Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

HPDE / track insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:26 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i have noticed USAA has done a reversal. They used to cover it back in 2005, changed policy to say any kind of driving on a closed course is not covered in 06. I dropped them and went to another insurance company. when they asked why, I told them exactly why. i have been doing DE's, non-timed not competitive for the past 10 years and haven't had a claim yet. i didn't need their business if they weren't going to back me up. Now, these words are missing out of their policy again and i'm back since they are pretty good company otherwise.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

State Farm has a clause that specifically provides that you are not covered on a racetrack.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 184 Posts

USAA is a good organization on all levels. I especially like those premium return checks every now and again I can't recall a time when i was not happy with a conversation, quote, or the outcome of a problem. I have all my insurance eggs in their basket.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

State Farm has a clause that specifically provides that you are not covered on a racetrack.
Same with Allstate..
Old 02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
brim
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My USAA policy states that any "Driving Contest or Challenge" is an exclusion to coverage and is defined as "An activity that challenges the speed or handling characteristics of a vehicle, or improves or demonstrates driving skills, provided the activity occurs on a track or course that is closed from nonparticipants."

My assumption is that I am not covered for a non-racing track day or HPDE. Does anyone else read that differently? I double check with USAA too.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
tford
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got this today from WSIB:

"I regret to inform you, but unfortunately we have had to discontinued our coverage for Drivers Education Insurance due to the amount of losses over the last year. I would recommend Lockton-Affinity for this type of coverage, as they have a similar product.

HPDE Coverage

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Kris"
Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
rmag
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tford
Just got this today from WSIB:

"I regret to inform you, but unfortunately we have had to discontinued our coverage for Drivers Education Insurance due to the amount of losses over the last year. I would recommend Lockton-Affinity for this type of coverage, as they have a similar product.

HPDE Coverage

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Kris"
All Savyboys fault ... first his incident raised the rates for RS's, then it put the company under
Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/pc...olicy_1-11.pdf

Unable to quote 01/19/10 supposedly mid Feb:

Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:40 AM
To: 'peter@trakcar.com'
Subject: FW: http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/pc...olicy_1-11.pdf

Peter,

Based on the link you provided, it looks like you are interested in our new annual policy for DE Events. The policy is expected to be available in mid-February and we hope to have the pricing model and quote process available by the first part February. Please check the website that was in the bottom right corner of this notice at that time or watch for another announcement with specific dates. Thanks for your interest.

Fredric A. Knuth
Assistant Vice President
Account Executive
Lockton Affinity
7300 College Blvd., Suite 500
Overland Park, KS 66210
Phone: 913.652.7529
Fax: 913.652.4529
E-mail: fknuth@locktonaffinity.com

All Programs administered by Lockton Risk Services, Inc.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I know this has been discussed often, but I was wondering about possible new companies offering HPDE / track insurance.

The last 2 years I had my '07 GT3 covered by Prosure, sold by Harbor American Specialty Brokers, underwritten by Lloyds in London.
Never used it, so not sure how good it is, but I think reputable.

I was informed yesterday (New car coming.) that when my policy, underwritten by Lloyds will not be renewed when it expires in October.

Cross Post

I paid $4K last year and 3K this year and filled in that I do about 12 events a year.

Does anyone else have a policy from them, or an agent who uses Lloyds?
What are you guys getting quoted now and where?

I know about Lockton Affinity and their PCA program, but they quote per event and I am looking for cheaper annual coverage.

I know (proven) insurance companies that will cover your car on track for instructional purposes and if I can not get affordable HDPE / track insurance I should switch to at least improve my chances compared to Allstate who has it in my policy that they will not cover the car on track.

Thanks!
if you search around you may find it in the other thread - a guy had damage on a track but got it covered by a basic geico policy.

also from what i was told metlife covers any damage on a non-racing events so unless you club race - regular DEs should be covered.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:51 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by rmag
All Savyboys fault ... first his incident raised the rates for RS's, then it put the company under
I, again, reject the allegation and the allegator!...

Seriously, if I killed them singlehandedly then better to know sooner than later. Curious to see what Lockton Affinity comes out with in their multi-event coverage. Need GT2RS coverage...
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Need GT2RS coverage...
The other GT2RS owners better lock it in ASAP...
Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

That's why I cancelled and I told him exactly why. He preferred to argue that "No one" will cover track events.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

High Point Auto Insurance specifically covers DE's. They have made presentations at our NNJR-PCA meetings and this is their claim to fame - they cover DE's.

www.highpointins.com
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

We need an insurance agency in Florida that covers DE's
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Someone mentioned a while back another company that covered DE that wrote coverage in many states, will someone kindly refresh my memory? High Point is only NJ. With that said, my local State Farm agent said they DO cover non-timed events. I know my friend LawJDC mentioned above he believes they do not. Frustrating to have these conflicting pieces of info.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The other GT2RS owners better lock it in ASAP...
Lol...

Quick Reply: HPDE / track insurance