Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 01:35 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
Love my pair but lowered on h&r's, i cant fit my jack and the pad anymore. I already have a low profile jack. Any plans to make a thinner pad?
I had the same issue with a GT3 on KW Clubsport setup. I learned from Cup cars to lift the car on the factory lift point without the pad. When the tire comes off the ground you slide a piece of 2x4 under the tire and let the car down. Now you have the room to get the pad in place. Only needed for the first corner - thereafter there's enough room.

Industry standard for low profile jacks in 3.5" minimum. There are some jacks that go down to 2.5" - which helps. We have some early pads that were 3/8" thinner - but I don't know that you're that close to fitting.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:15 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
I had the same issue with a GT3 on KW Clubsport setup. I learned from Cup cars to lift the car on the factory lift point without the pad. When the tire comes off the ground you slide a piece of 2x4 under the tire and let the car down. Now you have the room to get the pad in place. Only needed for the first corner - thereafter there's enough room.

Industry standard for low profile jacks in 3.5" minimum. There are some jacks that go down to 2.5" - which helps. We have some early pads that were 3/8" thinner - but I don't know that you're that close to fitting.
I use the 2x6 trick you describe and it works great. I know you said 2x4 but a 2x6 provides more footprint for the tire. Really like your product
Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

2x4 or 6 is an easy solution. The elegant but expensive solution is a Brunnhoelzl low profile jack. A real work of art and probably the only US made aluminum jack. It has a minimum pickup height of 2". Really the jewelry of the product. Expensive but its a true professional racing jack.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I want a set of these for Christmas. Please let me know what my wife needs to do to get me a set for my 2008 911tt.

Thanks....and oh yeah...keeping it American Made is the way!

Your next big break will be when 3D printing of metal becomes mainstream. Then you could make it and have cut outs (think wiffle ball) that aren't wasteful since you are depositing material and not drilling out and wasting it. Would make for a strong lightweight product. I wonder if any currently printable composites could hold the weight?

http://www.materialconnexion.com/Abo...Default.aspx#2
Old 12-04-2014, 01:48 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

All your wife needs to do is contact me at john@jackpoint.us with your shipping information, phone number and specify the pads you want (I'm assuming low profile). I'll figure shipping and send a paypal request for the total. Thanks
Old 06-08-2015, 12:11 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

I think this is one of the first Rennlist threads about Jackpoint Jackstands. It's funny to look back at the history of discussions over nearly 5 years. Some of you know we had a long standing discount for Rennlist members which went away last year after the foundry raised its cost for the stands. We looked at raising the basic price of the stands and keeping the discount, but that would have resulted in the new discount price being the same as our current price without the discount. As we approach the 5 year anniversary of the original introduction of the stands at Porsche Parade 2010, I would like to celebrate by offering a discount to Rennlist members and PCA members until the end of Parade 2015. The discount price is $289. It is not a big discount but the foundry cost increase last year should raise the price of the stands to $318 per pair. We have held the price at $299 for awhile and from June 8 - June 27, 2015 the price for 1 pair of stands with your choice of one pair of pads will be $289 plus shipping. To get the discount mention your Rennlist member name or PCA member number in the order "special instructions". The web store will charge the full $299 price but you will get a $10 refund to your account when the order is processed. We will honor the discount for all orders placed before the June 29th. This is the only announcement we will make about the sale. I'm not trying to hide it, but I don't want to abuse Rennlist with a bunch of posts that appear to be ads instead of the thank you this is intended to be. Thanks - John
Old 06-08-2015, 06:18 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

I think this is one of the first Rennlist threads about Jackpoint Jackstands. It's funny to look back at the history of discussions over nearly 5 years. Some of you know we had a long standing discount for Rennlist members which went away last year after the foundry raised its cost for the stands. We looked at raising the basic price of the stands and keeping the discount, but that would have resulted in the new discount price being the same as our current price without the discount. As we approach the 5 year anniversary of the original introduction of the stands at Porsche Parade 2010, I would like to celebrate by offering a discount to Rennlist members and PCA members until the end of Parade 2015. The discount price is $289. It is not a big discount but the foundry cost increase last year should raise the price of the stands to $318 per pair. We have held the price at $299 for awhile and from June 8 - June 27, 2015 the price for 1 pair of stands with your choice of one pair of pads will be $289 plus shipping. To get the discount mention your Rennlist member name or PCA member number in the order "special instructions". The web store will charge the full $299 price but you will get a $10 refund to your account when the order is processed. We will honor the discount for all orders placed before the June 29th. This is the only announcement we will make about the sale. I'm not trying to hide it, but I don't want to abuse Rennlist with a bunch of posts that appear to be ads instead of the thank you this is intended to be. Thanks - John
John:

Will you be at Parade since it is close to you? By the way I still consider my jackpot stands a great investment and I have a lift
Old 06-08-2015, 10:04 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I never leave home without them... when I go to the track.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:41 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

Hi John, sent an email to the address listed on your site but didn't get a reply. Is that email current?
Old 06-08-2015, 01:37 PM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just ordered two pair, thanks for continuing to support our community with great products.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:16 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Oddly, it is what I introduced at Parade that may prevent me from attending Parade - the jack stands. I'm hoping to find the time to attend Parade - even if only for a day, but there's allot in the works with the jack stands that may tie me to Illinois for the entire week. I'm thinking of lending some stands to the concours prep area, but if I don't attend - I have to get them there and back.

Our email contacts on the website should still work: info@jackpointjackstands.com or john@jackpoint.us. The server for my email service might have been out for a minute, but the addresses are still valid.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:40 AM
DKP 97 C2 Coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

John,
I was one of the "early adapters" for your stands five years ago. The brilliance of your design still brings a smile to my face every time I use them. Bravo!
Old 06-09-2015, 08:05 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DKP 97 C2 Coupe
John,
I was one of the "early adapters" for your stands five years ago. The brilliance of your design still brings a smile to my face every time I use them. Bravo!
Actually - it's guys like you who made it happen Five years ago there were more skeptics than fans. The early adopters kept me going when the road got bumpy that first year.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually - it's guys like you who made it happen Five years ago there were more skeptics than fans. The early adopters kept me going when the road got bumpy that first year.
I'm interested in getting a set for my 2015 GT3 what do you recommend?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:16 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a chance to speak with the owner a few weeks ago, what a stand up expert all around good person he is. Purchase with confidence! :-)

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???