OT: Hotel for Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OT: Hotel for Laguna Seca

Nor Cal guys!!!!

Im going to Laguna Seca for the first time in March and need a rec for a good place to stay.

I will be going solo (no lady) so I don't need to stay in a ritzy place.

Looking for a clean nice hotel that is not too far from the track and not to far from the track or Monterey.

I was recommended the BEST WESTERN DE ANZA INN

any more?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 AM
PETSCHAUER
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monterey can get pricey over the weekend so Salinas is a good bet if you don't require ritzy.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

http://www.google.com/#q=monterey+ho...6c79a56c95bda8

The hotel/motels on fremont street are just regular rooms at ok prices.

I like http://www.loneoaklodge.com/

You will love LS.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we went down for the historics and were directed to the embassy suites in seaside (?). they were full so the day before our trip, we used some pricefinder and got a room at the portola for $250 - normally a $700 room.

worked very well. agree, you don't need anything fancy but it was nice to be there right in monterrey for a bit more
Old 02-10-2010, 03:03 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
Nor Cal guys!!!!

Im going to Laguna Seca for the first time in March and need a rec for a good place to stay.

I will be going solo (no lady) so I don't need to stay in a ritzy place.

Looking for a clean nice hotel that is not too far from the track and not to far from the track or Monterey.

I was recommended the BEST WESTERN DE ANZA INN

any more?
Hope to see ya at Laguna. I will try my best to make it at least on 3/4.

Wife and I with two small kids stay at Ramada Inn at Marina when we visit Monterey aquarium. Marina is stone throw from Laguna and Monterey. Super cheap at $60 - $100 a night depends on what you are looking for. New building and very clean. You can ask for a room looking at the back parking lot so you can keep an eye on your car. Here is the link: Ramada Marina CA
Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
otisdog
Pro

Second the Best Western De Anza Inn. Get a room up high on the backside. Big, recently remodeled rooms, backside is quieter, but the whole place is quiet. Some of the big buck places on the water are rather noisy.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
rodjac
Rennlist Member

The Holiday Inn Express in Seaside (on Del Monte ave) next to the Embassy Suites works well for me. One thing to remember is that if you stay in Salinas the traffic getting to Laguna can be very bad if you don't time it right, but coming from Monterey direction there is usually never a problem.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
HRMinHawaii
Advanced

I'll be there March 4&5 with Trackmasters. The Hooked on Driving website has a nice review of favorite lodging in the area.

mikymu, I saw your exhaust sound fix post. I will be driving a 997.2 GT3 completely stock, will I need to bypass sport mode from your experience?
Originally Posted by mikymu
Hope to see ya at Laguna. I will try my best to make it at least on 3/4.

Wife and I with two small kids stay at Ramada Inn at Marina when we visit Monterey aquarium. Marina is stone throw from Laguna and Monterey. Super cheap at $60 - $100 a night depends on what you are looking for. New building and very clean. You can ask for a room looking at the back parking lot so you can keep an eye on your car. Here is the link: Ramada Marina CA
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HRMinHawaii
I'll be there March 4&5 with Trackmasters. The Hooked on Driving website has a nice review of favorite lodging in the area.

mikymu, I saw your exhaust sound fix post. I will be driving a 997.2 GT3 completely stock, will I need to bypass sport mode from your experience?
Yes, you will still need to do the vacuum hose bypass as I have shown with all stock exhaust. I got black flag twice (three time you are out) with all stock exhaust at 96 db. Joe speedoflight with sharwerk central exhaust got caught at >100 db before the simple vacuum mod. It's a pain in the butt to get the OEM metal rings off the vacuum hose plus you lose about 15 hp/torque. I may come up with a better trick in the near future ...
Old 02-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for the Best Western; it's right on the beach, has a great restaurant and is 15 minutes from the track. Plus a latte in the morning at the piano bar overlooking the ocean is fabulous! I'm sure there are less expensive spots but this one is worth the extra coin IMO.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Space Gray
AutoX

The BMWCCA Golden Gate chapter has used the Cypress Tree Inn as HQ when they have driving schools at Laguna. http://cypresstreeinn.com/
Old 02-11-2010, 03:36 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leigh2
+1 for the Best Western; it's right on the beach, has a great restaurant and is 15 minutes from the track. Plus a latte in the morning at the piano bar overlooking the ocean is fabulous! I'm sure there are less expensive spots but this one is worth the extra coin IMO.
+2 for BW.

and I strongly recommend TARPY's and the KOBE burger.
must get it RARE or maybe medium rare
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by Leigh2
+1 for the Best Western; it's right on the beach
The BW De Anza Inn is not on the beach, it's on Fremont, next to Denny's. Nothing wrong with being on the beach, though.

Last edited by otisdog; 02-11-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: mis-spelled the pancake joint
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

what's a nicer place if you are bringing a lady? I'm going mar 20 for skip barber
Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Motel 6 all the way, $49.99 FTW ;-)

I pulled in there Sunday night and found another GT3 already in the lot for a track day on Monday

Quick Reply: OT: Hotel for Laguna Seca