Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS 4.0 ORDER GUIDE

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM
gt2r
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS 4.0 ORDER GUIDE

For those placing orders on the RS 4.0, has anyone actually seen a dealer order/option list? I know the configurator has it posted but this is not the most complete list of options for most models.
The dealer list is always more complete with the codes and prices attached. My dealer says it is still not available

Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Glock Guru
Instructor

I saw nothing as of yet. I just built the car on line and went with that PCNA is playing it close to the vest on any other options, PTS, ect.

-Troy
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 PM
gt2r
Advanced

FOR ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS WHO HAVE ORDERED THEIR CARS FOR JULY BUILDS AND SEPT DELIVERIES, HAVE YOU SEEN AN ORDER GUIDE???
HOW CAN THE DEALER PLACE AN ORDER WITHOUT OPTION NUMBERS, PRICES OR OPTIONS?
IF ANY MEMBERS WHO HAVE PLACED ORDERS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THEY DID IT

THANKS
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 144 Posts

Didn't Porsche do away with order guides after 2009?
Old 05-27-2011, 12:46 AM
azmurciev12
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm from the philippines. yes i've seen the order guide (but threw it away already) when i specced my car. i have an august build date per my dealer.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2r
FOR ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS WHO HAVE ORDERED THEIR CARS FOR JULY BUILDS AND SEPT DELIVERIES, HAVE YOU SEEN AN ORDER GUIDE???
HOW CAN THE DEALER PLACE AN ORDER WITHOUT OPTION NUMBERS, PRICES OR OPTIONS?
IF ANY MEMBERS WHO HAVE PLACED ORDERS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THEY DID IT

THANKS
Calm down with the "ALL CAPS" sunshine.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Didn't Porsche do away with order guides after 2009?
Right. After the 993, the practice of a long product life cycle and printed order guide was replaced by the lean mean 996 who-the-hell-knows order processing machine. Even the Boxster arrived with a lavish document that allowed all kinds of personalization, but the prices were stupefying. Now it's a much easier process to work one-on-one with an expert and get a personalized, customized "exclusive" car built to spec if that's how far the customer's pocket book can stretch.

As for ordering a 4.0, just sit down with any dealer at their computer and work through the menus, there's nothing to write home about, no lavish a la carte selection of hot rod options like the Mac-lar-anne with built-in track data acquisition or Magnesium wheels or Titanium flugelbinders.

If the GT2 RS is any clue, then "sought after" options like PTS will appear in the system at some point as we draw closer to the end of the production. Who knows?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 AM
gt2r
Advanced

I THINK I AM NOT EXPLAINING MYSELF VERY WELL. THIS IS REALLY FOR ALL THE USA MEMBERS WHO SAY THEY HAVE ORDERED CARS. PROBABLY OTHER COUNTRIES WHO ARE GETTING THEIR CARS EARLIER HAVE THESE NUMBERS AVAILABLE ON THE DEALER COMPUTERS----THE DEALER MUST HAVE THE OPTION NUMBERS TO KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE,,,THOSE ARE AVAILAVLE ON A COMPUTER FOR THE DEALER SO THEY CAN ENTER THE NUMBERS NEEDED FOR OPTIONS.

MY DEALER SAYS IT IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE USA COMPUTER YET. SO MY QUESTION IS----HOW CAN ANYONE IN THE USA ORDER A CAR WITHOUT THAT INFO?

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED A 4.0 HOW DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS AVAILABLE SINCE THE PORSCHE SITE (CAR CONFIGURATOR) IS ALWAYS NEVER COMPLETE??

I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP
Old 05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I THINK I AM NOT EXPLAINING MYSELF VERY WELL. THIS IS REALLY FOR ALL THE USA MEMBERS WHO SAY THEY HAVE ORDERED CARS. PROBABLY OTHER COUNTRIES WHO ARE GETTING THEIR CARS EARLIER HAVE THESE NUMBERS AVAILABLE ON THE DEALER COMPUTERS----THE DEALER MUST HAVE THE OPTION NUMBERS TO KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE,,,THOSE ARE AVAILAVLE ON A COMPUTER FOR THE DEALER SO THEY CAN ENTER THE NUMBERS NEEDED FOR OPTIONS.

MY DEALER SAYS IT IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE USA COMPUTER YET. SO MY QUESTION IS----HOW CAN ANYONE IN THE USA ORDER A CAR WITHOUT THAT INFO?

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED A 4.0 HOW DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS AVAILABLE SINCE THE PORSCHE SITE (CAR CONFIGURATOR) IS ALWAYS NEVER COMPLETE??

I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP
Quit it with the ALL CAPS. Unless you're using morse code to enter words into the browser, there's a lowercase.

You've asked your question and it has been answered: find a dealer with above room temperature IQ; They'll be able to show you the options for the car and place an order against an allocation, if they have one available to you.

About 70 cars are ordered with options in the USA allocation, whatever information you're getting is mistaken. There's 120+ cars expected for the USA market, so there's no shortage of supply. If you have a July build slot, it's one of the first cars and may already be "PLPROD" aka frozen or "locked in."
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The info is in the computer, I sat and watched as we spec'ed my July build. It was engineered to be a light car, what the heck could you possibly want to add?? Maybe you are one of the true enthusiasts and want additional deletes? Right??
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
The info is in the computer, I sat and watched as we spec'ed my July build. It was engineered to be a light car, what the heck could you possibly want to add?? Maybe you are one of the true enthusiasts and want additional deletes? Right??
What ??? Besides GT3RS and GT2RS you are also buying RS 4.0 ?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PCNA has moved to computer ALA a configurator.

NOTE: Due to frequent mid-year changes in option availability, PCNA Order Guides have been discontinued.

PVA will continue to have the most up-to-date information for the dealer networ
k
Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 964C4
What ??? Besides GT3RS and GT2RS you are also buying RS 4.0 ?
Really, it has gotten out of hand The .2 model runout is killing me. A smorgasbord of incredible metal.

Looks like the worlds most awesome Boxster Spyder is going to come for sale It is like selling a child

MJones and PVA FTW.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThTwl1HrFi4&NR=1
Old 05-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Really, it has gotten out of hand The .2 model runout is killing me. A smorgasbord of incredible metal.
Here Cuppie, Cuppie, Cuppie....
Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Re: Looks like the worlds most awesome Boxster Spyder is going to come for sale.

Savyboy: That white/red Spyder of yours with all your mods will be a great buy for someone!. Good luck with that sale. z356 (Trying to beat jet-lag in London. Up early tomorrow to attend famous Prescott Hillclimb. Now to bed)

Quick Reply: RS 4.0 ORDER GUIDE