Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jeff Zwart preparing for Pikes Peak International Hill Climb this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Jeff Zwart preparing for Pikes Peak International Hill Climb this weekend!

I just came back from a reception by Porsche of Colorado Springs for Jeff Zwart and Deiter Izenhofer (of Andial). I got there a few hours before the official 'greet and meet' and got a chance to talk to Jeff while he was in the back still working on the car. I had just seen Jeff at the May R Gruppe reunion in Monterey since he is a fellow member. I wished him well and told him about my upcoming '12 Boxster Spyder that will be built in the last week of July, just before production ends on that model. He mentioned he knew fellow Rennlister & gt3 RS owner 'Zellamsee' and how much the later loves his Spyder! Check out the official Pace Car of the PPIHC in the last photo!

By the way, Jeff has put over 40K miles on his black .1 gt3 RS that he has owned since new! Can anyone in this forum beat those miles on their RS's?

I know pretty well the new General Manager of Porsche of Colorado Springs and highly recommend him. His name is Joe Brenner. The facility is relative brand new, it is a dedicated Porsche-only dealer and has Premier status. They put a very nice reception for Jeff in anticipation of his Pikes Peak run this weekend - the Race to the Clouds! I was worth the three hour each way trek from Vail Valley to Colorado Springs!

Jeff is the fellow in black shirt in first photo. The other guy is a 'fan', not me!

Saludos, z356 (currently in beautiful Colorado!)
Attached Images      
Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

The gt2rs looks awesome on those 18" BBS wheels. The pace car looks like it bumped into something.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:39 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

I just came back from a reception by Porsche of Colorado Springs for Jeff Zwart and Deiter Izenhofer (of Andial).

I know pretty well the new General Manager of Porsche of Colorado Springs and highly recommend him. His name is Joe Brenner. The facility is relative brand new, it is a dedicated Porsche-only dealer and has Premier status.

Saludos, z356 (currently in beautiful Colorado!)
Z-- Glad you're enjoying my home state. Thanks for the pics!
Hope you saw Dieter. If so, I missed him. Met him at ANDIAL last year, but didn't see him tonight. Told he'd be there tomorrow.

Joe's doing well in Colorado Springs, though I didn't get the full story on his broken arm. Hope he heals quickly.
IIRC, the Springs' dealership's the only in the nation to have received an allotment of more than one GT2RS. That says a lot considering their relatively small size.

I got to hang in SoCal with Jeff last week. We have some mutual friends; everything I learn about him makes me respect him more.
Originally Posted by mdrums

The gt2rs looks awesome on those 18" BBS wheels.
Two shots I took of the reigning Hillclimb Champion & his 18" wheels tonight; from the "wheels for a centerlock RS" thread...

Originally Posted by curve lover

Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Awesome. Jeff is a great guy and a real talent. There was a special on Speed recently, with Jeff and his black GT3RS -- http://993c4s.com/porsche-culture/vi...ance-everyday/

Pretty sure Jeff drove the GT2RS to Colorado from California. Reminds me of how Porsche drove their GT3RS to the Ring a year ago, raced it, and then drove it back to the factory.

Love the pace car!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is Jeff going to do the Race To The Clouds in that red GT2RS? His run last year was awesome. I can't wait to see the newest video of his race.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff, thanks Eduardo for the inside look! One heck of a compelling endorsement for the OE Clubsport cage. Good enough for Pikes peak sure as heck good enough for me!

Would love a pics under the car to see what sort of suspension resides there. Seems he has installed some lexan windows. Appears to be OE PCCB rotors on there too?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Jeff emailed me some photos and intel last night...such a good egg.

Enjoy: http://www.excellence-mag.com/of-not...peak-in-gt2-rs

The guy is all passion.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
micahbones
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that there's now so much pavement on the climb up Pike's Peak that many competitors, including Jeff, are running full tarmac tires. The 10 min. mark should soon be broken...and it won't have quite the meaning as the mythical time barrier did in the Ari Vatanen days.

Turbo in the GT2 should also help the engine make power in the thin air.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

CUP doors, Clubsport cage.

high dollar racer. Love it.

great targa newfoundland car.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:31 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
CUP doors, Clubsport cage.

high dollar racer. Love it.

great targa newfoundland car.
Would be a GREAT Targa Newfoundland car. Mmmm....so easy to drive quickly, so reassuring, so stupidly fast.

pete
Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I was there. Great weather, nice turn out, and of course the exotic GT2 RS. As others noted, it is not stock. With the paved, dirt, and gravel road sections they are running racing rain tires.

Yes, Jeff drove it from California averaging something like 56 mph and 22.x mpg.

It was really nice to have the stock GT2 RS (one of 133) on the floor next to the Hill Climb one. Yup, it is for sale.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by enthusiast
I was there. Great weather, nice turn out, and of course the exotic GT2 RS. As others noted, it is not stock. With the paved, dirt, and gravel road sections they are running racing rain tires.

Yes, Jeff drove it from California averaging something like 56 mph and 22.x mpg.

It was really nice to have the stock GT2 RS (one of 133) on the floor next to the Hill Climb one. Yup, it is for sale.
Must have been cool to see it and be around it.

I read that the Jeff's Pikes PEak GT2RS is stock except for saftey features like a race seat, roll bar, plexi windows, 18" BBS Wheels with rain race tires and cup doors. I have not read anything about any change to the engine or suspension. .....anyone know anything else about this car?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Must have been cool to see it and be around it.

I read that the Jeff's Pikes PEak GT2RS is stock except for saftey features like a race seat, roll bar, plexi windows, 18" BBS Wheels with rain race tires and cup doors. I have not read anything about any change to the engine or suspension. .....anyone know anything else about this car?
I would bet my left nut that he has the motorsport Diff and different spring rates if not different shocks altogether.

OMP wheel i suspect as well...
Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tell me about the CUP DOORS. Lighter, safer, better aerodynamics...better speakers? Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if jeff took photos of women, he would be one of the world's most famous photographers.

good luck, jeff!

Quick Reply: Jeff Zwart preparing for Pikes Peak International Hill Climb this weekend!