Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I like your thinking

Solid analysis to my eyes. Well said.

Look- the car will sell out as soon as allocations are distributed and like the GT2RS, the pre-owned market will be thin if any for years to follow. Those seeking a used one on the cheap are most likely destined for disappointment.

600 of these would be an instant sellout in China alone. Think about it. If the US only gets, say, 200, build slots will instantly command a $20-40k buyers premium.

I'll take mine in black at MSRP, and say thank you for the opportunity to experience the sweetest fruit fresh from the passion tree.
... glug, glug, glug ... burp ...glug, glug,glug ...
Old 04-30-2011, 01:26 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Per the guys in the Canadian forum, the 5 allocated to Canada are sold. (info not verified, and why so few?)

Correction: 15 cars for Canada and some still available. This is verified.

Last edited by FFaust; 05-01-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
... glug, glug, glug ... burp ...glug, glug,glug ...
You know you waaannnt it.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jon70
I'm not, even at a lower price than $185K. I'd rather save $60K plus and get a lightly used/nearly new 3.8RS. If I were planning to spend at least $185K, I'd then spend a little more and get a Scuderia.
Originally Posted by Jon70
I think the 4.0 RS is a fantastic car mechanically, but for me to spend that kind of money, it would have to have more of a visual statement as well. Graphics aside, it is basically identical to the 3.8 on the outside. Once you get into options, you are at Scuderia prices. I think the Scuderia will be worth more in the long run and with the carbon fiber doors, bodywork, glass engine cover and sound, I find it would be a better driving experience.
Burn the heretic!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

<snip>
life's too short to wait.
<snip>
If I can get one, I'm dumb enough to pay for it.
Originally Posted by FFaust
You know you waaannnt it.
ubetcha
Old 04-30-2011, 05:37 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ubetcha
Enriched Kool-aid flavor. Umm, so tasty! Welcome to Cult Of The Drinkers.

Now, enough yacking and back to tracking. GT3 train coming soon to a YouTube near you.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Burn the heretic!
I actually just gave up my allocation today. I am sure it will be quite a car, but I'd be looking at about a $90K+ price difference once I get out of mine. I still think my 997.1 RS is an amazing car and I am just not quite ready to give it up. I will hold out until the 991 version arrives and save my pennies until then.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Me, if I win lottery, or the USD gets stronger again against the EUR. Same thing.

I'd be all over that to skip MKII 3.8 and go straight to 4.0 for 90K!
I doubt you will take much of a depreciation hit before the 991 comes out..
I hope I'm wrong cause I really really want one.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:00 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's the dilemma, the car looks great, I'm sure it'll perform accordingly but for that price, a used Ferrari and for a little more a new one or even a McLaren seems the route to go. Besides I cuerrently have an RS (997.1) which I plan on keeping as a track car, so how many 997 RS's does one need?

The only way I could justify it would be to sell my current RS and buy the 4.0. But again at that price point...Ferrari, McLaren...blah, blah, blah...

The whole last of the Mezgers, last of the manual gear box, the RSR shaft, other components and the fact that it IS limited, make it really enticing. It is about 90% exactly what I like. IMHO it still needs more aggressive bodywork, better LSD, 8/33 R&P and lower the ******* weight!!!

Hell after saying all that, I'm still leaning towards selling my current RS and buying this. Ask me later and I may be of opposite opinion, I was this morning.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Per the guys in the Canadian forum, the 5 allocated to Canada are sold. (info not verified, and why so few?)
Mark Motors has one available to spec next week.

I inquired but no PTS, large entry fee etc. convinced me to pass.

If PTS were available I'd consider it.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I'll take mine in black at MSRP, and say thank you for the opportunity to experience the sweetest fruit fresh from the passion tree.

Mmmmmmm passion fruit ! ........there's no doubt its (the 4.0RS) going to good! Hopefully those who buy'em will enjoy'em to the fullest......I know Savyboy will!!!! Bubble wrap is for girls!

Cheers!
Doug N.

Last edited by DJN; 04-30-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Hell after saying all that, I'm still leaning towards selling my current RS and buying this. Ask me later and I may be of opposite opinion, I was this morning.
You can run, but you can't hide

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
If PTS were available I'd consider it.
Chris, if that is all that's holding you back... You do realize that this opportunity is not coming back don't you
Old 04-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

You can run, but you can't hide

Chris, if that is all that's holding you back... You do realize that this opportunity is not coming back don't you
The willingness to have a car payment again is also holding me back.

6GT3 is paid for soon and it isn't going anywhere. All other cars paid for. House paid for (kinda why I have a few cars).

Tracking a $250k car seems a bit foolish to me. If it was $150 or even the $180 out American friends are paying I might be a bit more interested. The CDN MSRP is a bit of a turnoff.

I was thinking I'd pick up a 2RS or 3RS 4.0 in a few years when garage queen owners have moved onto the latest and the greatest. Too bad no PTS. It'd look glorious in Riviera Blue.

These cars aren't investments.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
... and lower the ******* weight!!!

How much lower can they get it? It is only 35 kg heavier, dry, then the 4.0 RSR, are there any better and lighter cars out there?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
How much lower can they get it? It is only 35 kg heavier, dry, then the 4.0 RSR, are there any better and lighter cars out there?
Believe me there's still plenty of weight savings to be had in these cars without butchering them. Start with the wheels. Exhaust and especially the interior have plenty to reward you with.

Quick Reply: Who is placing an order?