jmachul
Advanced

Thats the way to use this car.....much respect!!! Enjoy and congrats
Old 03-27-2010 | 02:36 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
Hope you heal fast! Too bad you could not be out here.

Only second day on the track so still learning. Hopefully better by tomorrow
Thanks. I hope to get well soon too. I will drive my RS as a rehab for hand and elbow ... first I will have to be able to insert the key in the ignition lol

Just second day out on the track with brand new car, tires and brakes doing 2:16 at Thunderhill is very respectable! No need to put your RS at risk by going faster than you are comfortable with. Remember you don't win any trophy by being the fastest car out there and no one will pay for your car if you wreck it. Just enjoy your new RS and go at your own pace
Old 03-27-2010 | 02:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I am picking up the car likely the 11th. Hoping to hit thye track on the 17th. but I need to get going on big torque wrench, pads and wheels and tires. Does not look likely, I am still travelling another week...

I'll try to order the Pagid 29 on Monday, but I guess for the first weekend the regular brake fluid and pads will do. I will nottake my street wheels and thires on track though, so the wheels are the holdup.
Old 03-27-2010 | 04:08 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

I think mikymu did 2:24 1st time out at thill : ). He doesn't deserve my respect back then : ). Jk- by the way what was your laptime 1st time at the thill with rs? I did 2:09 bypass 2:06 cyclone including many spins : ). Mike kinda sad that over 4 years of seat time I only improved 5 seconds over the top : (.
Old 03-27-2010 | 10:41 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I am picking up the car likely the 11th. Hoping to hit thye track on the 17th.
You coming to Sebring for the Chin event? Can;t wait to see the car, especially out on the track. See you there!
Old 03-28-2010 | 12:20 AM
savyboy
Drifting

OK, new video added to original post on page one. The in-car cam decided to work this time...argh! It has been acting up and not recording. MJones joined us yesterday, and Cass Whitehead (PSDS Chief Instructor and huge racing record) also came as Colm's guest. Fun, interesting group of people.

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Did Colm get his RS?
I think he said he wanted to wait and see the RS his friend got. Seeing as how the friend is quite taken with his car, I thik Colm might move ahead!

Originally Posted by 1198r
Amazing - totally amazing! The sound is superb! Roll on August
Yes indeed!

Originally Posted by jmachul
Thats the way to use this car.....much respect!!! Enjoy and congrats
I obviously wholly agree! Thank you Sir!

Originally Posted by mikymu
Just second day out on the track with brand new car, tires and brakes doing 2:16 at Thunderhill is very respectable! No need to put your RS at risk by going faster than you are comfortable with. Remember you don't win any trophy by being the fastest car out there and no one will pay for your car if you wreck it. Just enjoy your new RS and go at your own pace
Managed a 2:13.2 today, getting more used to the track. Only using 3 and 4th and shifting at two points. I can and probably should shift to 5th on the front straight, but would have to shift back to 4th two seconds later.

Oh I am with you on the risk and over aggressive driving....I am the type to work my way up to the limits at my own pace. But I do love to drive and drive well and fast. Hey, I met Joe today and we were able to chat and he is a great guy. He car is beautiful and well set up.

I heard I would win a pony if I was fastest car?

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I am picking up the car likely the 11th. Hoping to hit thye track on the 17th. but I need to get going on big torque wrench, pads and wheels and tires. Does not look likely, I am still travelling another week...

I'll try to order the Pagid 29 on Monday, but I guess for the first weekend the regular brake fluid and pads will do. I will nottake my street wheels and thires on track though, so the wheels are the holdup.
It is so good out of the box. Just saying...

Other than a corner balance and check alignment, I am not touching anything. The PCCB's are phenomenal. Tires are wearing perfectly across the tread face.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I think mikymu did 2:24 1st time out at thill : ). He doesn't deserve my respect back then : ). Jk- by the way what was your laptime 1st time at the thill with rs? I did 2:09 bypass 2:06 cyclone including many spins : ). Mike kinda sad that over 4 years of seat time I only improved 5 seconds over the top : (.
I am trying to avoid spins. Have to drive home in it.
Old 03-28-2010 | 01:48 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Totally enjoyed your track videos, car sounds amazing, enjoy in good health!
Old 03-28-2010 | 01:58 AM
jenk12m
Banned

straight to the track, i love it
Old 03-28-2010 | 03:37 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
lol

First time out at Thunderhill with my RS I did 2:19 bypass and 2:08 last time out with PCCB. I will be faster with proper steel brakes. My goal is to improve 3-4 seconds every time

Originally Posted by savyboy

Oh I am with you on the risk and over aggressive driving....I am the type to work my way up to the limits at my own pace. But I do love to drive and drive well and fast. Hey, I met Joe today and we were able to chat and he is a great guy. He car is beautiful and well set up.

I heard I would win a pony if I was fastest car?
Great attitude and fun way to enjoy your RS. Glad you meet Joe today. I hope he was able to move out of beginner group since he and I run advance now days.

I try not to be the fastest car of the day since I don't have a trailer for the prize donkey lol
Old 03-28-2010 | 04:14 PM
speedoflight
Racer

great meeting you yesterday pete and props to u for using the car straight out and not bubble wrappin it lol. enjoy the rest of today. at least no kit car spitting out fire this time.
Old 03-28-2010 | 04:26 PM
speedoflight
Racer

lol

First time out at Thunderhill with my RS I did 2:19 bypass and 2:08 last time out with PCCB. I will be faster with proper steel brakes. My goal is to improve 3-4 seconds every time

Great attitude and fun way to enjoy your RS. Glad you meet Joe today. I hope he was able to move out of beginner group since he and I run advance now days.

I try not to be the fastest car of the day since I don't have a trailer for the prize donkey lol
flew solo in blue group. same group as pete but somehow i couldn't find 'em around the track.
it's nice to run with a bunch of cars with the same marquee for a change.
Old 03-28-2010 | 04:55 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speedoflight
flew solo in blue group. same group as pete but somehow i couldn't find 'em around the track.
it's nice to run with a bunch of cars with the same marquee for a change.
They were hiding from you.

How fast was the blue group and were you able to chip away your time below 2:05 with new rear R888? I am use to running with all kids of cars. It will be weird if I can't mix it up with Lotus and Vetts.

Post some track pictures guys when you get a chance
Old 03-28-2010 | 05:28 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

OMG the SOUND!

WOT from 3rd to 4th the MUSIC!

I've gotta go take a cold shower.
Old 03-29-2010 | 03:41 AM
speedoflight
Racer

They were hiding from you.

How fast was the blue group and were you able to chip away your time below 2:05 with new rear R888? I am use to running with all kids of cars. It will be weird if I can't mix it up with Lotus and Vetts.

Post some track pictures guys when you get a chance
no it just means i couldn't catch up with 'em. blue group is okay except limited passing. it was hard to get a clean lap for most of the day but people were courteous at giving point-bys and i was giving point-bys myself to C4Ss and some 993s. new rear tires felt greasy as i expected. my lap times got worse and didn't break my personal record. maybe it's 'cos i only had a couple hours sleep the nite before?
Old 03-29-2010 | 03:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You coming to Sebring for the Chin event? Can;t wait to see the car, especially out on the track. See you there!
I hope so. Still need to pick up the car, break it in, change oil, corner balance, buy wheels and tires, install traqmate, etc. everything is lined up, but we'll see............

Quick Reply: '10 RS Track Report