Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 PM
RaceDeck
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 153 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Annoying as hell

About a couple of months ago I decided to order up a GT3 RS with a paint to match...Then Porsche tells me about 3 weeks prior to the "built date" that it's not approved and will not do...Okay whatever....My build date was Oct 6th, I find out this week that it was not built and they hope to have it built by the end of the month.....
Not really a great first impression with a first time Porsche buyer.
All Rennlist Members Get Club Discounts on RACEDECK, the original USA made, multi-patented modular garage flooring system

22' GT3 Touring - Auratium Green / Graphite Blue interior ( CXX )
18' GT2 RS Weissach - Chalk
991.2 Carrera 4 S in Chalk
96 993 Turbo White/ red interior
997.1 911 GT2
73 - RS custom 3.6
24' GT4RS (on order)
94' 964 soon to be transformed

Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The fault there is with the staff at the dealership. Any of the exclusive items like paint to sample require careful attention.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

You are preaching to the choir my friend! We have all had our issues with Porsche and their screwy ordering system. "You cannot have that option on the RS", even though it is available on every other model. "Special Wishes Program, Paint-to-Sample, Exclusive Options, Individual, Etc." - unless your name is Jerry Seinfeld, really means nothing.

Despite all our bitching, we still buy their cars and love them none-the-less! Really, when you think of the alternatives, we are allowed to customize a Porsche more than just about any other manufacture. Do not get me wrong, they could do a hell of a lot better and most would pay the premium to get what they wanted! However, we probably are lucky that we are allowed to option our cars out as much as we do!

Yes, Porsche is narrow minded on their ordering process, but trust me, it will all be worthwhile the first time you fire up your new RS!!!!!

Mark
Old 10-14-2010, 01:46 PM
RaceDeck
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well now that they pushed the 'built date' push back to a hopefully another month....I will now not be driving it when it arrives but looking at it in my garage all winter long while the snow dumps here in Utah
Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 PM
RaceDeck
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

btw..the pushing back the built date had nothing to do with not approving the paint to match...that issue was resolved the day I was told with going to the back up color grey/black option. I was not told they decided to just bump my build date until a week after it was supposed to be done.
Anyway....Just not how I would like to see my company handle customers....and if they did, there would be some serious changes
Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

welcome to the new cult aka porsche.
they are not a manufacturer when you get into the GTx realm.
it not a business either.
it's a CULT.
you blink your eyes the wrong way, failed to give the secret hand shake or **** your thing the wrong direction, no soup for you. oh, wasn't it jerry seinfeld that did the soup **** thing.... i believe it was really "porsche" that's being portrayed.

i bought many fine p cars. but at this point, as long as they throw me a car, i no long give a sh*t about color, option or whatever. i must learn the secret blink, shake, ****.

but once your car gets here, you will be :-)
that i know for sure.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

No PTS, long delay - no sale. That's what I'd say.

Then go buy Mooty or ZBB0703's cars. They're basically new and will cost you less.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There's irony for you: So long as you can order an RS, you shouldn't.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think it is annoying, try Ferrari
Old 10-14-2010, 06:01 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There's irony for you: So long as you can order an RS, you shouldn't.
I think I know your reasons. I ask why anyway ...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:50 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Ever noticed that the people who are soooo good at what they do are usually arrogant.
Is that what you are describing????
Old 10-15-2010, 08:04 AM
daedton
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Racedeck, this is extremely common. I have an RS.2 on order as well. PTS. October Build. I gave 2 color choices. Both denied because of "quality issues." I pressed hard and even spoke face to face with a senior person at PCNA. The whole "exclusives" thing is truly a joke. It's never an option for us here. In the end though I'm still ending up with a very cool PTS car and I'm sure you will too. Trust me once you drive this thing, you'll never go back. As Mooty says, welcome to the cult. Be sure you want to open this door because you will be never get out.

2011 PTS RS.2 on order
2007 RS (can't ever part with)
98 C2S (can't ever part with)
97 C4S (the daily grind)
77 911S (future lightweight tracky)

i need to stop by cars i can't part with!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Racedeck were you trying to get the sport classic grey? anyways, what color did you decide on? you too daedton. love the special order color cars. good luck! Its frustrating enough just having delivery of a standard RS go smoothly here in germany. I would imagine a PTS would be a major PITA. oh btw, if porsche is reading. thank you for my RS. i am so grateful and please may i have another! (in my most humble oliver voice).
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
beentherebaby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, the GT 3 series is 3/4 hand built so scheduling is a little challenging as a small, specialized team builds all of these cars. I'm surprised however that Porsche has not gotten a better handle on delivery times by now.

I TOTALLY understand customer frustration and dissatisfaction over missed delivery dates however.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i bought many fine p cars. but at this point, as long as they throw me a car, i no long give a sh*t about color, option or whatever.
for a white RS with no option, I doubt that they can do anything wrong with your order.

Quick Reply: Annoying as hell