Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Heel & Toe w/ Hurley

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Can someone explain the benefit of clutch out between downshifting multiple gears. I have an occasional habit of not clutching out between downshifts of more than one gear. Honestly cant tell a difference if I hold the clutch in until the last shift. Seems quicker, more efficient and less tough on the gearbox not to keep engaging gears but still keeping the revs up.
I don't either. I blip for each but don't release the clutch until the final shift. And this includes a quadruple downshift (6th to 2nd) into T1 at Daytona in a Cup...
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
medpilot105
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfjan
Maybe one day we will be able to shift like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyM-egecTlw

A lot of shifting w/ those Cup gearbox.. (He went up to 6th before the bus stop) I'm usually just getting close to top out at 4th.. ha!
One of my favorite videos ever on YouTube. Leh just demolished the field. Spectacular stuff. And, fun as Hell to watch. What a clinic!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

Ironic I just saw this. He taught me that method over ten years ago and I still use it. I find it works great; you can be stomped on the brake and modulate either throttle or brake by lifting forefoot or heel. I have smaller feet (size 9.5-10) and that may be why it works better for me.

Quick Reply: Heel & Toe w/ Hurley