Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 01:06 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
There is no doubt that you can't make a simple decision about domestic or import without taking several factors into consideration. I started this business during the recession and I can tell you first hand US small business owners really want to work. It really opens your eyes to walk into a shop where nothing is going on and the owner is sitting there trying to figure out how to outlast the bad times - how to keep the doors open. I don't expect someone to knock of the door and make me rich, but there were several guys who opened the door and listened to my ideas when others wrote me off as too small for a "big" profit. There is something to be said about giving back. This product essentially launched on Rennlist so we give Rennlist members a discount. That discount has cost money in terms of profit - but Rennlist guys have spread the word. It's a 2 way street.
I agree with you. But at the end of the day, the market makes a decision for you. Is Facebook willing to pay 1m for a rack server if we keep making it in the us or get same rack server same quality for 300k but made overseas. Higher server cost means higher price customers pay. Given that x%of your market is cost sensitive if you are looking to bring it to other car brands.. I'm not advocating not to do in us... Talk to your suppliers. I work at a big corp right now and I can tell you they won't blink and eye to us made or not: maybe our ceo would.

That said I get where you are coming from. My hobby, I design car parts, rennlist members always get free shipping and % off.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:56 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I bought two and love them. If they were 1/3 cheaper i would have bought four...
Old 07-16-2014, 01:30 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
I bought two and love them. If they were 1/3 cheaper i would have bought four...
Even if they were made off shore? I ask because I suspect target pricing for an off shore product is $149 - $199/pair. I don't think the import is looking to price at HFT level of sub $50/pair.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Forgot how much i paid for mine but yeah at that price range i would buy if they were made off short except for Bangladesh
Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

$149 a pair... All my friends would get a set for their birthdays
Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

^ +1 I'd be happy if I could get the current stands made for $149/pair.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Is there anything I should know before ordering a pair? Driving a 997.1TT with GMG lowering springs.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Just changed the oil on my 996 Turbo with these yesterday. Ive had them for about 8 months now. The product and quality are amazing. I bought 4 and two sets of pads for each..very expensive but worth the money. Customer service was also top notch Thanks again!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
Is there anything I should know before ordering a pair? Driving a 997.1TT with GMG lowering springs.
The lowered Turbo might present a small issue - depending on your jack. Most jacks go down to 3.5" minimum. If your car is lowered, you might have trouble getting the jack under the car with the Jackpoint pad on top of the jack saddle. There are jacks that go down to 2.5" - but that is an expensive solution if you already have a jack. You can get around the issue by lifting the car on the factory lift point with the jack, slide a short piece of 2x4 under the lifted tire, let the car down. There should now be enough room to get the jack and jack pad in place at the factory lift point. Once you have one corner on the Jackpoint stand, the car will be high enough to get the other side without the wood.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Nine1won
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

I would like 4 stands/pads. Cost please?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:04 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nine1won
I would like 4 stands/pads. Cost please?
Rennlist paid member price is $279/pair plus shipping. The pair includes a pair of pads (usually low profile for Porsches), aluminum pins, and rubber insulators. You should email us (info@jackpointjackstands.com) with shipping information to place the order. The web store won't give the discount. DO NOT send credit card information over email. We'll complete the payment through PayPal (with or without an account).
Old 11-02-2014, 03:33 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

I received a bit of bad news last week. Jackpoint Jackstands was hit with its first permanent price increase since we began making the Jackpoint stands in 2010. The foundry raised our basic manufacturing costs by 6.5% (basic manufacturing costs are the costs for the bases and pads without labels, pins, pads, or packaging, stacked at the foundry loading dock before pickup and delivery for finish work).

For those who have commented about the high price - it's worth noting (again) these things are really expensive to make and the margin at full retail ($299) is so slim they can only be sold directly. We have shopped other foundries that quoted basic manufacturing costs at $270/pair or more. Several sellers have approached us about carrying the stands but they needed to buy them well below our basic manufacturing costs. So, Jackpoint Jackstands have only been available directly from us.

For now we will keep the retail price in tact and take a smaller margin through the end of the year. The Rennlist paid member discount price will be honored this month but will need to increase to $289/pair at the end of November. The Rennlist membership has been a great supporter of Jackpoint Jackstands and we have tried to acknowledge that by encouraging users to become Rennlist members with a discount.

This is our first price increase. The stands were originally launched at a price of $329/pair before we brought distribution in house. As you might expect, we have also had price increases in packaging and other aspects of overall costs but have offset some of that with discounts for larger quantity orders. The foundry has held price steady for 4 years while its labor and other costs have increased. This increase is due to an increase in the price of alloy used in the stands and won't generate any profit for Jackpoint Jackstands. We will continue to make every effort to avoid a retail price increase without compromising the quality of our product and service.

Thanks - John
Old 11-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

I have a set of four and they make general maintenance a lot easier. Use them once and you'll buy a set.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Love my pair but lowered on h&r's, i cant fit my jack and the pad anymore. I already have a low profile jack. Any plans to make a thinner pad?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Cut a couple of 24" pieces of 2x4 with a 30 degree edge and back onto them. Easy to take to the track.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???