Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just another GT3... But finally I have mine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:08 AM
WAY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

911rox, congrats. That is one very nice car you got yourself. Aussie Jimmy's pants got a bit tighter when he saw those pics lol.

What sort of track days do you currently do if any? I recommend you do some with Driver Dynamics and O'Neil days although both are at Sandown which gets pretty boring when you've been going there for years. But they both have some quality instructors and you can get plenty of instructor times. Guys like Dave Reynolds (former Carrera Cup winner) are often there and are perfect instructors in a car like a 911. Alternatively Fitzy (Peter Fitzegerald) offers his clients small group (5-6 people) instructions at Winton. These are great days as you learn so much from him. We are talking not just about how to drive, but how to think on the track as well. He then also drive your car and sets a benchmark for you to match. Good luck matching him especially in a 911 lol. I'm more than happy to introduce you to any of these guys by way of email.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:27 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very...
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2010, 06:26 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Hit the road today- heading down towards the coast, just to rake up the kms... Copped a huge down poor whilst on the highway but I just eased off the gas and MPSCs coped okay. You can certainly tell they have trouble moving water considering they have no evacuation channels to the side... A few more shots- better quality this time (sort of)... enjoy...

The only thing I'm hating for the moment is the amount of tar it seems to flick onto the rear quarters and bar from the road... Its a b#%tch to get off...
Attached Images    

Last edited by 911rox; 07-15-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:43 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WAY
911rox, congrats. That is one very nice car you got yourself. Aussie Jimmy's pants got a bit tighter when he saw those pics lol.

What sort of track days do you currently do if any? I recommend you do some with Driver Dynamics and O'Neil days although both are at Sandown which gets pretty boring when you've been going there for years. But they both have some quality instructors and you can get plenty of instructor times. Guys like Dave Reynolds (former Carrera Cup winner) are often there and are perfect instructors in a car like a 911. Alternatively Fitzy (Peter Fitzegerald) offers his clients small group (5-6 people) instructions at Winton. These are great days as you learn so much from him. We are talking not just about how to drive, but how to think on the track as well. He then also drive your car and sets a benchmark for you to match. Good luck matching him especially in a 911 lol. I'm more than happy to introduce you to any of these guys by way of email.
lol Thanks Way.... I'm wrapped with it myself... Its a pleasure to drive.

PM sent re contacts...
Old 04-25-2010, 06:44 AM
RS LOVER
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
don't sell that car! ( if it's yours that is on the market, that is)
Hi Jimmy,
Yes it is my car on the market. I don't want to sell the car, but I have to.

I should be at Eastern Creek later on this year. Maybe we can say hi.

Roxy,
Great photos of the car. You should be coming up to a motor rebuild soon LOL. Looks fantastic. Enjoy your new toy.

Ciao for now
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dkrash GT3 RS
Hi Jimmy,
Yes it is my car on the market. I don't want to sell the car, but I have to.

I should be at Eastern Creek later on this year. Maybe we can say hi.

Roxy,
Great photos of the car. You should be coming up to a motor rebuild soon LOL. Looks fantastic. Enjoy your new toy.

Ciao for now
Hey champ, fantastic car you have! Just checked it out on carpoint. I'm sure you'll be making the most of the upcoming track day and I'm sure there will be another P car soon.

Mine certainly better not need a rebuild soon, lol... So far the Nissan has given me 180k hard kms without missing a beat. I'm expecting a million km before my first rebuild for the outlay with this thing
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 AM
green
Pro

Great pics Rox
Old 04-25-2010, 09:25 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations. Your GT3 looks fantastic. Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Hit the road today- heading down towards the coast, just to rake up the kms... Copped a huge down poor whilst on the highway but I just eased off the gas and MPSCs coped okay. You can certainly tell they have trouble moving water considering they have no evacuation channels to the side... A few more shots- better quality this time (sort of)... enjoy...

The only thing I'm hating for the moment is the amount of tar it seems to flick onto the rear quarters and bar from the road... Its a b#%tch to get off...
Very nice. You were down as far as Bells Beach? Are radar detectors illegal in Vic now? By the way, you can turn off the Audi LED running lights in the console menu: set->light->running. : ) That way, nobody will notice the brand new, white Porsche with the enormous wing ... : )
Old 04-25-2010, 08:17 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Very nice. You were down as far as Bells Beach? Are radar detectors illegal in Vic now? By the way, you can turn off the Audi LED running lights in the console menu: set->light->running. : ) That way, nobody will notice the brand new, white Porsche with the enormous wing ... : )
I was down the other side of the peninsula, CGT... down Portsea way. As for radar detectors- VERY illegal... as they have adverse effects on revenue raising Only Western Australia still allow them.

I will play around with the lights today. Would love a little less attention. Thought they were a bit of a permanent thing...
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought so...was going to guess Mount Martha, Dromana, Sorrento area....

Some great views in that part of that world...magic sunsets.

Enjoy the ANZAC day holiday.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM
MGS996
Racer

Nice golf course's in Mount Martha

Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 AM
CC911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rox, spent some time in Mt Eliza last September and did a Sunday arvo in Portsea - great place ...... had to call a cab home

Those pictures of your car are awesome .... I love the white.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Thanx fellas, the novelty factor just isn't wearing off fast enough. All I want to do is drive... Not always possible though, back to reality 2moro- work...

Originally Posted by CC911
Rox, spent some time in Mt Eliza last September and did a Sunday arvo in Portsea - great place ...... had to call a cab home

Those pictures of your car are awesome .... I love the white.
Hey CC, yeh the good old Portsea pub has that affect. Apart from the traffic during holidays, the mornington peninsula is great for a getaway...

Last edited by 911rox; 04-26-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
Thought so...was going to guess Mount Martha, Dromana, Sorrento area....

Some great views in that part of that world...magic sunsets.

Enjoy the ANZAC day holiday.
Thanx Bill. You were spot on with your assumption. The home shots are in fact in Sorrento. Were you from these parts or have you visited in the past? Either way, you've done really well to recall.

Quick Reply: Just another GT3... But finally I have mine!!!