Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Car off the boat and in PDI at port.

News to me: GT3 and GT3RS and Carerra GTs get special handling and are not delivered to dealer by regular truck. Special delivery via Intercity lines from boat to dealer is what my dealer advised me (Stoppie/Chad Porsche N Olmsted OH).

Already signed up for PCA DE Thunderhill March 26/27/28...woo-hoo! Did Spring Mountain this past weekend in the C4S with PCA Las Vegas, fun track, very nice folks. Local PCA was very welcoming. Great group of drivers and even though Sat was rain, no major mishaps.
do PM me when your RS is any where near norther CA.
i would love to see it in person.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The cargo ship "Torrens" carrying my car is docking in Baltimore today (2nd March)... If any one is down there, please ask them to put the pedal to the metal... lol... Not due in Melbourne till 7th April... Maybe I could come across on my seadoo and drag its *** a little faster!

Last edited by 911rox; 03-02-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
do PM me when your RS is any where near norther CA.
i would love to see it in person.
Of course! I will message you the 411 as soon as I know the exact logistics of everything.

I was hoping I would meet you and Mikeymu (and other Rennlisters?) at Thunderhill 3-26/28?

Originally Posted by 911rox
The cargo ship "Torrens" carrying my car is docking in Baltimore today (2nd March)... If any one is down there, please ask them to put the pedal to the metal... lol... Not due in Melbourne till 7th April... Maybe I could come across on my seadoo and drag its *** a little faster!
Oh man, Boston is a long way from Australia! Sorry to read you are trapped in transport
Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

i can't make 3/26-8 GGR dates. out of country.
but if you are here before then, let's catch up.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh man, Boston is a long way from Australia! Sorry to read you are trapped in transport
Unfortunately it is a long, long way to oz with another 5-6 port stops before they arrive but I'm hoping time will fly now... Reading peoples' stories as they receive there cars and shopping for goddies (jacks, tools etc) keeps me going for know...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Keep us posted, I wonder if the rear suspension is different from the GT3.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Keep us posted, I wonder if the rear suspension is different from the GT3.
Split wishbones on the RS is all I know of? And of course rear track is 44mm wider.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.....Special delivery via Intercity lines from boat to dealer is what my dealer advised me......

...... Did Spring Mountain this past weekend in the C4S with PCA Las Vegas, fun track, very nice folks. Local PCA was very welcoming. Great group of drivers and even though Sat was rain, no major mishaps.
You will thoroughly enjoy the delivery by Inter-city; they delivered my CGT and it was quite impressive.....

And you should have come up to hang with us in the upper paddock at SM - I was running a 997 GT3 Cup and a white CLK 63 black on Saturday - fun in the wet!!! Come to SM anytime with the RS!

I signed up for T-Hill, but may not be able to make it and may end up running SM instead with POC.
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
My 2010 GT3 was on that same vessel! Best of luck to you guys!
Mine too!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by thusly
You will thoroughly enjoy the delivery by Inter-city; they delivered my CGT and it was quite impressive.....

And you should have come up to hang with us in the upper paddock at SM - I was running a 997 GT3 Cup and a white CLK 63 black on Saturday - fun in the wet!!! Come to SM anytime with the RS!

I signed up for T-Hill, but may not be able to make it and may end up running SM instead with POC.
If you do make it to TH come over and say hi! At SM I was parked to the left of the car transporter set-up the Canadians had, with the cones out around it. I know to come meet you next time! Did you run the red or yellow trimmed car there?

Not sure how I missed watching you run the CLK, I would like to have seen that. The Aston in our group wasn't being driven that fast, but it sounded fantastic and I give kudos for them to have the ***** to track it.

You are soooo lucky to have that facility in your "backyard". I would become a member in a heartbeat if it were not a 7 hour drive
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I

You are soooo lucky to have that facility in your "backyard". I would become a member in a heartbeat if it were not a 7 hour drive
I was running the car shown in the photo (and below). at SM Slicks were impossible in the morning with a damp/drizzling/wet track - much better in the afternoon. The CLK was quite fun in the wet, but would easily break loose if a "more assertive" right foot was used on the accelerator - too much torque. Traction control on was a nightmare - far better with it off. Great fun practicing car control nonetheless!

(Photos are from Sebring; the female mechanics in the photos weren't very good with the tools but made up for it in other ways....)

P.S. Sorry in advance to anyone who may be offended by the girls...
Attached Images    
Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Sweet!

So many comments I could make. But won't
Old 03-03-2010, 04:10 PM
atleung
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my sales guy and his rep today, the RS's are awaiting certification (EPA, etc.). So delivery to dealerships won't be immediate. The other cars (currently certified models like Cayennes and Panameras) that were on the same boat have been released (PDIMON status). The RS's are not in this status yet.

Car off the boat and in PDI at port.

News to me: GT3 and GT3RS and Carerra GTs get special handling and are not delivered to dealer by regular truck. Special delivery via Intercity lines from boat to dealer is what my dealer advised me (Stoppie/Chad Porsche N Olmsted OH).

Already signed up for PCA DE Thunderhill March 26/27/28...woo-hoo! Did Spring Mountain this past weekend in the C4S with PCA Las Vegas, fun track, very nice folks. Local PCA was very welcoming. Great group of drivers and even though Sat was rain, no major mishaps.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

This Friday night Inter City is coming to my house to pick up a car I sold. I will see what else is in the truck. Who knows???
Rich
Old 03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
tshih
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats to all awaiting delivery of their '10 GT3/RS. With the exception of a PCA member on the eastcoast (NNJR) who took delivery at Stuttgart and drove the Nurburgring after 500-1000 break-in miles keeping revs below 5000 rpm what are new owners doing in terms of breaking in the new car's engines?

I intend to do 500 miles with the rev's below 5000 then take it to redline gradually over the next 1000 miles before tracking the car.

Quick Reply: RS: On The Boat (ONVESL)