permiting, maybe we can do a comparo, if you are interested. I am curious to see how they stack up.
Awesome! Oct 22/23 right? A drag race would be cool. How about a 5mph roll on? Maybe David will let us do it during the lunch break on the main straight? I know several people want to see this match-up happen.

Track times comparison won't be fair as I have home track advantage and we are running the big course- config B (technical)

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Drool!!!

Congrats Pete, what an awesome car! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

I wish Porsche would offer some of the cool suspension and lightweight bits for some of their other cars.

Enjoy in good health.
Thanks Afshin! You already have a mighty fine lightweight car Keep the Spyder stock and add a GT3 to the garage that someone already added the bits to.

Quick Reply: Just Another 4.0 Delivered