Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Who is getting a GT2RS ?

Are you getting one?

Have details of delivery specifications been given to you by PCNA?

Not getting one, but just wondering...

Old 01-02-2011, 05:52 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack the thread, but I couldn't think of a worse time to introduce such a car. Such a high price point, at this point of the economic cycle, not to mention with so many new 3RS's sitting on dealer lots...Just look at how many Ferrari Scuderias are up for sale on the internet. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but can't rationalize paying that much for that car. Seems to me that every time Porsche introduces a new GT2 variant, they've missed the top of the market, a perfect lagging indicator so to speak....
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Point well taken, however most if not all of the 130 or so cars are sold units...
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by volpenyc
Not to hijack the thread, but I couldn't think of a worse time to introduce such a car. Such a high price point, at this point of the economic cycle, not to mention with so many new 3RS's sitting on dealer lots...Just look at how many Ferrari Scuderias are up for sale on the internet. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but can't rationalize paying that much for that car. Seems to me that every time Porsche introduces a new GT2 variant, they've missed the top of the market, a perfect lagging indicator so to speak....
1. 3RS's are on lots because end of cycle and Porsche loaded dealers. And then told them to unload the 3RS's ASAP due to 4.0L LE coming in March.
2. Scuds up for/on sale (trade-ins) due to massive popularity of 458.

With that noted, the 2RS is likely one of the most profitable cars Porsche has ever produced. 98% of the parts and tooling were amortized a long time ago.

Anyone that has carefully examined the PET will come to the conclusion it is a GT3RS with a turbo transplant (parts bin exercise) and some new carbon bits.

Limited edition is worth something as scarcity is a prime determinant of value of anything.

Wildly over priced, yes. Containing value over and above a GT3RS with aftermarket turbo or tweaked '08-'09 GT2, yes. I think the new 2RS is intrinsically a $200,000 car, and in a year will be priced as such. And in 5 years be back up in value to msrp due to only ~125 cars in USA and a meaningful number of those totaled by _______ drivers.

Porsche marketing machine is mightier than ever at the expense of sacrificing fresh engineering and customer service excellence. Seriously...same old LSD, brakes, coolant fittings, finicky centerlocks. Something tells me P is bad f*cked up internally right now.

MJones- Brian, finally to answer you plenty of claims by P of a fancy delivery process and release of a special owners only web-site with password. But...nothing other than the claims. PCNA=crickets.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Savy are you getting one or are you going to step up to the real man's machine?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,594 Likes on 739 Posts

Ahum, the GT2RS is as real man machine as it comes.
And I'd be setting laptimes, not the button on the steering wheel.

I'd have one if I could.
Probably over any other car.
I'd keep the Gt3RS and CGT is awesome but not really wash and wear like GT3/2, the light real Mclaren from 15 years ago is the dream car and the new one is promising, but where would I go for regular warranty, service and tons of aftermarket track setup info? Plus I don't fit in 2 seaters.

If I could buy a GT2RS also I could afford to fly in mechanics and truck the car all over the place for it, but who wants that bother? I'll take the servicable one that I can beat on all day long and pass most anything on the track and drive it to work on Monday.

Prefer N/A but the GT2RS will be able to keep up with all the heavier future bigger HP stuff at least for the next 5 years or so untill cars get lighter again.

Depreciation will be hell on any $250K car.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine gets delivered in 2 weeks.

Ok. That was a blatant lie. Felt good though
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superquant
Savy are you getting one or are you going to step up to the real man's machine?
You know I am a conflicted man
Old 01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
You know I am a conflicted man
LOL... when in conflict, understand each side's position (i.e. drive them) and get the best of both worlds (i.e. own both). That's conflict resolution 101 and you know much better than that

I've been following your thread on that other evil forum. I think a true petrolhead have an F-car in the garage at some point. Whether he likes it enough to keep (or build upon the collection) is for discussion another day...
Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not so sure about your opinion. We are "officially" out of the recession. The market is doing good and unemployment is falling. Porsche sales are significantly up from 2009. I also would not use Suderias as an indication of the car market. Many are now coming out of warranty and if you know anything about Ferraris and regular new Ferrari owners, they typically rotate every couple of years...about the time they come up on the waiting list again.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:44 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,494 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
1. 3RS's are on lots because end of cycle and Porsche loaded dealers. And then told them to unload the 3RS's ASAP due to 4.0L LE coming in March.
2. Scuds up for/on sale (trade-ins) due to massive popularity of 458.

With that noted, the 2RS is likely one of the most profitable cars Porsche has ever produced. 98% of the parts and tooling were amortized a long time ago.

Anyone that has carefully examined the PET will come to the conclusion it is a GT3RS with a turbo transplant (parts bin exercise) and some new carbon bits.

Limited edition is worth something as scarcity is a prime determinant of value of anything.

Wildly over priced, yes. Containing value over and above a GT3RS with aftermarket turbo or tweaked '08-'09 GT2, yes. I think the new 2RS is intrinsically a $200,000 car, and in a year will be priced as such. And in 5 years be back up in value to msrp due to only ~125 cars in USA and a meaningful number of those totaled by _______ drivers.

Porsche marketing machine is mightier than ever at the expense of sacrificing fresh engineering and customer service excellence. Seriously...same old LSD, brakes, coolant fittings, finicky centerlocks. Something tells me P is bad f*cked up internally right now.

MJones- Brian, finally to answer you plenty of claims by P of a fancy delivery process and release of a special owners only web-site with password. But...nothing other than the claims. PCNA=crickets.
125 cars. wow. that's rare.
i'll have to traverse over snow and mt to view yours.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
125 cars. wow. that's rare.
i'll have to traverse over snow and mt to view yours.
And of those 125 I reckon the majority will go straight into collector's garages and kept in glass jars...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 AM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Not so sure about your opinion. We are "officially" out of the recession. The market is doing good and unemployment is falling. Porsche sales are significantly up from 2009. I also would not use Suderias as an indication of the car market. Many are now coming out of warranty and if you know anything about Ferraris and regular new Ferrari owners, they typically rotate every couple of years...about the time they come up on the waiting list again.
I certainly hope you're right about the economy, but I'd be willing to have friendly wager with you to the contrary
Old 01-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
And of those 125 I reckon the majority will go straight into collector's garages and kept in glass jars...
until the next latest and greatest comes along.

I'm in for a red one in 5 years at $125
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 552 Posts

The economy is irrelevant as it relates to this car (GT2RS). They are all sold. Only 125 to the US. Demand is higher than supply. As it relates to value, thats subjective but it should beat any car on the market at within $100K of its price point. Despite the fact that its a tricked out GT3RS with turbo's and CF.

As it relates to other cars that are abundant in supply like Scuderias, 430's, GT3's etc. it is a great time to buy a used car. 430 convertibles were going for $330k before the **** hit the fan. 599's for close to $450-500K. Scuderias and 16M's were in the stratosphere. They are all relatibvely cheap today - way down in price and easily available. Only car that is strong is the 458 because it just came out and all the 430 and Scud guys want one. It is mass produced and after a while when supply catches up to demand, it willl come down pretty hard.

Quick Reply: Who is getting a GT2RS ?